Dundee fined by the spfl

To save anyone clicking it:

"As a result, Dundee were fined £186,000, of which £120,000 is suspended until the end of season 2024/25. The suspended element will be automatically triggered in the event of a further breach of SPFL Rules relating to pitch condition next season."

If the SPFL were serious about this, they’d have given them a transfer embargo until such times as they prove their drainage is capable of handling whatever rainfall gets flung at it. No point in fining them other than to cover the Sky costs.

"As a result, Dundee were fined £186,000, of which £120,000 is suspended until the end of season 2024/25. The suspended element will be automatically triggered in the event of a further breach of SPFL Rules relating to pitch condition next season."
Why wait till next season ? It might rain in Dundee before then.

There should've been 3pt deductions triggered for multiple postponements.

When they get their end of season cheque it will just be 60,000 less. So call it a smaller payment and forget about the fine.

So why do other clubs effectively have to pay the fine from Sky for the postponements that were caused by Dundee not investing in their pitch which caused the games to be postponed ?

Pity several members clubs don’t question why the £120k is suspended

Dundee are looking into legally challenging the fines too

Fucking jokers

If the SPFL were serious about this, they’d have given them a transfer embargo until such times as they prove their drainage is capable of handling whatever rainfall gets flung at it. No point in fining them other than to cover the Sky costs.
Jesus christ

Hilarious.

I wonder if Knewco will turn around to Dundee and say 'We've got this'.

The whole thing reeks.

So basically fined 66k.

Jesus christ
Awesome post. Please enlighten us with your thoughts as to why what I’ve said is so objectionable?
Motherwell and others have spent fortunes on their pitches to get them to a decent standard. Dundee have ignored obvious problems with theirs to invest in the team. They can’t blame outside factors as the surface across the street is pretty much immaculate. The story about the blocked drain in the street outside doesn’t wash for me as Dens is on a hillside. A transfer embargo would focus their boards minds on sorting the issues quickly otherwise they’d potentially be looking at relegation.

Awesome post. Please enlighten us with your thoughts as to why what I’ve said is so objectionable?
Motherwell and others have spent fortunes on their pitches to get them to a decent standard. Dundee have ignored obvious problems with theirs to invest in the team. They can’t blame outside factors as the surface across the street is pretty much immaculate. The story about the blocked drain in the street outside doesn’t wash for me as Dens is on a hillside. A transfer embargo would focus their boards minds on sorting the issues quickly otherwise they’d potentially be looking at relegation.
A transfer embargo? You don’t see whats mental about that?

Fining a club that is broke is daft. A more prompt response with a 6 point deduction leaving them in the bottom 6 would have made far more sense.

But then this is Scotland so being sensible is forbidden

Means Dundee have to spend the money on the pitch, what’s mental about that? Although I can see how you think the SPFL wouldn’t think out of the box like that.
you think a club can legally be put on a transfer embargo because their pitch is shite? Punish their squad strength because their pitch is shite? Not just fine them for every game thats called off? Tell them they are BCD until it’s sorted? No, you can’t buy or sell players. Mental, absolutely batshit mental.

Place is bonkers

Back