Dortmund away (if it happens)

If you’re not staying in Holland and just passing through, you’re exempt from quarantine. You need to state on quarantine declaration from that you’re exempt and have your train ticket that shows you’d be in the country for less than 12 hours.
From the Dutch government website:

Exemptions from mandatory quarantine

Stays of less than 12 hours.

People who will be staying in the Netherlands for less than 12 hours, regardless of the purpose of their stay in the very high-risk area.

Documents required

Quarantine declaration and ticket

Passengers travelling by public transport and other commercial passenger transport must have a ticket showing that they will be staying in the Netherlands for less than 12 hours.
Happy days, we're flying to Amsterdam then getting the train down to Dusseldorf from Schipol. Will make sure we've got our train tickets booked beforehand to prove we're there for less than 12 hours.

Happy days, we're flying to Amsterdam then getting the train down to Dusseldorf from Schipol. Will make sure we've got our train tickets booked beforehand to prove we're there for less than 12 hours.
For the exact part of the website, if you scroll to “Staying in the Netherlands for a short period of time”

Be careful when booking into other countries, I had Holland booked and was getting the train from there, as it stands you need to quarentine in Holland regardless of vaccine status, I'm sure Belgium has similar rules.
I am not sure if it is still the same, I think it will be, but if you have proof you are only travelling through Holland then you do not need to do Quarentine in Holland. If you don't have that proof they will not let you travel in the first place. When I was at Newcastle port they sent a man away who had travelled down from Aberdeen because he could not prove he was travelling to Poland.
Diddy said for proof "You can phone my wife and ask her" As if they were going to do that. :))

tlh7Zdg.png

What is the U.K. classed as by Germany? High-Risk?

If you’re fully vaccinated​

Germany uses a two-tier system of risk categories (virus variant areas and high-risk areas), with distinct rules on entry and quarantine for each tier. See the complete list of designated areas.

The UK is designated as a ‘high-risk area’. You may enter Germany from the UK for any travel purpose if you are fully vaccinated.

If you’re fully vaccinated​

Germany uses a two-tier system of risk categories (virus variant areas and high-risk areas), with distinct rules on entry and quarantine for each tier. See the complete list of designated areas.

The UK is designated as a ‘high-risk area’. You may enter Germany from the UK for any travel purpose if you are fully vaccinated.

This is what is confusing me according to the gov website says that you're fully vaccinated with two jabs whereas the article posted above now saying you need the booster to get into bars and restaurants etc.

Might not have updated yet on gov website

This is what is confusing me according to the gov website says that you're fully vaccinated with two jabs whereas the article posted above now saying you need the booster to get into bars and restaurants etc.

You do need a booster to get in bars and restaurants. I posted this late last week, is that the article you mean?

2 vaccines to get in the country

3 for bars and restaurants

Germans are strict at checking the passports as well I was there in November

So based on this it looks unlikely I guess? Can only hope rules change by time mid February comes.
Be alright for a drink and that as long as you have the booster, crowds looks another thing - they don't even seem to be commenting on when any may be let back in. More Germans with the booster the better basically on that front, that is what they are wanting people to do - sure 41% had it last week.

Be alright for a drink and that as long as you have the booster, crowds looks another thing - they don't even seem to be commenting on when any may be let back in. More Germans with the booster the better basically on that front, that is what they are wanting people to do - sure 41% had it last week.
I'll need to get my booster then, I don't have much hope of getting into the match either tbh.

Now 42.9% with full vaccination. 72% have 2 vaccinations

Here’s one to fry the brains :))

If you’ve not had the booster but you’ve got a CoVid recovery certificate, meaning you were unable to take up the booster because of infection can you access pubs & restaurants ? Also do you need to have had the booster for 14 days for it to be deemed valid in Germany ?

Edit :

Need to provide a negative LFT or PCR even with a recovery certificate, only those who have been boosted can walk in as they please is the answer, been looking for this for days only to go and find the answer straight away when I searched again :rolleyes:

All good, we’re on our way

Last edited:
If you’re not staying in Holland and just passing through, you’re exempt from quarantine. You need to state on quarantine declaration from that you’re exempt and have your train ticket that shows you’d be in the country for less than 12 hours.
From the Dutch government website:

Exemptions from mandatory quarantine

Stays of less than 12 hours.

People who will be staying in the Netherlands for less than 12 hours, regardless of the purpose of their stay in the very high-risk area.

Documents required

Quarantine declaration and ticket

Passengers travelling by public transport and other commercial passenger transport must have a ticket showing that they will be staying in the Netherlands for less than 12 hours.

Thanks For The Info Mate I Will Now Fly From Glasgow To Amsterdam On 14th Feb Then Get Train From Amsterdam Central to Dusseldorf HBF Then Train Back On 18th Feb And Get A Flight To London And Return Back To Glasgow On Sat 19th

Final balance to be paid on 26/01
Waiting game as sons 1st away game at 3rd time of asking

Leverkusen
Brondby (he never got allocated)
Now Dortmund

They've gone from 15k to 750. I just don't see it being anywhere near capacity when we play them or us getting tickets unfortunately.
The whole nation went back to behind closed doors just before Xmas mate, the German Government took away each Bundesland’s power to allow so many fans in (to a max of 15,000) out of their own hands. They now have it back, this is a small positive - some Bundesland’s are sticking with completely behind closed doors, I think only Lower Saxony where Wolfsburg are from who are also letting fans in, that is only 500.

Last edited:
I had tickets booked for Bayern v Leipzig on 5th Feb and I've had an email this morning cancelling them as the restrictions have been extended until 15th Feb

I'm pretty much accepting we won't be getting tickets for this, few of us still travelling over regardless (got holidays to use before April anyway) anyone else still heading over?

Just booked my flights today was waiting for the last remaining restrictions to be lifted for when u come to the uk

Glasgow To Amsterdam Feb 14 Then Train To Dusseldorf
Train To Dortmund On Feb 17
Train To Amsterdam Then Flight To London Feb 18
Flight To Glasgow From London Feb 19

Staying In a&o Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof

my friends have decided not to go i missed out going to vienna acouple of years ago cos they decided not to go wasnt going to miss out on another away trip , hope theres a big meet up in dusseldorf

Last edited:
I'm pretty much accepting we won't be getting tickets for this, few of us still travelling over regardless (got holidays to use before April anyway) anyone else still heading over?
There’s at least 9 of us mate staying in the Leonardo hotel Düsseldorf. Give us a shout if you see a Kelso Loyal flag. Probably train through to Dortmund on the Thursday and either watch the game there or go back to watch in Düsseldorf.

We'll still be heading over regardless provided there's no insane rules fired up at the time of travelling (10-days in German quarantine hotel upon landing from UK etc)

We'll get train through from Dusseldorf to Dortmund and watch it in a boozer if it comes to it.
Doing the same - staying in Hampton by Hilton Düsseldorf on the Wednesday and Friday and the Mercure Dortmund Centre on the Thursday.

There’s at least 9 of us mate staying in the Leonardo hotel Düsseldorf. Give us a shout if you see a Kelso Loyal flag. Probably train through to Dortmund on the Thursday and either watch the game there or go back to watch in Düsseldorf.
Should try get a boozer sorted for it, there seems to be a decent amount still travelling.

There is no point at looking at one part of Germany and reading the rules there, as in Dortmund. Every local council has its own rules. As an example, I went to a DIY centre in my home town today and walked in without problem. I then went to another town DIY centre about 15 miles away that fall in the next county, and I had to show my corona passport to get in. Every county has its own rules.

Last edited:
Back