Duff and Duffer payments bigger than all the components in England

Its not only MacAskill that wants to know but also each and every one of us Taxpayers in Scotland. Their payment out represents the whole of Scotland being taxed an extra 1P in the pound for a full year and for what.

Imagine being someone who has a botched operating and left paralysed, getting £500K to cover life changing actions and Duff & Phelps / Charles Green getting holed up for a couple of days and getting £6 to £10million................................and there is a queue of others waiting for their payment as well.

What is totally unacceptable is the brush off from the Crown trying to look down on us and tell that it is calculated by X,Y,Z and dismissing it because they think we are thick and unable to understand.

Lastly, not one person has been held accountable for the fiasco, it must be challenged and answers must be provided as a matter of urgency.

None of these payments are by chance or by mistake. This was all part of the plan in my opinion.

The deliberate miss handling of the case all over allowed 2 things to happen. First nobody was convicted. Second all involved could clear there names and get huge payouts as part of the scam. This was also meant to alienate Rangers further in the publics mind.

People who tried to kill Rangers. Compensated to the tune of forty million quid. Wee boys raped at celtic? Disgusting.
It could be argued that they went after them all as they were seen as keeping rangers alive which was not part of the agenda by hmrc and those pulling the strings

This is all HMRC's mess I really don't know what they've accomplished by pursuing the tax case to such a degree? All they will get now is pence in the pound and that number will go down daily with BDO costs.

We were told it was a test case to go after other clubs and companies that was obviously a lie so other than to hurt Rangers I can't see any logic in them not settling with Murray years ago?

Counting the compensation paid out, Whyte's failure to pay PAYE, legal costs and Rangers being down the leagues with a smaller wage bill paying less tax etc this whole mess has probably cost the tax payer near £100m.

I'm astonished as well that Rangers have not called for a public enquiry into this whole mess as it seems to have been carried out with malevolent intent rather than being in the publics best interests.

This is all HMRC's mess I really don't know what they've accomplished by pursuing the tax case to such a degree? All they will get now is pence in the pound and that number will go down daily with BDO costs.

We were told it was a test case to go after other clubs and companies that was obviously a lie so other than to hurt Rangers I can't see any logic in them not settling with Murray years ago?

Counting the compensation paid out, Whyte's failure to pay PAYE, legal costs and Rangers being down the leagues with a smaller wage bill paying less tax etc this whole mess has probably cost the tax payer near £100m.

I'm astonished as well that Rangers have not called for a public enquiry into this whole mess as it seems to have been carried out with malevolent intent rather than being in the publics best interests.
HMRC, likely could have collected the entire tax due on £47m of EBT's had they just wished to collect the tax and NI due but chose to inflate their claim to £73m by adding £50m of penalties and interest, half of which has since been dismissed as not due and the other half still contested by BDO.

Their decision to proceed in the way they did conveniently has never been the subject of any question or scrutiny despite costing taxpayers a sum which all told will likely comfortably exceed £100m and I agree with you there should be a full public enquiry in this entire fiasco, starting right from the actions of HMRC and should include their motivation in their treatment of Rangers compared to other companies.

Once again they try to spin things as if the Rangers are the bad guys. The Rangers never did anything that Governments, Corporations, and individuals have not done in the past and continue to do. They were blinded by hatred and their desire to destroy the Rangers at all costs. And now that cost is sitting with the taxpayer. Pity they don’t gun for the Scottish Government, Police Scotland, the SFA, the Scottish Premier League, and the Crown Prosecution Office with such venom. Instead of looking at football fans singing songs they should be looking at bigoted and twisted individuals wielding and exercising power. Again the public have to pick up the pieces. All wrong.

People who tried to kill Rangers. Compensated to the tune of forty million quid. Wee boys raped at celtic? Disgusting.
The cunts won't even let the CBC scandal be discussed.

There are folk who have lived their whole life in turmoil and worse the are ones who chose not to go on.

How the bastards sleep at night is beyond comprehension.

Then there's the enabler fans who accuse us of point scoring if we want justice for the victims.

I want justice and compensation for the likes of Savilles victims.
Who am I pint scoring against for that?

Maybe to keep their mouths shut!
You’re absolutely right.
The decision to accept the deal of malicious prosecution was to ensure taxpayers footed the bill and not the liability insurance of lawyers.
It’s suited all parties.
The spiv crooks got their massive payday, so did their lawyers and the public purse picked up the damages for the negligence and appalling advice given by so-called professional legal advisers on the state side.
As invariably happens in this type of what is normally a civil legal case, somebody else is picking up the bell.
Usually, the funds are coming out of a trust or foundation owned by either by a very wealthy individual or a pension fund.
The lawyers don’t normally get away with robbing the taxpayer.
Malicious prosecution was a wheeze I haven’t seen for some decades.

Surely somewhere there's a case for damages and loss of earrings worth 9 figures for us
Any rights to damages belong to the oldco and BDO are pursuing those.
I’m sure their lawyers will be poring over the settlements given to the spivs.
There is a chance that every debtor of the oldco will be compensated in full.
I think that is one of the reasons that Dave King wanted to keep the door open of reinstating Oldco because he knows how long cases involving tax authorities can take to resolve.

Back