Doncaster now warning of dire consequences of no reconstruction

How does League reconstruction fix the problem of provincial teams not being able to afford to run with no crowds

He is just so weak and clearly doesnt know what to do unless told so we really need to get rid for anything to get better for us and scottish football as a whole.

He is stealing a wage that scottish football simply cant afford to pay him.

We are about to see more”robust conversations” from SPFL members to attempt to push through reconstruction. This was never an option until Dundee were required to change their vote. Doncaster is to blame for this farce, and he should have been looking after the interests of all 42 clubs, not 1. The titles have been awarded to the teams leading, and clubs relegated, as agreed during the vote. These same clubs had the opportunity of a free public enquiry to address any issues arising from said vote, but was not wanted. Doncaster is again using threats to force member clubs to do as he wants. I hope our club will raise this issue before any vote.

It's all starting to play out now.

I posted just after Dundee changed their vote that Nelms was told a 16 team SPFL was very much an option for next season, given the unusual circumstances and uncertainty.

If they cannot get enough teams to run the Championship next season, look out for a 16 team Premiership being next to be suggested, where teams play each other twice, then split into 4 mini-leagues of 4 = 36 games. They are crazy enough to try it.

She also suggests a redistribution of prize money currently available for teams 1 to 12 so that teams 13 and 14 get a larger share. So all Premiership clubs (or 90% of them) need to vote for them to have less money and approx half of them to have one less home fixture against the Old Firm.

It's the only way to save them - give them less money :))

Given that Hibs voted in favour of the SPFL resolution costing themselves 6th place and £130,000 in prize money it wouldn't be a huge stretch of the imagination to think that these turkeys will vote for Christmas yet again. Then we had the reduction of prize money for teams from 2nd to 6th when the SPFL was formed.

ThIs is the only league in the world where clubs actually vote to reduce prize money for themselves?

No wonder the English laugh at Scottish football.

Admittedly I haven't read Budge's proposal, but how would league reconstruction help the teams that say they can't afford to play games behind closed doors?

It's all starting to play out now.

I posted just after Dundee changed their vote that Nelms was told a 16 team SPFL was very much an option for next season, given the unusual circumstances and uncertainty.

If they cannot get enough teams to run the Championship next season, look out for a 16 team Premiership being next to be suggested, where teams play each other twice, then split into 4 mini-leagues of 4 = 36 games. They are crazy enough to try it.
100% Budge has been too calm over the last few weeks while hearts fans trust started kicking off. But even Deans has gone quiet on legal action. It’s as if he has been told it’s ok uncle Pete is having the league restructured to keep us up.

If the bottom 30 teams can’t afford to play behind closed doors in August, how can the bottom 28 teams afford to play behind closed doors if reconstruction is successful?

Unless there is a substantial redistribution of prize money it’s hard to see how it works.

Perhaps an unpalatable option, however for the protection of clubs it may be necessary to mothball the lower leagues until feasible to resume. The league could look at a system to assist clubs with any loans taken out pre-March 2020 to help lower running costs. Prize money (despite no or vastly reduced nr of games) could be split equally amongst clubs in these divisions to further help their cashflow.

Forcing lower league clubs to play BCD in August would appear to be throwing lambs to the wolves and unnecessarily so.

Could we get another Dundee situation clubs vote no then their votes get lost and they all of a sudden they vote yes. If their where people sticking up for Scottish football after all this shite they'll definitely be calling it the Mickey mouse leagues

Is this the way forward . The corrupt four call the shots and everybody else gets bullied into voting their way. Wouldn’t it be easier to say that we are having a ballot to remove the voting rights of all clubs and if you don’t agree then their will be consequences.

Then the C4 can just do as they please without wasting everybody’s time on those constant rigged votes.

They had their chance to clear out the swamp now because Hearts are going to court it’s vote for reconstruction or else
Then we will have to listen to the line of It’s a Democratic vote the clubs voted for it
There’s more Democracy in North Korea

Why could they not follow the Belgian plan and distribute the majority of this season's Champions League money amongst all the club's to ensure their survival?

