Dudelange v Shkendija Tuesday 30th July playing in Luxembourg National stadium confirmed

rangeral

On uefa's website
https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/matches/#/rd/2001147/2

also from Dudelange

EUROPA LEAGUE - deuxième tour de qualification
23.07.2019 KF Shkëndija (MKD) - F91 Diddeleng à (reste à définir) au City Stadium, Tetovo

30.07.2019 F91 Diddeleng - KF Shkëndija (MKD) à 17h55 au Stade Josy Barthel

So that leaves

25th July
1st August - preferred date

Last edited:
Looks like the tie will be switched then.

Surely that will only happen if Fola Esch go through now? If they go out it looks like we have a clear run at the 1 August date. They are currently 1-2 down from the home leg.

EDIT: And what about Jeunesse Esch - currently 0-0 after first leg I think. Do they play at the National Stadium as well?

Our last match was on the UEFA website bit it wasn't actually confirmed.

Wouldn't read too much into it.

Surely that will only happen if Fola Esch go through now? If they go out it looks like we have a clear run at the 1 August date. They are currently 1-2 down from the home leg.
Yeah you’re right, I read the result the other way and thought they were 2-1 up.

There’s hope for Aug 1 yet!

Our last match was on the UEFA website bit it wasn't actually confirmed.

Wouldn't read too much into it.

Yeah but it confirmed

from Dudelange themselves

EUROPA LEAGUE - deuxième tour de qualification
23.07.2019 KF Shkëndija (MKD) - F91 Diddeleng à (reste à définir) au City Stadium, Tetovo

30.07.2019 F91 Diddeleng - KF Shkëndija (MKD) à 17h55 au Stade Josy Barthel

Great news. It would be typical if Cork went out and won 3-0 now on Thursday :)

EDIT: And what about Jeunesse Esch - currently 0-0 after first leg I think. Do they play at the National Stadium as well?

Play in their own ground also if get through they are due to home next week in the 1st leg

Fola conceded 2 away goals last week. Wouldn’t put it past them turning it round though, and us having to scramble last minute again. Would be typical of these qualifiers so far.

I think the Uefa website also had us as playing St Joseph on the Tuesday but there was still no official announcement, I'd be hanging fire if you can afford to do so.

We will want home advantage first. I really can't see us wanting to be away first imo. Surely we Luxembourg can host games Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night?

We will want home advantage first. I really can't see us wanting to be away first imo.

I've always been of a mind that I prefer the home tie first if we are playing a 'quality' team and the away leg first if its a 'minnow'.

When Progres came to Ibrox last time they got such a lift from keeping the tie alive for the return leg that all the pressure shifted onto us - and we wilted. I've seen it happen before as well. Similarly if we get a decent result away from home in a first leg against 'quality' we would always back ourselves to do well at home.

Of course, to partly disprove my theory, we will all remember the 2008 European run where Walter was perfectly 'happy' to draw games at home 0-0 and then take our chances away from home once we started playing the better teams.:)

We will want home advantage first. I really can't see us wanting to be away first imo. Surely we Luxembourg can host games Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night?

Yes they can

It the stadium issue

National Stadium

Dudelange playing 30th means no game 31st since 1st August since there is one game been played there

Fola Esch v Aberdeen 2016 they played in the National Stadium (not sure if Fola Esch v RoPS would be played there)

Progres v Rangers

How many fucking teams do these minnows get?

At least 4 until 51st place in the coefficient table

Champions
Cup Winners
2nd place
3rd place

countries 52nd-54th 3 places
55th 2 places

Liechtenstein have place 1 place for Cup Winners currently 31st

Folsa Elch kick off at 5 tonight. So hopefully by 7 we can start booking flights safely knowing if it is Progres we play then it will most likely be the Thursday.

Is there a circumstance where we could be playing tomorrow and this coming Tuesday?
Very, very unlikely I would say. We're either playing next Thursday at home, or if worst comes to worst, we're away in Luxembourg next Thursday. Can't see any circumstances that have us playing next Tuesday.

If it's Cork we end up playing will that be on the Tuesday or the Thursday? Is it possible the home tie could be swapped for the away tie?

I'm joking. :)

Is the only game we are now waiting for the progres result tomorrow (and our's of course)?

Either way are there circumstances that could see us reverse our home ties now? I can't think of any.

Well I have taken a chance and booked £600 of flights to Charleroi for a match on Thurs 1st August in Luxembourg

Jesus, I'm playing less than that for flights, travel and accommodation from (staying from Monday to Friday) put together!

I did book a couple of days ago tbf so it may have went up and I didn't notice but still...

Praying we are home next Thursday as have already booked my flights to Glasgow. Fcuking joke that these fixtures are not confirmed until days before the matches.

Jesus, I'm playing less than that for flights, travel and accommodation from (staying from Monday to Friday) put together!

I did book a couple of days ago tbf so it may have went up and I didn't notice but still...

That is for 3. Hire car £65 and Airbnb in Belgium countryside for only £100.

Flights booked for 1st

Edinburgh to Berlin into Luxembourg
Then back from Luxembourg to Manchester and train up the road

Gambles!!!

Praying we are home next Thursday as have already booked my flights to Glasgow. Fcuking joke that these fixtures are not confirmed until days before the matches.

They can't officially confirm the games until QR1 is completed

See tonight Rangers will confirm the home leg as Thursday once the match is completed

Dates will be known by now to the clubs and FAs

Last edited:
They can't officially confirm the games until QR1 is completed

See tonight Rangers will confirm the home leg as Tuesday once the match is completed

Dates will be known by now to the clubs and FAs
Tuesday?

Have had flights booked Edi to Luxembourg return since draw was made banking on us playing there 1st August, fingers crossed it’s going to work out.

Back