Dominic Solanke

£19 million transfer fee and not a single goal in 26 games for Bournemouth. Says it all abour transfer fees in that league.

Can turn this around and say it says alot about the previous FF love in with this guy. Granted a far better league than ours but that in no way means "he would score for fun up here" as many posters say as soon as we are linked with almost any striker south of the border.

Never understood the fuss about the lad. However good on him because I'm sure with that sort of fee it had to be accompanied with a big salary.

Can turn this around and say it says alot about the previous FF love in with this guy. Granted a far better league than ours but that in no way means "he would score for fun up here" as many posters say as soon as we are linked with almost any striker south of the border.

Never understood the fuss about the lad. However good on him because I'm sure with that sort of fee it had to be accompanied with a big salary.
To be fair to anyone on here who was praising him (and I wasn't one of them) one of the better managers in that league was willing to shell out £19m for him so it's difficult to criticise too much.

Approaching 50 league games and has 1 league goal to show for it. Granted not all were starts but has any top level striker started his career so poorly?

If he scores today I'm gonna start a thread about Morelos not scoring against the scum and see if it has the same effect :D

Solanke has always been over rated and Defoe would have scored more than him with the same game time for Bournemouth. EPL transfer fees and wages are a total joke for players with zero actual evidence or experience of delivering the goods.

The lad obviously had talent in the youth teams but should have went out and played competitive football on loan at the very least.

I mind listening to Eddie Howe doing a talk a couple of years ago, and he said dealing with transfers into the club was the thing he hated most about his job.

He said it was a minefield finding the right player, competing with other clubs and yet knowing he will always have to pay over the odds in the English market.

And then he had to go and pay that for Solanke!

Watching the game v brighton just now. He is rank rotten to tell you the truth. The money that passes hands in england for average players is obscene to say the least.

Remember when we were linked with him and people on here were saying he’d destroy this league and be a better signing than Dembele
Truly awful player with nothing about him

I genuinely thought he was going to be something else watching him at the youth World Cup for England, just shows it’s hard to judge how players will get on in the senior game by judging him against folk all his own age.

He had a great under 20s World Cup.

We’ve seen many a player who have 1 great tournament and that’s their whack.

What a waste of money for Bournemouth . Yes they have it to waste but that’s a disaster of a player .

Drawn in like many by him having a fancy dan sounding name , instead of looking at what they are actually getting .

A lot of revisionism from people in this thread, speaking as if they had the foresight to know that he’d flop at Bournemouth. Don’t remember one post at the time suggesting he would be as bad as he has been.

His record had been good in reserve and youth football, people had decent reason to think he’d be a worthwhile signing.

Watching him today and he looks out his depth in EPL

How Liverpool talked them into paying £19m is unreal

Thankfully we didn’t get him if he was an actual target

Another trumped up academy "superstar".Will end up a multi-millionaire for doing the square root of fuckall.Every thing that is wrong with the much lauded " greatest league in the world"

Playing for a shit team in a top league means you can hardly judge how he would have done for a top team in a shit league. How many chances to Bournemouth generate per game? How much of the ball?

On top of that, it is hardly a rare occurrence for a player to just not work out for a club.

A lot of revisionism from people in this thread, speaking as if they had the foresight to know that he’d flop at Bournemouth. Don’t remember one post at the time suggesting he would be as bad as he has been.

His record had been good in reserve and youth football, people had decent reason to think he’d be a worthwhile signing.
There were plenty of posts on here from folk who didn't rate him at all saying he wouldn't get in our first 11 etc

I'll hold my hands up and say I thought he would be a good loan signing for us

His record in development sides etc was good and I thought he'd have been an asset

Thankfully him going to Bournemouth for crazy money paved the way for Defoe to come to us

Still gutted we didn't get Harry Wilson on loan kind you

The vast majority were desperate to get him in here. Personally I wasn’t against it but wasn’t fussed either way. But people did seem to assume just because he scored regularly at youth level and was contracted to Liverpool that meant he’d flourish.

When you think of the abuse Ojo gets I dread to imagine how much a player with his reputation would have gotten.

Apparently has a terrible attitude and trains like he is on holiday.
^This,you don’t tear it up at an unders world level without having talent.
Rossiter didn’t fulfill his promise due to injuries but this lad if rumours are true has other ‘issues’.

All the talent in the world doesn’t mean shite if you lack the conviction to utilise it properly.

Liverpool got him on a free too so he was probably on sickening wages even at that point

What a waste of money for Bournemouth . Yes they have it to waste but that’s a disaster of a player .

Drawn in like many by him having a fancy dan sounding name , instead of looking at what they are actually getting .

You think a professional football club were swayed solely by his name?

They'd have been better off in terms of goals and money in the bank if they'd kept Defoe. Thank God they have a nugget in charge of recruitment.

Back