They’ll take the money from first place (or top 2) and CeItic will vote for it, nothing surer.
Last time there was a redistribution they took all the money to be reallocated from 2nd place prize money and distributed between clubs 3 to 12.

Thus ensuring a greater differential between first and second. Celtic would be unlikely to vote for anything that closed that gap. If there is no relegation then there would be no parachute payments next season so I would expect them to propose an amendment that allows for that money to be allocated to enhance positions 13 and 14 and the percentage payments remain unaffected.

Once it returns to a 12 team league in two years time there is no requirement for 13 and 14 to have enhanced payments. So the parachute payments would not be required to subsidise 13 and 14.

What clubs don't realise is that costs and anticipated costs such as parachute payments are deducted off the top line to start with and the final payments are based on the actual amount left in the kitty once all costs have been accounted for. So whether it's a parachute payment or an enhancement for other clubs it all comes out the one pot and reduces the final amount due to every single club. Similar to Doncaster's claim about any club taking legal action costing all clubs - there is only one pot for the money to come from and prize money is based on a percentage of what's left after costs are deducted.

Last edited:
Given that Hibs voted in favour of the SPFL resolution costing themselves 6th place and £130,000 in prize money it wouldn't be a huge stretch of the imagination to think that these turkeys will vote for Christmas yet again. Then we had the reduction of prize money for teams from 2nd to 6th when the SPFL was formed.

ThIs is the only league in the world where clubs actually vote to reduce prize money for themselves?

No wonder the English laugh at Scottish football.
The hibs vote totally baffles me - vote to drop from 6th to 7th and £130k less in prize money. And vote to deprive themselves of the income from two Edinburgh derbies. That makes no sense unless there was something else on offer.

Two weeks ago reconstruction didn’t even get past the talking stage and not a peep from this useful idiot, now today there’s more threats from him to clubs about the dire consequences if reconstruction isn’t now pushed through.
Last throw of the dice by the corrupt cabal to avoid this shambles ending up in court that a blind man could see through, unfortunately the amount of shortsighted Chairman and one stupid woman in this country will once again see them all shyte their pants and vote this farce through.
The silence from our own club since the failed EGM has being disappointing and now it’s plain to see Scottish football’s life support machine is now ready to be switched off if Doncaster and co. are still running the game in the future.

Last edited:
So clubs who have already voted against reconstruction are now expected to vote for it three weeks later?

Uncle Pete better dust off his rousing speech.

hi S,
there is an error in your post, ( no offence ).
There wasn’t a vote, ND very carefully told us that a group of clubs indicated that the prem teams wouldnt vote through reconstruction.
He is very clever, he’s not a daftie, he knows exactly what he is saying.
You always have to listen/read very carefully to what he says.

Two weeks ago reconstruction didn’t even get past the talking stage and not a peep from this useful idiot, now today there’s more threats to clubs about the dire consequences if reconstruction isn’t now pushed through

The media SPFL narrative is now almost identical to when they were demanding that mob be awarded a bogus League title, now it is Hearts that are to be awarded the privilege of not being relegated or dire consequences and extinction for member clubs. The same old gangsterism and intimidation.

The league has needed to be reconstructed for years, 18 team league premier and 14 team 1st Division, the rest can %^*& off. All clubs need to go full time, if not then they cannot play in a Professional League. It fucking irk's me that a part time team has any vote or say so in the future of Scottish Football.

However, onto the other subject bullying(robust conversations) have already been highlighted as an issue. Yet here we have another blatant threat by Doncaster, yet again it is just brushed over as if that is normal.

The game is a boogie up here, Doncaster and McLennan are clearly working on the behalf of one club. We have wee diddy teams who can't afford to be full time getting votes, we have chairmen of the SPFL board getting a vote on whether there should be an independent inquiry against them. Fucking Shambles.

Killed off by a guy they chose not to investigate, quite funny tbf.
You need to get with the program.

