Dressing Room Split?

The players have already seen off 3 managers so I wouldn’t be surprised if some have spat the dummy at Clement now. That dressing room needs wholesale changes
The players have sussed him out in that they know how he works.

The fear which was driving them before Christmas has all but evaporated.

Only an opinion but I suspect PC had read the riot act and some haven’t taken it well

See I think there’s something like that going on, maybe contract offer not being made at a level a player wants (jl) impacts his performance and that ‘extra mile’ just isn’t there.

It's hard to believe the stuff people come out with.

The players have not 'seen off multiple managers'.

2 managers were relieved of their duties because they weren't good enough. The vast majority of us were in agreement with that at the times of their respective departures.

'Problems with the leadership group' - why does every manager they play for play them in pretty much every game without fail? If there were issues, he'd surely drop them.

Seen and few comments about a dressing room split and or the manager has lost the confidence of the players but nothing concrete.

Certainly Cantwell didn't look happy getting subbed and I thought Raskin looked unhappy at Dowel coming on ahead of him.

What have others seen or heard?
Silva acted like a spoiled bratt when subbed on Sunday yet started yesterday!!

Seen and few comments about a dressing room split and or the manager has lost the confidence of the players but nothing concrete.

Certainly Cantwell didn't look happy getting subbed and I thought Raskin looked unhappy at Dowel coming on ahead of him.

A former football manager told me a winning dressing room is happy, it’s that simple

The players are even more of a disgrace if some sort of dressing room fall out is the reason for these poor performances. They are supposed to be chasing a league title! If that isn’t enough motivation for putting in top effort and top performances they’re in the wrong business. They are all also very well paid so go out and get the job done.

People always try too hard to look for some alternative reason to our shitshows.

The reality is much more simple.

We just have a squad packed full of shite players and bottlers.
If these last two games had been at home the fans would have been getting blamed with the old tosh about Ibrox being a tough crowd to play in front of, it's not the fans, it's not the manager, it's not the previous managers, it's the weak minded imposters that have failed time and time again.

They let him down by getting to s European Final and winning the Scottish Cup, or perhaps you are forgetting that until Goldson got injured we gave Liverpool a game; Van Bronckhorst, ultimately, wasn't good enough when it came to doing it in the League. If players are unhappy it is up to the manager to deal with; maybe playing some of them in their best positions would be a start.
And that’s where they are , on the bench

I'd hope they are all at each other throats after the last couple of matches. What i would give is to have a Barry Ferguson in that changing room.
If we can just check we have them insured for being planted by a teamate then start a free for all might tidy the squad up a little

I had a thread last night that was binned, just letting off a bit of steam, but I genuinely think there must be something else at play, behind the scenes.

We can't go from the well oiled machine, the Kill Zone that the players spoke about, winning a cup, top of the league etc and flying, to losing games and dropping points to the jobber dross.

Something is definitely amiss.
Agreed, it’s like a switch has been flicked after the Motherwell game.

The players have sussed him out in that they know how he works.

The fear which was driving them before Christmas has all but evaporated.
Maybe it is that they now know PC always treats people properly and think that’s weakness . GvB was cut from the same cloth .

Obviously that would only apply to certain individuals .

Others may not see themselves here beyind the window and are therefore primed for dissent .

All conjecture of course based on what happens with footballers they are not very wise and we basically know they blamed Beale last year .

Shame on them if they are taking this attitude.I was on the stadium tour recently and the guy said something that these players should get into there heads.words from the great bill struth "No player is bigger than the football club" They have let down the bears again young and old,it's us the fans tht need to deal with the slaggings,the mocking.

The drop off in form is alarming

Who knows if there is some bad feeling towards the senior leadership team like Tav Goldson Lundstram etc and the other players

Technically those 3 have been very poor last few games when we’ve dropped points

It’s the lack of commitment and willingness to do whatever it takes to win games

Last night they looked to be going through the motions and no urgency or passion

Something doesn’t feel or look right up the drop in performances and results has been clear as day

Can the manager change this before Sunday and the remaining league games ?

Was crazy subbing cantwell, even if he's playing poor, he's a player who can create a bit of magic

Was crazy subbing cantwell, even if he's playing poor, he's a player who can create a bit of magic
He will start on Sunday will he not ?

Thought he wasn’t focussed and holding the ball too long lastnight tbh and Dowell was asked to play one touch where possible . Which he did tho we still didn’t get dangerous that I accept .

I can see why there would be some animosity. The same players that fail to perform are generally given a start still. Players that aren't the worst on the park getting taken off for no real reason. They don't appear to be getting managed well. However, having your group leaders as the biggest problem within the team will surely create an issue.

We have a large group of players who are going out of contract. The negotiations over these deals would have been happening around a month ago when this started.

Has happened before at bigger clubs than us when some aren't happy at no renewal or reduced terms offered and then that spreads throughout the squad. We need to stop letting players run down deals, if someone is leaving then move them on in the January when they have 6 months left.
That's one of the things the Manager said when he came in that the out of contract situations should not have occurred. He knows how that effects a team.

Even if true, when it gets to a 3rd manager they do it to, the manager is not the problem.

Gio was thrown under a bus from them, Beale was a charlatan but that is still no excuse to throw in games like they did at times, and Clement has had them winning, if the demands from Gio and Clement is too much for them, it is on them and reflects on them and not the management this time,
I’ve posted quite a bit over the last few days about Beale. His record over the same number of games that Clement has now had is actually better and he faced Celtic five times in that comparison period. GVB’s is worse than both of them but not at all bad.

