Doncaster confirms rebate to be paid to Sky

Will sky have the rights to all matches if we are buying from them or are Rangers selling us the virtual tickets? If we only get a % Id think rtv/vpn is the way to go.

The rebate is £1.5m, the total cost will be close to £10m. As well as the rebate, Sky are getting the sponsorship rights, which is the extra £4m that Sky would have been due. That is revenue that is no longer available to the SPFL. I don't see why BT won't be coming for their full rebate.
Doncaster is on record as saying there would be no liabilities for ending the season early by calling the leagues. That's not true.

1000 virtual season tickets to break even, assuming all of their normal actual season tickets are shifted too. That’s dreamland stuff for their chairmen, they’ll be lucky to shift a couple of thousand virtual ones with no real season tickets sold IMO. Especially with their home games against us & them on Sky subscribtion already.
Exactly. If the season wasn’t called then these virtual tickets would be profit for clubs, not covering last seasons deficit.

I can’t understand how clubs are still backing this shambles.

The rebate is £1.5m. The clubs will make a lot more than that selling virtual season tickets.
I believe they can only “sell“ them to season ticket holders for home matches and like us they will be giving them for free as they’ve already stung them for a season ticket. No club in the land is going to double dunt a season ticket holder, they’d get told to ram it

So basically there’s zero benefit to clubs

Ehhh it’s a lot more than that and no they wont. BT will go for the full amount.
Especially after Doncaster slagging bt off saying they weren't interested in scottish football ect I hope they go for the full 6 million there due

£300,000 per season for 5 seasons if the £1.5mil over 5 years is accurate.

Not exactly the £10million we were warned about.

If the new deal allows clubs to stream games not covered by Sky Sports then you're essentially looking at virtual season tickets for most SPFL top flight clubs. Will Sky start demanding Rangers and Celtic home games? If so then the virtual season ticket would be for a reduced number of home games as it could only cover the games Sky don't broadcast.

Thats going to be of far bigger concern to clubs. Scottish football is reliant on ticket income. How do Rangers make sure that we can bring in enough money through the sale of virtual season tickets? Are fans going to pay full price for a reduced number of home games, if Sky start to demand more Ibrox games for broadcast, and for a virtual season ticket rather than attending games in person?
Where are you getting £1.5m from? The whole tv deal is worth about £18m a season. Sky have missed over a dozen games including 2 old firms and all the playoffs and you think they’ve settled for £1.5m total compensation?

£1.5m per year for five years would equate much closer to the £8m speculated.

The press reports are vague, but I'd be willing to bet that "BBC understands" is really "The SPFL have leaked to the BBC".

So probably £300k a year for 5 years, recovered from the improved TV deal that is due to start in the new season.
In a tv deal worth 18 million pounds a season a broadcaster is going to miss 50% of its old firm games, every playoff game and settle for £1.5m?

Explain this to me, given old firm games alone are worth at least half of the £18m, explain the £1.5m figure?

Back