Don’t take it too hard

mustn’t grumble

Official Ticketer
It was over 30 seconds into the last OF at Ibrox, folks.

This legacy squad needs a massive overhaul, the return of injured players and new signings as 1st choices in a number of positions. It needs a proper preseason this summer and full support for the manager next year.

Today was the last of the league letdowns we’re used to, I’m sure of it. We’ll be cheering on a very different Rangers next season.*

*I hope.

This legacy squad needs a massive overhaul, the return of injured players and new signings as 1st choices in a number of positions. It needs a proper preseason this summer and full support for the manager next year.

Today was the last of the league letdowns we’re used to, I’m sure of it. We’ll be cheering on a very different Rangers next season.*

*I hope.
I do hope. I’m struggling to see who we keep other than Butland and Sterling. If only budget allows for the old guard clear out.

Had no faith today sadly and turned out as expected

Gut this squad in the summer and let’s see how we go in August

*I hope.
Not having a go at all op, its just sickening how many times in recent seasons we as a support find ourselves resigned to this thinking

I’m normally in a defiant mood after an OF defeat, particularly after a marginal defeat. But I can’t shake the feeling we handed it to them on a plate after an OG and Red Card. I can’t help to think that had JL not been sent off, we couldn’t win that today. I’m very disappointed today folks.

It was hardly over in 30 seconds at Ibrox.

Dessers equalised in the second half and it got ruled out for some “foul” by Lawrence.

A week or so later watching Arsenal v Chelsea I saw more physical contact by an Arsenal player that the referee and VAR choose not to overrule.

But I agree with the general sentiment - it felt as if the league was gone before today in our hearts.

They have the bigger budget, they have the referees in their pocket. It’s difficult for us in these circumstances

We lost it when we couldn't beat them without their best player on two different occasions. Beale deserves the blame really.

Too often we shoot ourselves in the foot in the big games.

Too many players are far too comfortable at Rangers being second best. It has to stop.

Gerrard brought the standards up and we put them to the sword, and now they're slipping back to the bad days.

The papeish unwashed are now just one league title behind us.

Next season is as big as stopping the ten.

The passengers we carry in the side need to get put off the bus and let the proper footballers play for Rangers.

Too often we shoot ourselves in the foot in the big games.

Too many players are far too comfortable at Rangers being second best. It has to stop.

Gerrard brought the standards up and we put them to the sword, and now they're slipping back to the bad days.

The papeish unwashed are now just one league title behind us.

Next season is as big as stopping the ten.

The passengers we carry in the side need to get put off the bus and let the proper footballers play for Rangers.
Revisionist at best.

Gerrard won a single trophy. He improved standards no doubt, but how many trophies did they win when Gerrard was the manager.

The real issue is as the OP says; legacy players who accept second best.

Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Lundstram. They also happen to be part of the “leadership group”.

Other than the OOC players and Butland it’s going to be a tough ask moving anyone on this summer.

Our squad is absolutely bloated with overpaid injury prone players who get way more at Rangers than any other club would dream of paying them.

*I hope.
Our pre season better see our players as the fittest squad in Europe. This season has been disgraceful in terms of fitness.

I’m unbothered tbh. Even if we won today we would still of lost the title. Hopefully we win the cup and a “rebuild” in the summer.

I'm not. We never thought we'd be here in October.

Some forget the impact of losing Sima for long periods. Also the manager hasn't once yet been able to play Danilo.

I'm not. We never thought we'd be here in October.

Some forget the impact of losing Sima for long periods. Also the manager hasn't once yet been able to play Danilo.
He did play Danilo, he got injured again when Clement was in charge. Remember he was back with the mask for a bit.

Agreed though, despite the squad being not good enough overall we lost key players at key times. Sima to Afcon and then ultimately injured in the tournament, Cortes in a weird injury due to a terrible pitch and he started well, Yilmaz was a late call up to the Turkey squad, picks up an injury for them. It didn't help at all.

Looking forward to the required surgery being conducted and I'm trying to remain positive we'll get that right. Nils Koppen looks to have an eye for a player from the early impressions.

Still hoping we can secure a cup double and build from there.

Your right mate. Totally forgot that.

I think we will be fine with PC in time.

Still hurts of course.
He did play Danilo, he got injured again when Clement was in charge. Remember he was back with the mask for a bit.

Agreed though, despite the squad being not good enough overall we lost key players at key times. Sima to Afcon and then ultimately injured in the tournament, Cortes in a weird injury due to a terrible pitch and he started well, Yilmaz was a late call up to the Turkey squad, picks up an injury for them. It didn't help at all.

Looking forward to the required surgery being conducted and I'm trying to remain positive we'll get that right. Nils Koppen looks to have an eye for a player from the early impressions.

Still hoping we can secure a cup double and build from there.

*I hope.
Chances Tav, Goldson and Dessers will still be around

*I hope.
My feelings are that we lost the league back when Beale was in charge, Clement has came in and managed to get us into a great position. Actually done really well that a lot of our fans are gutted and rightly so that we haven’t won the league.

If key players hadn’t got injuries at key times I think we would have been celebrating the league this year, that for me is some turn around.

A lot of the old players will be gone, from the signings made by Clement I think we will see energy and pace in the team which will be a massive difference.

Cup final is still to play for, two out of three cups is a good enough start considering what he inherited.

I made peace with it weeks ago. We somehow got ourselves in with a chance but ultimately we aren't good enough. Barely a 6/10 performance since we beat hearts in feb

It's weird. I went in to yesterday with no nerves as I had no hope, was ready to just say this is gonna be a loss and that's it. Over with.

Yet, I've not been so angry after a game in a long long time.

I've never ever rated or liked Lundstram as a player, and always felt he has another cost us everything moment but yesterday was so ridiculous and farcical I can't believe it.

Silva helping one of them with cramp pushed me over the edge. Proper seething stuff.

Cannot wait to get a clear out, and from that starting 11 if it's only Diomande, Sterling and Butland that ever play for us again - I'd be delighted.

Cannot wait to get a clear out, and from that starting 11 if it's only Diomande, Sterling and Butland that ever play for us again - I'd be delighted.
First summer transfer window ever where our success will be measured by how many we get out rather than bring in

Back