Dortmund 2 Leverkussen 5

HIHI

Just watched hilites
Dortmund looked vulnerable on a fast break -Kent and Sakala could give them problems with their speed!
That said we can’t play too defensive like at park head!
This tie is not beyond us IMO!

Under Gerrard, I'd have fancied us in the tie albeit as underdogs.

As is I'm now expecting a return to more traditional Rangers European form and for the tie to be all but over after Thursday.

They have World Class players throughout the side, are vastly experienced and very well trained. They score a lot of goals and have an explosive attack.

Even with a loss of form and perhaps one or two fitness concerns it would be a massive shock if they didnt get past us without any real bother.

Rangers should simply retain the belief that its possible and empty the tank as someone used to often say.

Its our biggest game in many, many years so if nothing else we should all enjoy it.

Would say it depends a lot on how serious Dortmund are taking the Europa league if they’re not that bothered and concentrating on the league that will give us a better chance although how serious will we be about getting through do we really want the added games this year and I’m usually right up for going as far as we can but this year I won’t mind going out to concentrate on the league

Just watched hilites
Dortmund looked vulnerable on a fast break -Kent and Sakala could give them problems with their speed!
Google - What does hilites mean?

of highlight

Informal spelling of highlight. ... Informal spelling of highlight. The Board also wish to hilite that the copy of the Sales & Purchase Agreeement is available for inspection. You can hilite the text with your mouse, then right-click to copy it.

As is I'm now expecting a return to more traditional Rangers European form and for the tie to be all but over after Thursday.
Gerrards Rangers in Europe was back to a more traditional European Rangers this season.

Gerrard was outstanding for us in Europe. No doubt about it.

But you could argue he was starting to go stale in that regard. Really poor home performance against Slavia followed by a Malmo horror show. Scraped by against Alashkert, and a poor start to our EL group.

To be fair to GVB, he got off to a stormer with 2 positive results seeing us through.

I wouldn't say our chances over the 2 legs have changed that much due to the manager situation.

Google - What does hilites mean?

of highlight

Informal spelling of highlight. ... Informal spelling of highlight. The Board also wish to hilite that the copy of the Sales & Purchase Agreeement is available for inspection. You can hilite the text with your mouse, then right-click to copy it.
I genuinely thought it was a nickname for Dortmund only OP was aware of.

I watched the game live. Leverkusen were excellent, the boy Wirtz - scored against the scum home and away - is the future.
But…although Dortmund were poor on the night, they’ll have too much for us over the two legs. Can see 2/3 nil for them on Thursday although I hope I’m wrong.

Properly struggling to get myself too up for it tbh. If we were still well ahead in the league I'd have been buzzing, but as it stands I'm looking forward to what's a glamorous tie, but I'm not too bothered about the result at all.

That will likely change come Thursday mind.

It was probably the toughest tie we could have got. Getting through would be a tremendous achievement.
This. Yet morons on the match day thread will want Gio/Goldson/Tav/<insert a n others name here that has a wayward pass> 's head if we don't win each tie by at least 3 goals.

We really need dortmund to be sticking out a 2nd string and we need to have the game of our lives.

I expect we may look to have Ramsey starting these games as he's the only player in the squad on the same level as the Dortmund players

Wouldn't read much into it. Leverkusen are excellent at the moment and German football always throws up high scoring freak results.

Dortmund are still the 2nd best side in Germany & we'd be lucky to take them to extra time. The attacking talent they have is ridiculous.

probably depends on which Dortmund turns up as they've been amazing at points and completely terrible at others this season

if we play similar to the game v them, we are going to get done more likely so I'd at least look to attack them while we can but try to keep the door shut at the back which will be easier said than done. Somebody mentioned it but it also depends on how seriously they are taking the tournament as well, they are 9pts down on Bayern and even at this point the Bundesliga title might be beyond them

Just watched hilites
I agree but hopefully it is. Them having to play Thursday Sunday and us not is what we are looking for.

A 2-0 hard fought away loss and a 1-0 at home with a brilliant atmosphere but ultimately sending us out with our heads held high?

One please

Probably so but it's quite obvious that we had a European confidence like never before.
Of course, last few years we've looked anything but a scottish team in Europe.
This seasons performances though was right back to Scottish like.

I like the first game being away. Go out there and graft to keep is respectable and then we know where we stand when they come back to Ibrox.

I fancy us to beat anyone at Ibrox when on our day.

That's not arrogance, but these things happen in football. Dortmund are the better team, they are likely to beat us, but if we can keep in the fight become the return leg it'll definitely be entertaining.

All I want is for the second leg not to be a dead rubber . We haven’t had as big an opponent in over 10 years and we want the big atmosphere at home

heart says it will be tight but head says we lose by 3 more over two legs. My focus is the league though, its a glamour tie for sure but this league is that important that I find myself struggling to get up for the next two cup games in general! Just want to get back to the top of the league and stay there

Back