Lawrence Cameo

Would much rather have Hagi playing than Lawrence.

Beale is a muppet.
Hagi can barely get a game for Alaves he wasn't the answer either.

Infact most of our so called number 10's just don't deliver the consistency or the creative output/goals that we need on a regular basis.

I was really excited when we signed him, thought he would be a big player for us. Since his injury, he's offered nothing - gives the ball away regularly, fails to track runners and offers nothing. Needs moved on and wages saved

Baffling performance.

Must have given the ball away ever time he got the ball then would throw a boot out to make a silly, pointless foul.

Total lack of effort as well, could see him drop runners for fun and just refuse to sprint or challenge.

Then he fluffed what was a golden chance. His lack of awareness essentially messed up what should have been a simple goal.

People were saying on here that he was, and I quote, “the best player in the league when fit” however I’ve seen nothing other than another in the long line of average footballers who have come up from England with a bad attitude incapable of winning.

“Um baffult, absolutely baffult”

There’s nothing baffling about a player who’s best days are long behind him physically & technically.

Id rather play him left than Silva to be honest, at least he is capable of a shot at goal. What does Silva bring to the table?
Both poor, and I would add McCausland to that. We have too many players who make no impact on any game, and those three make no impact that is at all evident, with no real final ball.

I think he has some potential in that he’s capable of having a shot around the box, but he, like Dowell, doesn’t track runners when it breaks down. Could be a lack of full match fitness but not very reassuring.

Can’t really take to him at all.

Seems a bit of a nothing player now.

He’ll be on mega money as well.

Tbh, not sure Cantwell is the answer at 10’either. For the hype and the money, both of those guys should be running the show against most teams. Flatter to deceive 80% of the time.
Lawrence deserves criticism but there were folks questioning the substitution of Cantwell who was anonymous once again.

Cantwell also has lots of the same traits that Lawrence has. Neither are the answer to our issues in the number 10 role.

A lazier player you would be pushed to find. Offers absolutely nothing.

He’s taken the piss out the fans by turning out these performances and expecting a round of applause at the end . He should apologise to the fans for his apathy and total lack of effort in games.

I thought he was a good player but I think its many injuries and confidence looks totally shot.

Actually reminded me of Namouchi when hos confidence went to an all time low and nothing comes off yesterday.

Thought this guy was gonna be a star for us

He just seems utterly devoid of fitness and confidence

Looks like he doesn't want to be here

Thought we had been linked to a new foreign player I hadn't heard of with the thread title :) anyway he is not of the req standard we need.

He seems incapable of passing to a Rangers player right now...no matter how simple the pass. Had Gogic not made that incredible clearance yesterday then his goal would have been decent tbf.

Thought this guy was gonna be a star for us

He just seems utterly devoid of fitness and confidence

Looks like he doesn't want to be here

I reckon he just doesn't have the mind set to play for us and have that ability required to turn up every week and wins games.

Now we have a manager that isn't taking no for an answer and he is probably having to force himself to do more and he simply can't.

He's a player who's first half dozen games for us had us all thinking we've got a player here but sadly I think injuries have finished him

The only player I've seen more undeserved hype over was Ben Davies. Funnily enough both arrived in the same window and both haven't kicked their own arse in nearly two years.

He doesn’t really want to be here does he? That what it looks like anyway. Strange thing is if you go back a couple of months he was another player being lauded by many, especially after that winner at Rugby Park, but has now become a villain.

The saddest indictment of our current squad is that there’s only about 2 players I’d be sad to see leave, the rest leaving would give me more of a feeling of relief than sadness.

Another example of the ignorance & arrogance of Wilson (likewise Beale) thinking these players would stroll Scottish football

Who’s buying him in the Summer, though?

He's got 'moved to Derby for an undisclosed fee' written all over him this summer, imo.

With guys like Lawrence, Dowell and Davies, we're going to have to just take the hit on them and hope we make up the fees elsewhere or in the future, with players who actually have some value outside the UK. Not ideal, but we've only got ourselves to blame for it.

I knew at some point the opinion would sway on him. For whatever reason he was a massive favourite on here, couldn't understand it.

Technically he's terrible and his passing has always been brutal.

Be happy to see him punted, along with many, in the summer.

He started really well for us and even when he came back from injury recently looked like he could be very useful, however the last few games he’s been awful. Maybe it’s fitness but he struggles to do the basics. As others have said, I expect he’ll be offski come the summer.

He’s came back into the Team at such a critical part of our season, with managers trust and all our hopes and expectations, He has been a huge disappointment, offered little to nothing, constantly lost the ball (a number of times in dangerous situations leading to counter attacks), half arsed on tracking back, can see him picking up form when all is lost and get fans bigging him up for next season.
Also forgot how long he has been here and still shown above little to nothing overall.

He got better the longer he was injured and now can't live up to that expectation.

He's also lost form at the worst possible time like most of our squad.

We always seem to struggle getting players back from injury. This season alone we've seen poor form or delayed recovery from Dessers, Lawrence, Yilmaz and Raskin.

I don't know the answer, but fitness may end up costing us this league.

For those complimenting Gogic for clearing the ball yesterday, Lawrence made it easy by not actually looking up at any point.

Mediocre player I couldn’t understand the excitement when he joined. He looked okay prior injury but nothing special. Then he suffered the same fate that happens to us in that a player suddenly becomes Messi the longer they are out the picture!.

Another English championship level player moving north and providing Scottish championship level performances.

When will the club realise expensive loans don't work, injury prone players don't work, and scouring the English championships for ordinary pros don't work.

Get the transfer policy overhauled please.
Out of interest, who are the others?

Played some cracking games for us this season despite his injury problems.Really hope for some good performances in our last 4 games and hopefully some positive backing gives him the confidence to drive us on.

I rated Lawrence but since he has came back from his last injury it looks like his legs have gone completely. Can no longer do any of the basics and is just a complete empty jersey. IMO the number 10 position is more a priority than striker for me in the summer, and if we only had the money to sign one quality player, I’d be spending it there (not saying that we have no money)

Back