Dundee Fans Forum

Never had a problem with Dundee or their fans. Feel sorry for them having to share a street with a shower of unlikeable tramps. Ken eeeh.

once it gets to the game I have no doubt they will act like pricks

Last edited:
Same as above, I don't have a problem with them. Not now Hartely isn't their manager ;)

Never really given them much thought. I'd have assumed them being in the spl with Dundee United in the first division would be enough to keep them going

We hammer them this weekend then after that good luck to Dundee and Neil McCann

Don't mind Dundee support, one of the better sets of fans, wish McCann all the best unless playing us

I remember when Dundee were in serious trouble they were out with buckets collecting cash before a game when we were playing them,a good few years ago now,I saw plenty of bears putting cash in which was great,but you have to wonder if they would have done the same for us

Certainly prefer them to Utd and now they've McCan as manager i hope they do well this season except against us. Tomorrow they'll be singing the usual pish though

After tomorrow, I'm quite happy for Neil McCann to go on a good run until we play them again.

Me too. Never really had a problem with Dundee fans.

One of the lads I've played fives with the past 25 years is a Dundee fan and his old man used to play for Dundee. Never heard a bitter word out the guys mouth about Rangers in all that time

Much prefer them to their city neighbours. I will expect some rivalry and their fans giving us stick, but they don't seem to be obsessed or particularly anti Rangers which is fine by me.
I also like McCann and want him to do well apart from against us.

Don't mind Dundee to be honest. That said, I do hope we well and truly skelp them tomorrow. After than I hope they do well, in particular for Neil McCann - someone I have a shed load of time for. There is no need to have such bitter hatred towards a club that hasn't actually done anything other than beat you several times at football. Too many clubs ruled by hatred rather than support for their own club - refreshing to see some fans just get behind their team and show support for them rather than spending their entire time disliking another club.

Always thought well of the dees, ever since one time in albufera in the mid 90's when I was a bit too loud in the boozer during an Aberdeen v Celtic game and the vermin were looking to sort me out, two old boys who were Dundee fans saved me from a pasting.

FTDABS

Me too. Never really had a problem with Dundee fans.

One of the lads I've played fives with the past 25 years is a Dundee fan and his old man used to play for Dundee. Never heard a bitter word out the guys mouth about Rangers in all that time

Back in the mid 80's I HAD to work in Glenrothes for 3 months. The Fife guys were fine, the Dundee fans were fine, the Dundee Hivs fans were twats about Rangers even back then.

Like every away fan at every game including us.

Absolutely.

We'll get a rendition of your not rangers any more and you let your club die like every other set of fans. I have no problems with any of it - it's what away fans do.

I lived up in Dundee for a bit back in the '90s and their fans hated us from what I remember.

The only team I've not minded/had something other than ambivalence towards in the past has been Dundee. I think it was down to the fact they were a cracking side at one point with a load of exciting players. The likes of Sara and Caballero would be superstars in the current SPL.

Dundee are a team i have never really minded. Especially when you compare with their city rivals.
Once we beat them, i hope McCann can take them on a nice wee run, hopefully gets them up for the poets as well!

Being a born and bred in Dundee I know that Dundee fans are nowhere near as bad as others in Scotland. They do have them I won't deny that but it's fewer than most.

The whole 'us vs them' mentality in football rivalries has probably left Dundee fans having similar views as us.

Dundee Utd are bitter fucks so Dundee are less so. etc.

They mention the Scottish Cup hiding they got in March 2016. I was on their forum in the week leading up to that tie and almost to a man they thought they were coming down to give us a doing. There were confident predictions of 3-0, 4-0 to them. It really stunned them that day.

I've 100% seen the sevco patter on there as well, don't get it twisted every club in Scotland's supporters seem to have an axe to grind with us.

I remember when Dundee were in serious trouble they were out with buckets collecting cash before a game when we were playing them,a good few years ago now,I saw plenty of bears putting cash in which was great,but you have to wonder if they would have done the same for us
Incredibly Motherwell supporters had buckets outside Ibrox when they were in bother. How times change, they are a bitter bunch now

Few Dundee fans I know are all ok, would like to see Neil do well there, always strikes me as a capable man, could be a future Rangers manager.

No real ill feeling towards the Dundee support. Been in the 'Dee' club a couple of times for a beer before we played them and had no hassle at all.

The only gripe I would have about their club is the bloody view from the back of the main stand.

I've 100% seen the sevco patter on there as well, don't get it twisted every club in Scotland's supporters seem to have an axe to grind with us.

The sevco patter really doesn't bother me. They may well have an axe to grind but in my (admittedly limited) experience it's because of our success and stature (like how everyone in England hates Man Utd) rather than because of a bitter bigoted mindset.

Don't mind the Dee, but do want us to skelp them this weekend.

Sat in their end for the away draw last season and to be honest, didn't hear a bad word said beyond what you would expect from any team playing another. Certainly not a side I have any ill will towards.

After tomorrow I would not mind a good run of wins for McCann until the next time we meet

Always liked going to Dens - had a workmates who followed them home/away.

Did in fact buy a brick when they had their financial problems before us - reads "RFC Friend

They will have their fair share of 19th Century Terrorist infiltrators on their board also.

When we were admin I seem to remember a couple of Dundee fans coming on and wishing us well. Nothing like venom pouring out from across the road. As has been said, after tomorrow I hope Dundee go on a wee run. A victory in their cup tie would do nicely as well.

Back