Dundee Utd

The Gooner

For what it’s worth I think they will beat the filth after we beat St Mirren. They have a great chance of a top 6 spot with two home games against the filth and Aberdeen.

St Mirren on the other hand are away to us then away to accies who are desperate for the points.

Much as it would be nice to win it at the cesspit it’s coming home on Sunday!

There's not a chance Celtic are winning that game if we beat St Mirren.

Anyone who thinks they will is off their head and hasn't been paying attention in 2006 or 2018 when they did it 2 games after the split. One against Hibs which they lost to conveniently mean they could win it against us the next week and one v Aberdeen to ensure we finished 3rd.

They aren't going to set up their own worst nightmare.

I don’t think the filth will be trying too hard, us celebrating on their midden will put the tin lid on a lot of their careers as well as a disastrous season for them.

The tims will throw that game, nothing surer.

That being said they're garbage themselves and probably don't need to chuck it

Anyone who thinks they will is off their head and hasn't been paying attention in 2006 or 2018 when they did it 2 games after the split. One against Hibs which they lost to conveniently mean they could win it against us the next week and one v Aberdeen to ensure we finished 3rd.

I find this logic strange.

If it was in reverse I would be looking to beat Dundee then beat the filth at Ibrox and put their title party back 6 weeks until the post split.

Would certainly take the shine off.

It’s a no win scenario for them. If they beat United we go to the Cesspit with the chance of winning it there. If they drop points on Sunday we go to their dump already champions.

From their players’ perspective they will probably relish the chance to beat us and rub our noses in it either way, which is why I think they’ll probably win on Sunday.

I find this logic strange.

If it was in reverse I would be looking to beat Dundee then beat the filth at Ibrox and put their title party back 6 weeks until the post split.

Would certainly take the shine off.

It's not my logic mate. It's the logic of the tims who have done it before.

We also, iirc, won our game 9 years ago to offer them the chance to win the title at Ibrox before beating them. But they have a hatred of Rangers that superscedes their love for their own team. Not a chance are they winning that game.

I've a number of them in my football team chat and they are actively supporting Dundee United this weekend.

The bravest man in football will be desperate to show his credentials for the job, whether some of his want away players are so keen is another matter, but I still think they will win.

Fair chance celtic would throw it , would not be the first time , they let Aberdeen win at the piggery last year
CyvsJw6.gif

Well let's be honest if we win tomorrow do you honestly think they want us going to their place needing just a DRAW to win our 55th League title?

I think we can safely say we beat St Midden tomorrow they'll drop points Sunday!

or here's hoping anyway!

B-):shh:

I personally coudn't care less if they throw it, which I don't think they'll do. I would dearly love to win 55 on Sunday, get past Slavia Prague, then come onto the tatty field as champions, beating them yet again just to make a point. The sooner the better.

It's not my logic mate. It's the logic of the tims who have done it before.

We also, iirc, won our game 9 years ago to offer them the chance to win the title at Ibrox before beating them. But they have a hatred of Rangers that superscedes their love for their own team. Not a chance are they winning that game.

I've a number of them in my football team chat and they are actively supporting Dundee United this weekend.
That’s maybe some of the inbred mutant supporters, not the players.

The bravest man in football is desperate to get the job permanently, he will have them fired up.

Plus I’ve honestly never bought into players deliberately lying down. How would that even work? Would Brown stand up pre match and say, right lads, don’t do much today, let them win so Rangers are champions. I just can’t see it at all.

If they drop points, it’s because they are shite, and have dropped points all season.

we WILL win the league this weekend. im utterly convinced of it.

£10 on a Rangers win / Dundee Utd to avoid defeat pays roughly two bottles of champagne.

Dundee are shite, if the mentally challengeds turn up they will beat them, then they’ll start trying to convince themselves they’ll beat us.

The bravest man in football is desperate to get the job permanently, he will have them fired up.

Plus I’ve honestly never bought into players deliberately lying down. How would that even work? Would Brown stand up pre match and say, right lads, don’t do much today, let them win so Rangers are champions. I just can’t see it at all.

If they drop points, it’s because they are shite, and have dropped points all season.
The game is all about fine margins. Maybe nothing said in the dressing room about 'lying down' but all it takes is for increased despondency/decreased commitment in the playing ranks for their performance level to drop by a percentage point or two. A marginal drop off in performance can have massive consequences.

On the other hand this celtic team may feel less pressure now the league is all but settled and beat utd 4-0 on Sunday. It's a funny old game and all that.

Ffs sellik ain’t Gona throw the game against dundee. Dundee might beat them but the ain’t throwing it.

Correct, whether some of the unhappy players will be up for it, I’m not sure, but they won’t deliberately blow it.

The biggest problem is Clancy, although he might not be able to face us winning it at Parkhead either.

The game is all about fine margins. Maybe nothing said in the dressing room about 'lying down' but all it takes is for increased despondency/decreased commitment in the playing ranks for their performance level to drop by a percentage point or two. A marginal drop off in performance can have massive consequences.

On the other hand this celtic team may feel less pressure now the league is all but settled and beat utd 4-0 on Sunday. It's a funny old game and all that.
Oh I agree completely about that. You see it all the time, teams on a bad run or have nothing to play for, they then lack motivation and results get worse.

Same with loads of sides after the league is won, it’s hard to keep up the high standards when it doesn’t really matter. Plus players tend to get rested more in these situations.

It’s a huge leap from that to deliberately chucking a game though.

i don't think they will chuck it on sunday, the fact is both teams are honking so wouldn't be surprised at 0-0 ,
55 on Sunday guys, let the celebrations begin

Back