Dominic Solanke

Liverpool must've gotten 35-40 million for Solanke and Ibe from Bournemouth and both will probably be on 40k+ a week. It's why I'm not too fond of taking Liverpool players on loan, they are masters at getting large fees for young players. So even if the loan works out and we massively improve a players development, we then have to shell out a ridiculous fee for the player. I'm a massive fan of Kent but we overpaid by atleast a couple of million, 4/5 million would've been his fee from anywhere else.

To be fair to anyone on here who was praising him (and I wasn't one of them) one of the better managers in that league was willing to shell out £19m for him so it's difficult to criticise too much.
Nothing screams great manager like finishing in the bottom half the last 2 years going and 2 points out of the relegation spots this year. Eddie Howe is a below average manager who's record of buying players is horrible. The fact that he spunked 19 million on Solanke should tell you he has no idea how to spot a player who will perform well in his system

Liverpool must've gotten 35-40 million for Solanke and Ibe from Bournemouth and both will probably be on 40k+ a week. It's why I'm not too fond of taking Liverpool players on loan, they are masters at getting large fees for young players. So even if the loan works out and we massively improve a players development, we then have to shell out a ridiculous fee for the player. I'm a massive fan of Kent but we overpaid by atleast a couple of million, 4/5 million would've been his fee from anywhere else.

Liverpool never got what they actually wanted for Kent

What a waste of money for Bournemouth . Yes they have it to waste but that’s a disaster of a player .

Drawn in like many by him having a fancy dan sounding name , instead of looking at what they are actually getting .
i agree. if he was called dave brown he would be so much better.

Back