Dressing Room Split?

Not having that mate. Only one team wins any league, that doesn't mean every other dressing room is split
I didn't say that ,every dressing room is different but it's usually a better place if the team is doing well
It just seems lazy to blame the captain for everything

The ‘leadership group’ of the team in unsuccessful seasons past included Tav and Goldson…. and McGregor, Arfield, Davis, Defoe etc….. they all ‘losers’ too? They downed tools? Threw toys out the pram?

It’s football, not fecking Hollyoaks, you utter screeching panic merchants.

Every season when it starts to fall apart, we all think there is a dressing room split, or the manager has lost the dressing room. the fact is that group of players don't have the strength of character needed to win titles.

Every season when it starts to fall apart, we all think there is a dressing room split, or the manager has lost the dressing room. the fact is that group of players don't have the strength of character needed to win titles.
Facts.

There's a core of players who've played through a series of failures, alongside some real shite but also alongside players where they should have done better.

Celtic should have been beat 3-1 at Ibrox but we shipped them two goals. County and Dundee should have been swept aside but the core of this team doesnt have the bollocks to do it.

Don’t recall CD being the aim in January plus we have a bit of a strategic problem in that CG is on 37k pw and BD is in abt 30k so our spending in that role is kinda locked in for another two seasons

Which is why I believe BoD / DoF have responsibility for the squad being deficient

Personally I think we needed lefty’s in MF and forward line plus defensively but we only had so much cash and CD wasn’t cited that i recall mate
The hope was that Davies would move on and we could get someone in on loan who was left sided, at least that was my plan lol

Not really buying that either, we got stronger and stronger, think we won every game in January and February too?
We lost to the beggars, and then had a couple of games before the winter break.

I am not saying this was the boards plan but certainly what most bears I spoke to thought was needed, and let’s face it, it still is only at a much larger scale now

Can we stop calling them a leadership group.
I don’t think PC really uses this either I wonder if it exists as was I was fed up hearing it under our previous managers tbh .

Not sure I agree with the mindset it’s like having an intermediary between the player abd the guy who says what happens so why have it ?

Especially if they aren’t even smart

Any dressing room animosity surely can’t be the manager’s fault at this point.

There’s a group stinking the place out and have seen off multiple managers.
I genuinely despise every single player in that squad except butland Sterling and Ridvan. Never thought I would see the say I proper missed that wee guy

I said when Gio lost his job that senior players like Goldson and Tavernier let him down and it’s the same people who are still playing every week. The manager needs to let them know that he’s going nowhere and if they don’t like it they should

I genuinely despise every single player in that squad except butland Sterling and Ridvan. Never thought I would see the say I proper missed that wee guy
Ross McCausland doesn’t deserve that, for sure, and Diomande, Sima, the guys out injured - even Dessers he just sucks but at least tries.

I hope the manager gets the full support to make the changes he needs in the summer, I also hope he does know what those changes need to be and makes them.

If he doesn't already know what changes to make in the summer (his hands are tied just now obviously) then we have major problems going forward.

I'm sure he does.

No player should be happy at being subbed, and Raskin must be stinking the place out in training if Dowell gets the nod over him

These players could organise a dressing room split if they tried ffs.

Half of them couldn’t punch their way out of a wet paper bag never mind each other.

Well if I was a player on the periphery and never getting a chance when the form of those stopping me playing was gash..,I doubt I'd be very happy. We dont seem to use performance as any sort of meaningful measure.

File 13 for shite like this.

There are going to be heated discussions, voices raised, opinions split between the players - they are fcuking proffesionals.

I would expect nothing nothing less from my management team if they were not performing and we are only moving goods from A to B.

Some players might be tired of watching their good play come to nothing when Sima sticks a great chance over the bar or Goldsons thrupenny bit head sends his header past the post. Others might just know that at least once a game, our defence will lose an easy goal and gradually the morale sinks like a stone until we are seeing what we are seeing now. Players who three months ago were flying are now doubting themselves and their team mates. Clement puts out a team that he thinks will do the job and because he thinks that he has put out his best players to carry out his simple plan he leaves them there. Of course off form and scared players will screw something up and we are 1-0 down and the plan has to be changed. Unfortunately we have to then change players to fit into the new plan and they need time to get up to speed so,time goes by and we struggle.

I don’t think we will beat Hearts nor the papes so, imho roll on next year.

Seen and few comments about a dressing room split and or the manager has lost the confidence of the players but nothing concrete.

Certainly Cantwell didn't look happy getting subbed and I thought Raskin looked unhappy at Dowel coming on ahead of him.

What have others seen or heard?
Or Silva

Seen and few comments about a dressing room split and or the manager has lost the confidence of the players but nothing concrete.

Certainly Cantwell didn't look happy getting subbed and I thought Raskin looked unhappy at Dowel coming on ahead of him.

If it was the Real Madrid squad fair enough……..

They are free to leave if they desire

Dressing rooms that split, in this position in a title race, don't have the mentality to win or be at a club like ours. They never will. Shit like that gets iced while you take care of business first and foremost. Maybe we've got too many puffed up egos in that dressing room, fucking wish they'd play like they did. No manager in the world could turn that mentality around either.

To clarify, I don't think there's been a split. I think fatigue both mental and physical, has hit this team like a train.

I think Lundstram knows he’s not going to be here next year and is dialling it in. He’ll be trying to ensure he remains fit to get another club. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are others in the same boat.

To be fair I would have taken Lawrence off ahead of him.

The drop off in form is alarming

Who knows if there is some bad feeling towards the senior leadership team like Tav Goldson Lundstram etc and the other players

Technically those 3 have been very poor last few games when we’ve dropped points

It’s the lack of commitment and willingness to do whatever it takes to win games

Last night they looked to be going through the motions and no urgency or passion

Something doesn’t feel or look right up the drop in performances and results has been clear as day

Can the manager change this before Sunday and the remaining league games ?
And when you write those observations down like that, you see the pattern repeating.

They did it to Beale, they did it to Gio, I think you saw glimpses of it with Gerrard (although he was as checked-out by that stage).

I am so sick of this set of players deciding that they have the right to chuck the towel in like this.

Players unhappy at being subbed or not first pick? Whatever next. Rangers players should be furious. I’d be too if I thought they weren’t.

I had a thread last night that was binned, just letting off a bit of steam, but I genuinely think there must be something else at play, behind the scenes.

We can't go from the well oiled machine, the Kill Zone that the players spoke about, winning a cup, top of the league etc and flying, to losing games and dropping points to the jobber dross.

Something is definitely amiss.
Yes there is something amiss. The senior players have history of exactly this. They did it to Gio and Beale.

It’s as simple as if you don’t want subbed play to a standard that you will only be subbed to give you a standing ovation near the final whistle

Probably made up pîsh though.

Where has this came from?

Hopefully Clement can rip the team to pieces and show his worth and build a good squad.

Until then, we will see.

But I’d hate if a player was happy to be subbed.

Back