Dundee Utd players were in their beds in Newcastle watching Formula One

ItsInTheNet

:rolleyes:
TAM COURTS has defended sanctioning a Christmas party trip to Newcastle after Dundee United became embroiled in a Covid scare ahead of their clash with Rangers.

The Premiership fixture on Saturday will go ahead as planned following fears that cases within the Tannadice camp could force United to pull out of the trip to Ibrox.

Courts insists there has been 'minimal disruption' to his preparations after the club were able to contain an outbreak that started with a member of staff returning a positive test last week.

The Arabs squad subsequently travelled south of the border for their Christmas night out following the defeat to Livingston and Courts had no issue with his players getting into the festive spirit.

Courts said: "I am really comfortable with it. I think when you take these decisions as a football club – and I think there were another 15 or 20 football clubs there the same weekend - then you always think ahead to the worst case scenario.

"What we did was offer the players club transport to go down and minimise the mingling on public transport. We also knew the itinerary of the players.

"To be honest with you, players are way more boring than they used to be.

"You used to have players going out for two days on end and into nightclubs.

"The reports I’m getting coming back are that they were in their beds watching the Formula One.

"So I don’t think players are made of what they used to be back in the day.

"I think through the medical staff that [track and trace] process has already been concluded.

"For anyone that has tested positive the paperwork has been completed.

"The players available to us now are going to be available for the weekend.

"I am quite happy with the players available to choose from."

"The reports I’m getting coming back"

Top quote. And the report that I used to filter back to the parents when I never came home until Sunday after going out on a Friday were that my pal got a new game for the PlayStation and we ended up getting a chippy and playing that all weekend. Prove me wrong, eh Tam.

Nay bother dafty it'll be some laugh when the full Oli Mcburnie video comes oot and half the united team are in it lol

He didn’t say they were in their beds at all FFS. No idea where the paper got that from. What he actually said was ‘I know there was a congregation watching the Formula 1’. About 1 min in in this video.

It’ll be in the “embargoed” part of the presser which can only be released in the 10:30 headlines.

Or at least that is the case in England.

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Formula1 from a Newcastle scratcher sounds like the fucking Christmas party to beat all Christmas parties for F1 fans.

I fucking hate the sport though.

It’ll be in the “embargoed” part of the presser which can only be released in the 10:30 headlines.

Or at least that is the case in England.
Or, more likely given the ridiculous nature of the ‘quote’, a f*ck up by the media. One of the articles that reports the ‘in bed’ comment even has a link to the interview I posted above.

Last edited:
Get doon ti Newcastle (party central of north England), get the Formula 1 on, Boss team night out!! Aye, they don’t make them like they used to Tam.

Canni imagine how much the boys were buzzin for the Hamilton Ver Stappen duel

He's a complete throbber, these guys are supposed to be "athletes" let's maul them at the weekend

Guaranteed any players affected will not be regulars so they will be at full strength. Lies lies and more lies. It's as if snp government write scripts for scotshit teams,ours excluded.

TAM COURTS has defended sanctioning a Christmas party trip to Newcastle after Dundee United became embroiled in a Covid scare ahead of their clash with Rangers.

The Premiership fixture on Saturday will go ahead as planned following fears that cases within the Tannadice camp could force United to pull out of the trip to Ibrox.

Courts insists there has been 'minimal disruption' to his preparations after the club were able to contain an outbreak that started with a member of staff returning a positive test last week.

The Arabs squad subsequently travelled south of the border for their Christmas night out following the defeat to Livingston and Courts had no issue with his players getting into the festive spirit.

Courts said: "I am really comfortable with it. I think when you take these decisions as a football club – and I think there were another 15 or 20 football clubs there the same weekend - then you always think ahead to the worst case scenario.

"What we did was offer the players club transport to go down and minimise the mingling on public transport. We also knew the itinerary of the players.

"The reports I’m getting coming back are that they were in their beds watching the Formula One.

"I think through the medical staff that [track and trace] process has already been concluded.

The race wasn’t on in Scotland?

To be fair I believe they would all have needed the rest after their energy sapping exploits against sellik at Tannadice the other week, standing watching the opposition walk past you is tiring work.

Am I reading that right the Covid outbreak was last week, and they subsequently traveled to Newcastle for a wee party.

I believe him. I remember that time I went for a Xmas night out in Newcastle and drank green tea in bed. Aye, Tam.

I typed in “congregation watching F1“ into google translate (the hidden English/Fife translation), and it came back as ‘getting lapdances from Geordie strippers’.

LGTBQ community must be delighted, we now have the first pro football team made up entirely of benders then.

picture host

Dn7m1OVX0AAM75X.jpg

Back