Dundee man shares cherished memories of Scottish football hero Davie Cooper 25 years after his passing

Great memory to have John; but as I scrolled down,I was waiting for Coop`s signature on the photos! :)
Nice caption though Davie Cooper running riot in a Rangers shirt at the height of his powers. :cool:

22 Scotland caps. Still find that incredible. Nice memory for the guy to have. Davie Cooper casually chatting away to him as a young lad. Zero airs or graces. That was Davie.

I missed the game on 16th August 1986 because my wife laboured all day and well into the night. So I sent the programme to Walter Smith who had it signed and returned to me. 16th Aug 1986 was No1 son's birth day. Glad I missed the game, won't forget it in a hurry, 2 up at half time and got gubbed 3-2 !!

BjIq5AY.jpg

22 Scotland caps. Still find that incredible. Nice memory for the guy to have. Davie Cooper casually chatting away to him as a young lad. Zero airs or graces. That was Davie.
Wonder if Coop was in to watch the TV and check out the racing results ? :):)

Last edited:
I missed the game on 16th August 1986 because my wife laboured all day and well into the night. So I sent the programme to Walter Smith who had it signed and returned to me. 16th Aug 1986 was No1 son's birth day. Glad I missed the game, won't forget it in a hurry, 2 up at half time and got gubbed 3-2 !!

BjIq5AY.jpg
I’ve got that programme too although yours has a personal touch - keep it treasured.

Got a programme with Coops autograph when we played at Dens.
Cammy Fraser as well iirc.

Back