Don't buy it, don't share it, don't click it...

Thatcher Loyal

It will be interesting when they release the new figures for the Daily Rhebel. I seen the figures last week for the Herald and the Scotsman and they were horrific .
Up till last month I would have clicked or shared the Rhebel on Twitter but that's now stopped and I'm sure the figures will show a huge drop... Keep it going !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 36
It will be interesting when they release the new figures for the Daily Rhebel. I seen the figures last week for the Herald and the Scotsman and they were horrific .
Up till last month I would have clicked or shared the Rhebel on Twitter but that's now stopped and I'm sure the figures will show a huge drop... Keep it going !
So you would still share links to it up till last month.Were you unaware of what was going on in the previous years?

You were sharing Daily Record stuff on social media and reading it until last month? :eek:

I reckon you stopping doing that will have less of an impact on the figures that you imagine.

I'd like to think they will be feeling it, sadly there will still be bears buying the paper, but bears who are mainly getting their news from online sources will hopefully be staying clear.

One day Scottish football will have content somewhere that isn't

A-Biased Nonsense

Or

B-Inane Drivel

And the rest will finally realise they've written nothing but a big long suicide note for their jobs for 20 years

I'd like to extend this further.

Most tabloids are filth, but i'd certainly add the sun to your list.

A shitey bog roll publication now completely over run with Rangers haters.

Jane Hamilton still working there?

Just to let you know mate, you can edit the title header on this board when you've made an arse of the spelling :D

Not been near it since the start of the boycott apart from an accidental click on a google images search brought me to their site. Raging with myself!

I'd like to think they will be feeling it, sadly there will still be bears buying the paper, but bears who are mainly getting their news from online sources will hopefully be staying clear.

Unfortunately the majority of bears think that saying "ah'm no buyin that rag" is enough and get chuffed when sales figures drop.

However they'll still have a quick look at articles posted on twitter, Facebook etc.

There's prob not a newspaper in the world who's sales figures haven't fallen. It's pretty much all to to with the internet/smartphone/tablet/social media day and age. I'd stop short of taking much comfort of actual paper sales. It doesn't really tell the true story.

Surely someone can post stats regarding online hits? Only then we'd get a true reflection of the 'records fate.

I wish people would stop sniping at people who have just come around. The fact that he won't share any more is down to what we are doing and trying to achieve. Some people may take longer to come round, we shouldn't give them crap for coming around and seeing it the way we do now.

I wish people would stop sniping at people who have just come around. The fact that he won't share any more is down to what we are doing and trying to achieve. Some people may take longer to come round, we shouldn't give them crap for coming around and seeing it the way we do now.

I've never bought the actual newspaper for over 25 years. But id continued to share and click. However, like many others I have just woken up that clicking and sharing actual harms them. Everyday is a school day !

The written press is dying , they scramble around for stories and instead of giving depth and interest the Scottish press just seem to go for the cheap shot and agenda driven codswallop no wonder they are losing readers. I have not lived in Scotland for 34 years but still bought the Record up until Advocaat was boss they were a bunch of stupid , childish , racists writing for them at that time so I stopped buying their crap.

The figures aren't really a big deal these days - it's all about web traffic. The authority and trust scores attributes to the DR site from an SEO perspective are very high - so it ranks for tons of stuff, and that ultimately brings in traffic and with it - revenue.

There needs to be a blanket no go policy for bears on the web properties, that's what hurts them. Circulation is the minority percentage of their revenue model in 2017.

The figures aren't really a big deal these days - it's all about web traffic. The authority and trust scores attributes to the DR site from an SEO perspective are very high - so it ranks for tons of stuff, and that ultimately brings in traffic and with it - revenue.

There needs to be a blanket no go policy for bears on the web properties, that's what hurts them. Circulation is the minority percentage of their revenue model in 2017.

This. It's simply click bait now for ads.

Don't Click

I think Football fans on all sides have just stopped buying them - that leaves them left marketing to old people, which isn't a sustainable source of revenue for obvious reasons.

Times have changed. Why buy that agenda driven rag when there's various other avenues that'll give me the Rangers news I want.

I used to be guilty of clicking occasionally but haven't bought the paper in years. I no longer click either and hope the rag goes to the wall sometime soon.

Don't read or click on any of their shit now. All pape rs are infested with bheggars all over the comments section these days.

It is a terrible newspaper with terrible "journalists". Haven't looked at it for years and very rarely see others reading it in the bus or train.

My granda still buys it even though i tell him its a paper for poets by poets... but think with the older generation its just part and parcel of their day to day. Wouldnt buy any paper in scotland nowadays they are all the same.

Only time i buy papers is to put in wet trainers!!
And its still not the record or sun

The evening times used to be a good paper many years ago, when obituaries for the loyal orders were regularly placed, but now like the record and sun they totally oppose everything loyalist.

Hasn't been the same since they took the tits off page three and employed useless fuds to colour in the back pages. All Glasgow and Edinburgh papers should be binned

;);)
The evening times used to be a good paper many years ago, when obituaries for the loyal orders were regularly placed, but now like the record and sun they totally oppose everything loyalist.
Was good at the same time as the Citizen. ;)Was good for car adverts and supporters bus times.

Back