Driving Experience

bouncybabe

I'm struggling to decide what to get my man for his birthday. It's so close to Christmas too.

I was thinking about the sports car driving experience. Has anyone done this before and is it worth the money or over rated?

Thanks.

I'm struggling to decide what to get my man for his birthday. It's so close to Christmas too.

I was thinking about the sports car driving experience. Has anyone done this before and is it worth the money or over rated?

Thanks.
I have a few years back. The sports/super cars are good to drive, but what made the day was the passenger laps in the ariel atom. I've driven/been a passenger at high speeds before - both on track & the road (my job - honest!). The atom is a whole step up from what i'd ever experienced with regards acceleration/braking/manoeuvrability. I'm still unsure to this day if i truly enjoyed it or not. Was sore for days after it!

Another vote for the flying lesson. My sister got me one for my birthday, throughly enjoyed it.

EDIT: Just seen the post above, flying lesson would be like a busmans holiday then. :D

If you book him something along the lines of a supercar experience he will be over the moon just at the fact you've put a bit of thought and effort into that gift. As for the experience itself, great.

He's in the army and does a lot of flying. Good shout though.

Only thing I'm concerned about the sports car experience is if he will even fit inside them with him being 6ft 9. :eek:

Heres the info in an email we got from the Las Vegas speedway

Height and weight restrictions are dependent on build and we want to make sure that our customers know that the interior space of our exotic vehicles are smaller than inside most cars. The roomiest cars are the Porsche's, Audi R8, Nissan GT-R, and Ferrari's more so than Lamborghini's. As long as you feel comfortable in the exotic, we will be happy to accommodate. If you do not feel comfortable in the exotic that you reserve, our staff on track will gladly assist in choosing another exotic. Please keep in mind that it will be subject to availability.

If you book him something along the lines of a supercar experience he will be over the moon just at the fact you've put a bit of thought and effort into that gift. As for the experience itself, great.

That's what I thought. I wanted to do something different with it being close to Christmas too as his birthday is the 2nd December.

He is a huge Man Utd fan and I contacted the club to ask for a signed shirt or something along those lines but they were having none of it. Disappointed.

Heres the info in an email we got from the Las Vegas speedway

I always have to think about his height and weight when planning stuff. Can't go to Alton towers or that because he is too tall for the rides. Can't do go karting either. It's hard to plan stuff.

A shot in a Ferrari will get his juices flowing. I got this opportunity back in the '70s with the workforce from my job at the time all out to watch me, I felt like the king of the castle...I stalled it! :D

That's what I thought. I wanted to do something different with it being close to Christmas too as his birthday is the 2nd December.

He is a huge Man Utd fan and I contacted the club to ask for a signed shirt or something along those lines but they were having none of it. Disappointed.

Sh*te club :D

If he is a Man U man and he doesn't get to many games what about a weekend at Hotel Football at Old Trafford and take in a game :)

https://hotelfootball.com/

Thanks.

Just drive him about. I'm sure it'll feel like a similar experience. :D

Sh*te club :D

If he is a Man U man and he doesn't get to many games what about a weekend at Hotel Football at Old Trafford and take in a game :)

https://hotelfootball.com/

Haha tell me about it. He is English but based in Edinburgh. That's what I was planning too. It's hard for him to get specific weekends off so I'll see when the nearest game is to his birthday.

He is also a boxer. Tried to contact Anthony Joshua' management and they are a nightmare too. I give up! Haha

I did this a few years ago and would definitely recommend. Drove a Ferrari 360, an Aston Martin DB9 and a Nissan GT-R. Then had a few passenger laps in an Ariel Atom. It was a great experience. The Nissan is an absolute beast of a car!

Poor show from Man Utd. Did you explain that it was for his birthday and that he is a fan?
Does he like the Royal family? How about asking the Queen to knit him a scarf?

I've done the supercar driving at Ingliston a couple of times now and really enjoyed it.

Fair bit of sales stuff on the day (buy extra laps, upgrade the cars) but you don't have to do any of that - you can just take the main package without adding anything.

As has already been said, the passenger lap in the Atom is incredible, but not sure someone 6 foot 9 would fit in one.

I've done sports cars, Ferrari and Aston Martin. While it was pretty good, it definitely wasn't worth what the wife paid for it.

Done one a few year back down in England, Drove an V10 Audi R8 and also an Aston martin Db9, it really is outstanding stuff, anyone i've spoken to also hasn't had a bad word to say about these. I would recommend it highly

Got one as a present few years back. 3 laps round a really tight Ingliston circuit in a 911 and F430, then a passenger ride in an Ariel Atom which was mental.

Back