This will be forced through and Dungcaster will be cast as the hero of the hour in exceptionally dificult circumstances.

It really is astonishing that people can’t see the farce that’s been unfolding in plain sight over the last few months.

Rangers as a club saw it and decided enough is enough and sought legal advice confirming that their view was indeed correct. For reasons unbeknownst to us all the board decided to disregard that advice and let down fans who had wholeheartedly supported them. A quite bemusing betrayal given the position they had adopted.

The league has needed to be reconstructed for years, 18 team league premier and 14 team 1st Division, the rest can %^*& off. All clubs need to go full time, if not then they cannot play in a Professional League. It fucking irk's me that a part time team has any vote or say so in the future of Scottish Football.

However, onto the other subject bullying(robust conversations) have already been highlighted as an issue. Yet here we have another blatant threat by Doncaster, yet again it is just brushed over as if that is normal.

The game is a boogie up here, Doncaster and McLennan are clearly working on the behalf of one club. We have wee diddy teams who can't afford to be full time getting votes, we have chairmen of the SPFL board getting a vote on whether there should be an independent inquiry against them. Fucking Shambles.
As it stands an 18 team premiership would have arbroath in it who are part time and in a first division of 14 70-75% of that league would still be part-time clubs.

Its actually quite funny that jerk off has become dungcasters goto pet jurno after years of ripping the pish out of the flat topped clown.
He’s actually on film calling for Doncaster’s head and now he’s finishing his career as pig eyed Pete fluff piece writer.
#timothyjacksonboughtandpaidfor

So say there is no reconstructions.

The lower leagues play two rounds of matches, playing each team home and away. Then some are struggling to afford to continue.. What would happen if all of the teams in that league stood shoulder to shoulder with the teams showing hardship and then stop all games.... They can't punish a whole league!

Grow some balls lower teams, your shafted with construction as you won't magically get the money to assist you through this period

Was just about to post that mate.

The way it reads is that lower league teams cannot play next season with 10 teams in their leagues, but if 14 teams are in the league then they will be ok to play?

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but then again, this is Scottish football we are dealing with here.
I could have this wrong but I think the spin they are putting on it is that by having reconstruction you can implement the reduced number of games they are talking about. Without reconstruction they are saying it's a standard 36 game season and they're threatening punishment if clubs could not play all these games.

Why the two are hand in hand and why the SPFL is once again threatening clubs to vote their way or else is what needs answered.

Push the button then Neil. Just fcking do it. About time the game in this country got a proper blank sheet to work from without you and your rabble administering death by a thousand cuts.

You need to get with the program.

This will be forced through and Dungcaster will be cast as the hero of the hour in exceptionally dificult circumstances.

It really is astonishing that people can’t see the farce that’s been unfolding in plain sight over the last few months.

Rangers as a club saw it and decided enough is enough and sought legal advice confirming that their view was indeed correct. For reasons unbeknownst to us all the board decided to disregard that advice and let down fans who had wholeheartedly supported them. A quite bemusing betrayal given the position they had adopted.

I don't have to get with any program, I have seen quite clearly what has been happening and posted about it multiple times. So maybe don't go in a wee hissy fit over a half hearted comment. Also getting legal advice and getting everything in place takes time but because it's not happening right now, Rangers have betrayed us all. Give me a break.

How does League reconstruction fix the problem of provincial teams not being able to afford to run with no crowds
There is nothing that can be done to help everyone. The only slight solution is if you make a top league with more teams and spread the cash a bit more. That keeps more teams playing and more players in contracts. Much less damage to the overall game having less clubs in hibernation. Will suit some teams and others will hate losing any cash. The whole thing is a mess and hopefully change comes after everyone has turned on one another. Don’t see how Doncaster and the others can all survive this tbh

Why does the SPFL board tell everyone what they must do?

Why do they scare everyone with dire consequences if they do not follow the SPFL advice on a vote?

It seems to me that the SPFL tells Scottish clubs what to do or else we will make it very bad for you.

