Dundee Hibernian breaching Covid rules?

There’s no way the corrupt authorities are giving us a 3-0 win. They’ll make the rules up to suit like they always do.
Provided the Arabs have 13 players to turn out for the game then there’s no need for anybody to award us the game. It won’t happen unless they have further players required to isolate.

Provided the Arabs have 13 players to turn out for the game then there’s no need for anybody to award us the game. It won’t happen unless they have further players required to isolate.

That's where this team photo comes in. If that is as recent as claimed they will probably all have to isolate due to them breaking rules.

What if anyone within 2 meters of a player who is isolating in that photo would need to self isolate?
Surely it would only be those players within 2 metres of someone who’s tested positive rather than within 2 metres of someone isolating because THEY happened to be within 2 metres of an infected person?

They’ve breached the rules and will be fined I’m sure, but so long as they’ve 13 players to turn out the game will go ahead. Same as their game this weekend,

Surely it would only be those players within 2 metres of someone who’s tested positive rather than within 2 metres of someone isolating because THEY happened to be within 2 metres of an infected person?

They’ve breached the rules and will be fined I’m sure, but so long as they’ve 13 players to turn out the game will go ahead. Same as their game this weekend,
No idea. Your way would make more sense I think when I look at it. That said, if the people self isolating are doing so because a single person in their bubble tested positive and they were all at a mass gathering for a photo, I would think they all would have to isolate. Why are the initial 9 self isolating? One of them positive?

Yeah, 3 employees positive. If those 3, or even one of them, is in that picture, they are fucked.

Scotland’s clinical director Jason Leitch has said a photograph showing Dundee United staff and players huddled together is a “clear breach” of government guidelines.

Professor Leitch, Scotland’s most senior public health advisor, said the club must face severe punishment for allowing the group photo to take place.

It was taken just days before the club confirmed three employees had tested positive for Covid-19.

The leaked picture, reported by The Courier earlier today, contains 49 people employed by the club including coaches, players, and other staff.

None are following social distancing guidelines or wearing face masks.

Prof Leitch, who recently said he is “hopeful” fans can return to football stadiums soon, says the image has shocked him.

He said: “This is deeply disappointing and irresponsible.

“We were very surprised to see this photograph, which shows a clear breach of the Covid-19 guidelines agreed between the SPFL and the Scottish Government.

“We would expect this to be taken extremely seriously by the football authorities. This action puts individuals and their families at risk of infection and serious illness.

“We now know that some of the individuals in this photograph have subsequently tested positive for Covid-19. Professional football has considerable privileges – these depend on following the guidance.”

The club are yet to comment on the photo.

You'd have thought.

The rules from the outside look to contradict themselves a lot though. There might be reasons for it but they don't really add up.

Its like the schools. Kids are in bubbles of six or so in their classes (im assuming this is akin to the football bubble?) But if someone tests positive the entire class and teacher have to isolate. What's the point in the smaller bubbles then?

Similarly, when a kid from that class has to self isolate for 14 days, their sibling who travels with them to school each day back and forth on a bus can still attend school (and their parents are free to move under whatever Tier rules they're under too)

Rules is rules all the same and if they've broken them, you'd expect similar to what Killie and St Mirren got or they'll be up in arms about their defeats.

“We now know that some of the individuals in this photograph have subsequently tested positive for Covid-19. Professional football has considerable privileges – these depend on following the guidance.”

Boned unless they can prove the positive folk caught it after the photo. Every individual in that photo will surely need to self isolate now. No staff, no players.

How absolutely fucking stupid can you be? :D

Remember the 14 day period starts from the last contact rather than the positive test

that being said, looking at that photo it wouldn’t surprise me If more test positive. Could do with the 3 points, 3 goals and the weeks rest

Also whether the players were positive or not in the photo, surely they are breaking protocol regardless and as such should be punished? Were the players breaking protocol at the other clubs positive for COVID?

Also whether the players were positive or not in the photo, surely they are breaking protocol regardless and as such should be punished? Were the players breaking protocol at the other clubs positive for COVID?

No. Look at Jones or Edmundson. They weren't positive. Neither was bolingoli

No. Look at Jones or Edmundson. They weren't positive. Neither was bolingoli
I mean Killie and St Mirren players. I get that the club were technically the ones breaking protocol, just like Dundee Utd are doing here though. So wasn't sure if the players involved at those two clubs were positive or something.

The league needs to take responsibility (no laughing at the back). Teams aren’t going to postpone games now with the threat of fines and match forfeits - so where there is a clear breach the league needs to step in and call the games for the safety of the other players involved.

Last edited:
Not sure about Livi but I reckon a 3 nil default against us will be a better result than they will get next weekend we will pump them

I'd assume if they're going to have to forfeit the SPFL are going to have to show face before 3pm today.

its the NHS who would need to step in after that photo became public.

Dundee United are in serious trouble if they have lied about close contacts of the positive covid cases.

Leitch is looking at the SPFL to hammer them but it will be financial as the rulebook will possibly need Dundee Utd to ask to postpone the game. At this time they have a big enough squad to pick from.

