Does Solanke start?

FlamengoLoyal

As everyone is talking about signing him do we think he walks into the starting 11 if we do? Does that mean we change formation to suit him or would the leagues top scorer be on the bench? Haven’t seen much of the lad so don’t know how good he is.

For me it would give us more competition for places, an option to go 2 up top and a decent backup for Morelos if playing 1 up. He can also play wide. However, if we are playing 1 up front it’s Morelos’ spot.

I think you could play him in the number 10 role just off Alfredo and would be the man who would probably be on the end of a load of the crosses that come from to Tav and Borna.

As everyone is talking about signing him do we think he walks into the starting 11 if we do? Does that mean we change formation to suit him or would the leagues top scorer be on the bench? Haven’t seen much of the lad so don’t know how good he is.

He is nowhere near the Liverpool first team so nobody knows what he’s like. Don’t really understand the attention he gets given he’s done nothing at Liverpool.

It’s a squad game. Kyle Lafferty has played in 24 games this season.

Doesn’t anyone remember when we actually had options up front? It isn’t that long ago we had Boyd, Novo, Miller, Lafferty, Naismith, Darcheville, and Cousin in the same squad.

I have no idea if he is good enough to start.

But if he is, IF he is then 3,5,2 is the only way he should be accommodated.

I still know nothing about this guy other than what I hear on here. I guess I should check him out - although, that is difficult to do without seeing him play proper games.

If a few other clubs down south are after him then I think you can probably rule us out. Unless of course he's a big Gerrard fan.

That said. Does the fact we've sent Ejaria give Liverpool any cause to worry about sending him on loan? Granted, there was obviously a good reason for that.

Doesn’t anyone remember when we actually had options up front? It isn’t that long ago we had Boyd, Novo, Miller, Lafferty, Naismith, Darcheville, and Cousin in the same squad.
Jeepers, did we really. That's some incredible firepower

Meh. Barely.

Miller and Lafferty signed in the summer of 2008 and Cousin left later the same summer, with Darcheville barely featuring and leaving the beginning of January 2009.

We definitely need more options though. Someone of real quality to give Morelos a proper run for his money would be good. Though if we are limited in what we can spend, I'd like a quality midfielder before anything.

If we need to bring in a striker I'd prefer an experienced one

If we're looking for a young up and coming then we have a few of our own

Meh. Barely.

Miller and Lafferty signed in the summer of 2008 and Cousin left later the same summer, with Darcheville barely featuring and leaving the beginning of January 2009.

We definitely need more options though. Someone of real quality to give Morelos a proper run for his money would be good. Though if we are limited in what we can spend, I'd like a quality midfielder before anything.

Replace Cousin with Velicka and the list still stands, no?

What about the days when we had Mols, Caniggia, Arveladze, Flo, Dodds, Lovenkrands etc? I’m sure they all played in 01/02.

We currently have 2 strikers. It’s insane to ask where a third fits in.

He is nowhere near the Liverpool first team so nobody knows what he’s like. Don’t really understand the attention he gets given he’s done nothing at Liverpool.
Only time I've seen him play for Liverpool was leading the line against Brighton in 1 of the last games of last season. Scored a good goal & almost got MoM.

I just want him to go and sign for someone else permanently so we can maybe broaden our horizons.

Perhaps that also applies to Allen and Gerrard

I wouldn't be surprised if we sold Morelos in January. I don't think we should but it wouldn't surprise me.
Solanke or A.N. Other to replace him,

Can't see us switching to 4-4-2 to accommodate him or anyone else if Morelos stays.

I'm doubtful that he would come up to play in the SPFL. He has played for the England senior team and has been linked to EPL Huddersfield who are managed by Klopp's pal Wagner.

Was that the season we went to Hibs and played a 4-3-3 with Burke, Naismith and Cousin?

Some amount of attacking options.

Buffel was kicking about as well and barely used.

Has anyone even seen the guy play a few games?

I know FF does this sort of thing but I can’t remember there being such a clamour to get a guy that has Played so little first team football.

Great point and all I can say is that Klopp kept him in the first team squad in case of injuries. My guess is that he is ok with picking him for Liverpool in the EPL if necessary. No risk option for us if it happens.

Great point and all I can say is that Klopp kept him in the first team squad in case of injuries. My guess is that he is ok with picking him for Liverpool in the EPL if necessary. No risk option for us if it happens.

Of course and I’m certainly not against us looking at loans of promising young players. I’m just wondering why so many seem to think he should go straight into our first XI when only a handful of posters (if that) could’ve seen this guy playing at all nevef mind with any regularity.

Of course and I’m certainly not against us looking at loans of promising young players. I’m just wondering why so many seem to think he should go straight into our first XI when only a handful of posters (if that) could’ve seen this guy playing at all nevef mind with any regularity.

Gut feeling CD, Solanke or Sadiq in the semi against the sheep ?
We need help to get us over the line this season. Gerrard and King have already hinted that not much buisiness if any will be done in this upcoming window. My guess is that means player purchases not loans.
Roll the dice baby.

What’s the team if we are 2 up top?

McGregor
McAuley Goldson Katic
Tav Arfield Jack Coulibaly Borna
Morelos Solanke​

Although I’d hope Davis would take Coulibaly’s place.

I’m not sure we’d go with 2 up top though, probably him coming in from wide left. In which case I’d go...

McGregor
Tav McAuley Goldson Borna
Arfield Jack Coulibaly
Kent Morelos Solanke​

Gut feeling CD, Solanke or Sadiq in the semi against the sheep ?
We need help to get us over the line this season. Gerrard and King have already hinted that not much buisiness if any will be done in this upcoming window. My guess is that means player purchases not loans.
Roll the dice baby.

It’s hard for me to say Solanke as I’ve never seen him play mate but I think we can agree it shouldn’t have been Sadiq. I’ll be clear I’m not against him coming, I just think some should temper their expectations a bit is all.

Must admit I expected more from Lafferty. I was very noisy on here with my support for bringing him in. Been disappointed so far, although I thought he played well today, that miss apart.

I’ll be stunned if he comes here .

I think it’s all speculation and hope,my belief is that there is NO way on earth he’s coming to Rangers and for that reason I’ll not allow myself to get even to the stage of hope with this .

It’s dead in the water far as I’m concerned

I think it’s all speculation and hope,my belief is that there is NO way on earth he’s coming to Rangers and for that reason I’ll not allow myself to get even to the stage of hope with this .

If Liverpool intend to add a striker in the window then he’s going somewhere for sure.
Derby County or Leeds Utd for a vanilla end of season or Ibrox for a title run and 55. Gerrard hast their ear so.....?

Is the current formation giving us goals? No - so Solanke starts.

We need to change things and that needs to be via personnel or tactics. Solanke can play across the front 3 and as a number 10, it's fair to say we can find a spot for him to fit in.

I hear you. The moment a Palace or Brighton makes an offer we can forget it.

Back