But the point is all three have gone the same way after their honeymoon periods. Sure it’s more complex with injuries, inherited players etc but especially Beale and Clement had very successful starts over the first thirty or so games only for the train to come off the track. Beales main issue was that he couldn’t beat Celtic. God knows what’s going on under Clement since March.

Delete your account

Regarding Goldson it's plain to see he is on a downward spiral, it happens to every player. Tav is also slowing down however his goals have kept us in it up until now.
To me it's not a witch-hunt it's merely stating the obvious although I've never rated Lundstrum.
Your not going to be at your best when the so called spine of the team are no great shakes.

I’ve posted quite a bit over the last few days about Beale. His record over the same number of games that Clement has now had is actually better and he faced Celtic five times in that comparison period. GVB’s is worse than both of them but not at all bad.

But the point is all three have gone the same way after their honeymoon periods. Sure it’s more complex with injuries, inherited players etc but especially Beale and Clement had very successful starts over the first thirty or so games only for the train to come off the track. Beales main issue was that he couldn’t beat Celtic. God knows what’s going on under Clement since March.

Beale was lucky, there was no pressure on us post January as the league was essentially gone.

Even then, performances outwith Hibs away were laboured and poor, sure we managed to win games but he had players like Kent and Morelos, although well off form, who were still good enough to get us through.

I don't really see them as comparable, the situation is drastically different, Beale came in and took over a group of players who 6 month previously had got to a European Final and who knew him and his ways he wanted them to play, he also had a couple of players who even with dwindling effort levels had the muscle memory to just see through certain games.

Clement has came in and has a front line that can't score goals, players literally on the floor and already dragged them to 1 trophy and back into a title race.

His time here might not work out, the jury is out on him, and your point is correct in the honeymoon period, it is from the summer will be when he will be truly judged and he will need to do what Gio and Beale couldn't do and that is get rid of the players who he has now seen for a period that are letting us down and bring in quality with a mentality to play for us.

It is a huge summer, but I am far more comfortable with Clement going into that than i was with Beale (I remember posting after the Celtic semi we should have bit the bullet).

There's definitely a lack of unity in the team compared to the early days of Clement's time as manager.

Defence especially, when Clement came in every clearance was met with a high five between each other, now everyone just seems to be playing for themselves and shouting at someone else for their own fvck ups.

Was anyone questioning their mentality when they went to Betis and won, or when we won a trophy or when we stormed to top of the league?
I think anyone who thought that beating Betis and Aberdeen was a sign of change maybe have been a bit stupid

The previous week we had drew a must win to aris at Ibrox.

Aberdeen who are utter shite pushed us all the way

If my memory serves me right, the feeling then was brilliant let’s get to January and reinforce with a number 9 and a centre half

We got silva and diomande ( Cortes as well but injured )

Neither where the type of player needed, which looking back is fucking bonkers

Let’s ask him then

I think anyone who thought that beating Betis and Aberdeen was a sign of change maybe have been a bit stupid

If my memory serves me right, the feeling then was brilliant let’s get to January and reinforce with a number 9 and a centre half

Don’t recall CD being the aim in January plus we have a bit of a strategic problem in that CG is on 37k pw and BD is in abt 30k so our spending in that role is kinda locked in for another two seasons

Which is why I believe BoD / DoF have responsibility for the squad being deficient

Personally I think we needed lefty’s in MF and forward line plus defensively but we only had so much cash and CD wasn’t cited that i recall mate

Tbh, who cares mate. Can you blame him for losing confidence? He's not stupid, he can see right through these players. Many of whom will not be here next year, if we want to progress.

Not really buying that either, we got stronger and stronger, think we won every game in January and February too?

The players can GTF if they're throwing their toys out the pram behind the scenes. They've done absolutely %^*& all to earn that right. If they're unhappy being subbed for example, how about not playing incredibly shite to encourage the Manager to keep you on the pitch? Crazy I know.

It is the same thing with every manager.....it is as if something has been said (probably warranted) whether training/performance or asked to do something different and a certain group has taken the huff.

May just be hypothetical or supposition but no-one cannot deny that there isnt a pattern emerging here.

Refuse to believe this is true.

The spine of this team have downed toold for Gerrard, Gio, Beale and now Clement.

What manager does this lot think they deserve FFS?!

I'd be worried if a player was happy to be subbed (Barisic) but there's something badly wrong at the heart of our playing staff and it's been like this for years.

I don't know if they've fallen out amongst each other or with the manager (I can't see it myself) but it's obvious they cannot deal with the pressure of the business end of the season, and that's a mentality thing.
There’s no smoke without fire, but as per usual folk would rather make shitty, narky replies than face the possibility, however remote, that something is amiss.

I’ve mentioned it another thread, what has happened to the arm on the shoulder and word in the ear of players coming off. Folk on here absolutely loving that, going on about it showing how good Clement’s man management is. It’s stopped.

If people are making stuff up and saying it’s fact, I get people being a little annoyed, but people aren’t stupid. We can see with our own eyes that something has changed, and ultimately it’s the same players who have let several managers down already.

I genuinely can’t wait until these senior “leaders” are gone. A fresh start is needed, badly.

Reactions: ao2
I think the term dressing room split is over used and wheeled out when any team doesnt perform.

IF there is - then its clear, its happened before more than once with more than one manager. Process of elimination is certain people.

IF thats the case they need to go.

I dont think there is a split, like any workplace there will be cliques and groups that hang about together, and any top level footballer should be unhappy at losing or not playing.

What i will say is we climbed a mountain we had no right to climb since October, but to fall back down as we got to the top - inexcusable.

PC needs to change things or he will, perhaps unfairly, be the fall guy next season.

Back