As I say if they have lied which looks likely it will be massive consequences for everyone.

Is their game against Livi definitely going ahead? Assume if that game gets played they will need to play us next week
Still on currently so yes you would expect them to be playing us unless there are further positive results/players isolating next week leaving them unable to field a team.

Can we just let football games decide points please?

There are plenty of other ways of punishing clubs. This just makes a farce of the league.

The problems really start if games end up getting postponed though.
I wouldn't be too keen on having to fit the Utd game into a free midweek in January or February.

Still on currently so yes you would expect them to be playing us unless there are further positive results/players isolating next week leaving them unable to field a team.

I bet they never factored in that team photo becoming public viewing.

They told initially that the 9 players who are isolating were in close contact with members of the medical team at HPC in Sant Andrews. That was their official line. NHS and the SFA were in dialogue.

Now if and I am guessing here, that ANY of the medical staff are in the photo. (Highly likely). As it would be their own staff located at the high performance centre. And there are a lot of staff in the photo.

As Leitch has said, this is a serious breach.

Lies during a pandemic by a team not player must get the maximum punishment available. They have 100% broke protocol on safe distance and as I say very likely lied who was in close contact.
Dundee-United-team-photo-e1607100694370-768x461.jpg

The problems really start if games end up getting postponed though.
I wouldn't be too keen on having to fit the Utd game into a free midweek in January or February.

there is no chance the game is replayed. Lying about close contact is as serious breach you can get.

They will get Hammered.

its the NHS who would need to step in after that photo became public.

Dundee United are in serious trouble if they have lied about close contacts of the positive covid cases.

Leitch is looking at the SPFL to hammer them but it will be financial as the rulebook will possibly need Dundee Utd to ask to postpone the game. At this time they have a big enough squad to pick from.

As I say if they have lied which looks likely it will be massive consequences for everyone.

St Mirren and Kilmarnock forfeited games due to breaches not as bad as this!!!

They told initially that the 9 players who are isolating were in close contact with members of the medical team at HPC in Sant Andrews. That was their official line. NHS and the SFA were in dialogue.

Now if and I am guessing here, that ANY of the medical staff are in the photo. (Highly likely). As it would be their own staff located at the high performance centre. And there are a lot of staff in the photo.

Lies during a pandemic by a team not player must get the maximum punishment available. They have 100% broke protocol on safe distance and as I say very likely lied who was in close contact.
Exactly hence why it could change. I could be wrong but wasn’t one of the previous postponed games called off at fairly short notice?

St Mirren and Kilmarnock forfeited games due to breaches not as bad as this!!!

yes but they asked for a postponement and an investigation said they were not entitled to a replay as they were in breach of protocol.

Dundee United knew this as the punishment was aired before they declared their stance.

They knew to ask for a postponement was forfeiting the matches against livi and rangers. As they have a big squad they took that decision. The same decision we would have took.

However

It looks highly likely they lied about close contact. They never informed the NHS about the leaked team photo. They will get hammered now in comparison to those that ask for a postponement. You cannot get a more serious breach IMO.

Over to the SFA who the NHS and the Scottish government will be monitoring.

Okay it's a Saturday morning etc, etc.

How is a team photo different from ten out field players jumping on each other celebrating a goal scored?

I'm assuming this snap was taken in July or so? So if there was any outbreak then surely it would have been noticed five months down the line.

I hate these non entities like everyone else but I'm in the dark regards some of these rules because I don't read the rags (front page headlines recently in the newsagent aside) and I don't listen to wee Krankie and her propaganda.

I'm honestly in the dark about this.

Precedence has been set with Kilmarnock and St Mirren forfeiting points and being fined.

This incident is worse and as I’ve said before more will come out on this.

If the punishment isn’t harsh or equalling of past offences, I can see a huge fall out with Kilmarnock / St Mirren with the SPFL.

Okay it's a Saturday morning etc, etc.

How is a team photo different from ten out field players jumping on each other celebrating a goal scored?

I'm assuming this snap was taken in July or so? So if there was any outbreak then surely it would have been noticed five months down the line.

I hate these non entities like everyone else but I'm in the dark regards some of these rules because I don't read the rags (front page headlines recently in the newsagent aside) and I don't listen to wee Krankie and her propaganda.

I'm honestly in the dark about this.

You need to tune into Jason Leitch. Once a game of football starts you are governed by a different set of rules. Standing getting a photo is classed as prolonged contact.

As for date of photo, Dundee newspapers report "The full team photo, understood to have been taken on Friday November 27"

Precedence has been set with Kilmarnock and St Mirren forfeiting points and being fined.

This incident is worse and as I’ve said before more will come out on this.

If the punishment isn’t harsh or equalling of past offences, I can see a huge fall out with Kilmarnock / St Mirren with the SPFL.
Only if Dundee Utd call the games off.

If not then they play their reserves and there’s a separate disciplinary hearing where the likely outcome will be a fine of some sorts.

Back