Dundee Hibernian Release Eight Players - Tick Tock

This really is delightful.

I'd like them to go all out this summer, spend big in the aim of getting back up to the Premier League.

And then fail to get promoted.

stephpopcorn.gif

Can't wait for the cunts to go to the wall, but isn't that a normal number of players to release at the end of a season?

Any other club I would have real sympathy for their fans and the pain they’ll go through if it all goes tits up...........

But it’s Scumdee Utd, which is nice.

Any other club I would have real sympathy for their fans and the pain they’ll go through if it all goes tits up...........

But it’s Scumdee Utd, which is nice.
I wouldn't have any sympathy for any of them. %^*& 'em all. The fact it's this shower makes it all the sweeter.

They have clearly spent outwith their means. That's financial doping. What happened to sporting integrity?

I wouldn't have any sympathy for any of them. %^*& 'em all. The fact it's this shower makes it all the sweeter.

They have clearly spent outwith their means. That's financial doping. What happened to sporting integrity?
I more meant ANY club outwith Scotland I would have sympathy for. Not so much meaning specifically Scottish clubs, sorry I wasn’t clear with that. Most Scottish clubs can go %^*& themselves.

Reactions: ao2
They won't go to the wall, they'll scale back and likely never recover to the 'higher reaches' of Scottish football.

The smaller clubs only sign players up till the end of the season saving them wages over the summer. It's a gamble as obviously the players can find new clubs

I more meant ANY club outwith Scotland I would have sympathy for. Not so much meaning specifically Scottish clubs, sorry I wasn’t clear with that. Most Scottish clubs can go %^*& themselves.
No need to apologise buddy! Totally agree with your sentiments!

As much as I would like to see them suffer did someone no recently take over and put in some coin?

Every side in the lower leagues of Scotland wholesale release players, most only sign on for one year deal in the hopes of a bigger club taking a punt.

Morton for instance have lost half their squad too.

“Captain Willo Flood is among a group of players leaving Dundee United, the Championship club have announced.

Flood, 33, exits along with fellow midfielders Jordie Briels, Paul Quinn and Grant Gillespie.

Defenders Bilel Mohsni, Mark Durnan and Cammy Ballantyne and forward Emil Lyng also depart.

Five other players, including Anthony Ralston, Thomas Mikkelsen and Harry Lewis, return to their parent clubs following loan spells.

Right-back Ralston had been on loan from Celtic while forward Mikkelsen started a second spell at Tannadice after being loaned by Ross County.

Goalkeeper Lewis returns to Southampton while midfielder Craig Slater and left-back Brandon Mason return to Colchester and Watford, respectively.”

Wasn’t it the case that if they didn’t make it into premier league that they were in deep shit? Will be *interesting* to see what unfolds here..

Its normal if you arent in the shit and able to replace with better.

They however are in the shit and cant afford to replace with better

Shame so it is...

Wankers.

arab-trust-statement.png

04-12-2012, 23:31
It's with great disappointment that we read Rangers' official statement indicating that they will not take up their ticket allocation for the Scottish Cup tie in February.

In a time when Scottish football needs to look to the future and how we can rebuild our game, it's sad that some parties choose to refer to past alleged indiscretions against their club as an excuse to not attend the match.

In the instances referred to by Rangers supporters, a court of law decided that Dundee United had acted appropriately in respect of ticketing post the abandoned game in 2009.

As for the decision by the SPL to take action against Rangers in the summer, this was made by the majority of clubs - not only Dundee United.

We believe that the stance taken by Rangers brings them into disrepute in respect of the Scottish Cup. We therefore call on the SFA to act strongly, in particular by stating that the normal competition rules in respect of an equal split of gate money do not apply in this case and that all revenues should be retained by Dundee United.

We also put trust in the SFA using their powers to ensure that fans are free to choose whether to attend games or not and that our competitions, which rely on spectator participation to ensure continued commercial and media profile, are not devalued as a result of the actions of one member club against another.

We call on all Arabs to pack Tannadice and get behind the team in February. The tie is a fantastic opportunity for our club to progress to the quarter final of the Scottish Cup and be just one game away from Hampden.

As supporters bodies, we do not agree with any boycott – fans are the lifeblood of the game. We believe that all clubs and fans need to work together for the good of the Scottish game, rather than continue debating decisions made in the past which many have long moved on from.

It's sad that yet again, we're talking about non-football matters, particularly on a day when our Under 20 team won 5-1 to remain top of their league and in the run-up to the derby weekend - a fixture eagerly awaited by fans. We hope this game will again show the positive aspects of football that emanate from the City of Dundee.

PfE1h_d.webp

Last edited:
“Captain Willo Flood is among a group of players leaving Dundee United, the Championship club have announced.

Flood, 33, exits along with fellow midfielders Jordie Briels, Paul Quinn and Grant Gillespie.

Defenders Bilel Mohsni, Mark Durnan and Cammy Ballantyne and forward Emil Lyng also depart.

Five other players, including Anthony Ralston, Thomas Mikkelsen and Harry Lewis, return to their parent clubs following loan spells.

Right-back Ralston had been on loan from Celtic while forward Mikkelsen started a second spell at Tannadice after being loaned by Ross County.

Goalkeeper Lewis returns to Southampton while midfielder Craig Slater and left-back Brandon Mason return to Colchester and Watford, respectively.”
Do they have anybody left?

Back