The SPFL board are making the decisions before any discussions are held by all the clubs.
edit spfl to sellic and u have it in one

A governing body threatening it's members to agree to every resolution it wants passed out of self interest.

They took no interest in reconstruction talks the other week when they didn't think it would have any impact on them. Now that it could lead to court action, they are getting involved and rolling out the 'dire consequences' threat again.

Absolute mess and if it wasn't so serious it would be comical because it's now becoming a farce and what are the SFA doing they're supposed to be the governing body and I think it's high time for the SPFL to be scrapped. They're supposed to have the good of the game at heart and there's too much vested interest for the game to prosper. As some have said,they had the chance to vote for real change and didn't,I sometimes think some of these chairmen of lower league teams wish they were on the Celtic board or most have been coerced.

More corruption is on its way to keep that shitty little club from Edinburgh in the top flight. Its coming down the track again to bully and harass member clubs to keep Hearts up, just like they threatened clubs that they'd receive no money unless they handed over the League title to Cesspit FC.

Exactly this BP

Raith Rovers let the cat out of the bag with their statement a number of weeks ago that the plan from the SPFL was to vote the corrupt resolution through first and then talks on reconstruction. It was always on the agenda they just had to hand the filth the league first.

Under normal circumstances Sky & the Premier clubs would boot it into touch as the Premier clubs did a fortnight ago. The fact it's back on the table again now with more Armageddon threats from Doncaster through Klaxon Jackson means you know who is driving it. More robust conversations will be had.

If it happens and I believe it will, then our main Allies have been appeased and we will be left standing like the spare pr*ck at a wedding that would have been the aim in all of this.

Exactly this BP

Raith Rovers let the cat out of the bag with their statement a number of weeks ago that the plan from the SPFL was to vote the corrupt resolution through first and then talks on reconstruction. It was always on the agenda they just had to hand the filth the league first.

Under normal circumstances Sky & the Premier clubs would boot it into touch as the Premier clubs did a fortnight ago. The fact it's back on the table again now with more Armageddon threats from Doncaster through Klaxon Jackson means you know who is driving it. More robust conversations will be had.

If it happens and I believe it will, then our main Allies have been appeased and we will be left standing like the spare pr*ck at a wedding that would have been the aim in all of this.

Doncaster and Hearts will be praised for saving Scottish football with their revolutionary reconstruction proposal, in other words, corruption to keep them in the top flight.

I would have thought that before agreeing to any league sizes the question asked to every team in Scotland should be, can you afford to run a football team without any fans?

If the answer is as expected, a no by every team outwith of the premiership, then maybe you increase the top league for a season so to include more teams and make sure we still have enough full time clubs in Scotland for the next season.

In the lower leagues you can arrange a shorter campaign if and when fans are allowed back. You might find some teams will rather sit out for the whole season so you really need to wait until it is possible to start.

14-14-14 may well be the best way of arranging this but i really don't see how you can jump in with that set up just now.

With regards the FT / PT arguement, I don’t think it matters whether teams are FT or PT.
I remember when we played Malmo years ago, most of not all of their players were PT, or had other jobs. So long as you meet your contractual commitments to your club, why should a Doctor, Dentist, Civil Engineer or the like be barred from playing professional football if they’re good enough.

I haven't read through the thread and I'm sure others will have already said along these lines but i'll say it anyway:

ANY DIRE CONSEQUENCES THAT WILL ARISE ARE THE FAULT OF CERTAIN CROOKS AT THE SP FUCKIN FL FOR PUSHING (FORCING) THROUGH AN END TO SEASON 2019/20 IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

Neil Doncaster, Murdoch MacLennan, Ken Ferguson and Rod Mckenzie - just get to %^*& NOW.

If any version of this goes through, it kicks the can 2 years down the road when teams will be up in arms at the prospect of what 4 or 6 teams being relegated?!? It's a distraction from the real issues and needs resolved asap so we can concentrate on removing Doncaster and the rest of the placemen

Back