Does the summer rebuild feel a little easier now?

It definitely has made it easier, in the summer we still need to bring in a no1 gk, centre back, centre mid, striker and right forward in the Sakala/roofe style basically a striker who is comfortable at that right forward role.

I’ve a feeling that kent and jack will sign new deals but everyone else out of contract will go. In reality we’re not actually losing much apart from the dead wood in the squad, also morelos will go. On top of that McLaughlin will leave, matondo will go out on loan, Kamara may also possibly leave.

It was last summer and its shocking that its still gonna be the case this summer too.
Absolutely devoid of any context.

Completely ignores the fact the we came from the grubber to win 55.
In ideal circumstances we would have kicked on from 55 and started strengthening.
Financial circumstances not necessarily lack of resolve from the board meant we were unable to do that at that time.
This season we have replaced 7 players in the summer and another 2 in this window and it seems as a priority this summer we will definitely look at at acquiring a new GK Centre Half and striker and the future of Kent and Morelos will be sorted.
Think of it a kick in the ar*e off 50% of the squad replaced in one season.
Incredible turnover.
So your shock seems out of kilter with reality!

Goalie
Right back(proper one to challenge Tav or take it off him)
Centre Half
Midfielder
Striker

Goalkeeper, Centre Half and Striker all required and that's before anyone leaves. Add to that the attempt to get Whittaker which suggests a RW will also be targeted.

If Kent and or Morelos go they will also need replaced.

We probably all remember the endless speculation last summer about the lad Danilho Doekhi, and I can't help but think he was the player that Ross Wilson alluded to at the AGM when he said we had been close to signing a Dutch player during Gio's tenure.

He went to Union Berlin who now sit in second place in the Bundesliga and he's having a tremendous season, chipping in with several goals already despite being a central defender. While we might have tried to tempt him with the prospect of Champions League football, there's every likelihood that he'll get that with his present club, assuming he doesn't move on to one of the top European teams. Definitely a player who would have added some strength and steel to our defence, it's a great shame we missed out on him.

Yes, gutted at that one.

Could have been very significant in those CL matches.

We’ve made progress in this window, and I’m optimistic about Raskin, particularly, and Cantwell.

Hopefully the coming months see us extending Kent & signing Tillman.

Quite a number who’s contracts are up, and I think we should release :

McGregor
McLaughlin
Davis
Arfield
Sands
Morelos
Helander

Additionally, if we get reasonable bids, I’d release :

Borna
Roofe
Wright
Kamara
Matondo

I’m fine with taking maybe 3 of these not being replaced to cover fees necessary where we don’t get OOC players for replacements.

We need a GK & also backup if McLaughlin goes.
We need Alfie replaced plus another striker, one of whom an Alfie prototype.
We need a Kamara replacement if he goes, preferably a player who is mobile & strong.
If Borna goes, then 100% replace him. Yilmaz is a technical player, so I’d like an athletic pacy alternative, maybe a ‘development’ option like Bassey was.
Finally, a Left CD who is taller, quicker & more athletic than Davies, who’s doing fine, but I’d prefer that athletic option in there who is also aerially better.

Not much to ask it seems.

We need a new right back.

If we are looking at players who have been very promising but lost their way, like Cantwell, I'd look at Maitland-Niles.

Not getting games at Southampton (may change with the new manager), not wanted at Arsenal, no takers for a permanent move in the summer, Arsenal reportedly looking to terminate his contract.

Tavernier has lost his main strength, which was his engine.

We need a starting right back, a left back depending on Ridvan, a starting cb, at least 2 fast forwards/wingers and probably 2 strikers.

Back