Dundee away not on tv?

It shouldn’t be ‘tough’ though. You look at the nfl, you can pick your match and watch it. There is no reason that we couldn’t have a similar situation. The demand would be there and we could make revenues far in excess of those we currently receive.

The authorities are useless, constantly devaluing our product and why should we not be allowed to screen games at 3 pm?
That’s completely going off track from my original comment of we don’t have a right to be on tv every away game as the rules stands. I’m not interested having a debate whether the 3pms rule should change or not because it doesn’t really bother me tbh.

As we know Sky have upto 48 games they can picked any game but general it will be us or them pus as few others

Dundee had to be the Saturday in case of been in CL and the chance playing next Tuesday - Sky selections for September were known back in July

While Sky have a number of channels, for Scottish Football it is Sky Sports Football & Main Event but they have fit it around other contracts like the EFL and WSL - PL is a different channel although also broadcast on Main Event

So a mixture of their SPFL contract and scheduling means they are picking and choosing from our and their away games now

Last edited:
Each to their own. I like that some games aren't live on TV. Preserves the match going experience.

When the rule was brought in, it was during a time when mon-fri industries made up a bulk of employment and football on TV was a novelty.

A game being on TV isn’t going to stop me going to a game. It just means that if I am away for work I can’t watch the game legally in the UK. Or the other scenario being that I follow Chelsea. I can’t be in London every week so I am not going to the game anyway but would watch on TV.

Probably hurts football more than anything these days. We are in a situation where we pay the highest prices to watch British football on TV yet actually get the least amount of games made available. USA for example get access to every Premier League game.

It shouldn’t be ‘tough’ though. You look at the nfl, you can pick your match and watch it. There is no reason that we couldn’t have a similar situation. The demand would be there and we could make revenues far in excess of those we currently receive.

The authorities are useless, constantly devaluing our product and why should we not be allowed to screen games at 3 pm?
Please don’t suggest the SPFL is anything remotely like the NFL.

The viewing figures and advertising reach is several orders of magnitude larger, hence why there multiple channels showing every game going.

Do Dee TV not offer a commercial deal to show games?
Yes.

They are showing it on Saturday by the look of it.

We’ve two possible options to see it...three if you’re going along.

As an aside, it would be good if every other thread on here didn’t turn into a fuuckin bun fight.

Why are there so many of us and their away game not on TV?

Every single 1 should be on TV as part of the contract
Because Doncaster thought it was a good idea to go from 60 games to 48 for a couple of extra quid. Also in the rules can only show a team at home 4 times in a season so they've already showed Dundee against Hibs and there next Derby game will more than likely be shown as well.

3 Derby fixtures across the league this season so you know they will all be shown so us and them are going to have less games on TV. We had 3 non TV games last season this weekend will take us to 2 and we are only 6 games in.

Yes.

They are showing it on Saturday by the look of it.

We’ve two possible options to see it...three if you’re going along.

As an aside, it would be good if every other thread on here didn’t turn into a fuuckin bun fight.
Sky have the rights and no team can sell it commercially for pubs

I kinda like the idea of 3 PM awah games not on the telly. It reminds me of being a child in the 90s and listening to the games on the radio with my dad.

Having said that I would never listen to one now. Infact half the time even if an away game is on telly I dont see it as I'm usually out doing something with the kids.

We don’t have a god given to right to have our games on the tele pal.
The purpose of companies televising live football is to make money.We are the biggest draw in audience terms so showing other less supported teams costs the TV companies
Any barrier to this is down to the SPFL/SFA

Rangers TV and VPN for me.

From the comfort of my living room. Why do people say they are travelling “abroad” to watch it. Pish patter :))

Back