Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - Match Postponed - Again

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
wvcF0oH.png

>>CLICK HERE FOR HELP WITH RANGERSTV<<

DISCUSSION OF ILLEGAL LINKS WILL RESULT IN A BAN

I can’t see the game going ahead tomorrow. Weather forecast is for bucketing rain (not unusual in Scotland and indeed the UK) but that Dens Park pitch will be like a muddy paddy field. If it does go ahead, I expect we’ll win 3-0.

Thanks Doc, but this is never happening tomorrow night.

I simply hope that if it's called off, it's at 11am tomorrow morning, asking the travelling support to yet again put their hand in their pockets is a disgrace, for it to be called off at 5pm.

Hopefully goes ahead, get level on games and see where we stand after the 90. Just hope we don’t have to turn back at Kinross again haha

I can’t see the game going ahead tomorrow. Weather forecast is for bucketing rain (not unusual in Scotland and indeed the UK) but that Dens Park pitch will be like a muddy paddy field. If it does go ahead, I expect we’ll win 3-0.
No chance it will be on , forecast torrential all day into evening, that pitch will never hold up

Ridiculous that we are still uncertain if this match will go ahead. I fear the league will force it to be played no matter what the conditions are, when they should really have an alternative location in place. I know Dundee are chasing a top six finish but they should have paid more attention to that pitch of theirs

As Celtic are now fully aware, you don't get 3 points if you are leading after 1 minute, 30 minutes or HT. You get 3 points for being ahead when the full time whistle blows.

A call to sanity for those who lose their minds and say the players don't want the league title if we aren't winning early or the opposition have the temerity to score at any point during the game.

There will likely be a lot of squeaky bum time type games for us and the Paedophilia XI. Let's just make sure we are at least 1 ahead at FT.

0-3 Rangers despite what is going to be a truly horrendous pitch.

2 points clear with six games to go (sweating just thinking about it)

Louganis

Nemo
Cousteau
Daley
Goodhew

Titan

Weismuller
Dressel

Phelps
Thorpe
Peaty
That's a strong team, I feel that Adam peaty upfront with his technical breast stroke might just be the match winner. Thorpe and Phelps just don't have the same kind of movement these days

Ridiculous that we are still uncertain if this match will go ahead. I fear the league will force it to be played no matter what the conditions are, when they should really have an alternative location in place. I know Dundee are chasing a top six finish but they should have paid more attention to that pitch of theirs
They paid attention to their squad and wages instead and in so doing gained an advantage over the likes of Hibs and Motherwell. It’s basically “financial doping” and they should be punished for it.

Kick off delayed, can’t get covers off , too heavy. If it is raining when the covers come off, not a chance that pitch is playable.

Last edited:
If it goes ahead, this is the kind of game we need to utilise squad players like King and Raskin. Cantwell, Sima, Dowell just back from injury, Lawrence prone to injury - huge risk to play these guys. A real (unfair) dilemma for Phil.

Judging by the words of Nelms, their Chairman, they are already planning for the game to go ahead next week. Our club should be reimbursed our travel and accommodation costs x 2, not to mention plans and costs to our support. Shocking state of affairs.

If it goes ahead, this is the kind of game we need to utilise squad players like King and Raskin. Cantwell, Sima, Dowell just back from injury, Lawrence prone to injury - huge risk to play these guys. A real (unfair) dilemma for Phil.
Take your point about potential injuries, but no way should we play King or Raskin (or Wright).
That's just weakening the team - we need the strongest team possible to play - it's a 100% must win game & IMO will be a very difficult game.

Judging by the words of Nelms, their Chairman, they are already planning for the game to go ahead next week. Our club should be reimbursed our travel and accommodation costs x 2, not to mention plans and costs to our support. Shocking state of affairs.
Shouldn't be allowed three goes at getting a game played, fair enough if it's crazy weather for weeks in winter but it's not really been like that.

Come on Rangers, big win needed tonight to reclaim top spot.

Let’s get it done with minimum fuss.

If this is postponed again another issue we have had is preparing for this match and then if it is postponed we could have been preparing earlier for the Ross County match

This really needs to be played somehow tonight. If the dens pitch is anyhow dodgy, ask (early) Dundee Utd or St Johnstone to use their facilities.

Assuming this sand dance goes ahead we have a tough 90 minutes ahead. Dundee have something to play for and we will have to be up for the battle.
However we have enough in the tank to secure the vital three points.
Mon the Gers.

I really hope this game is on tonight but my feelings are tempered as it could well be a mud heap which we could struggle on.

This really needs to be played somehow tonight. If the dens pitch is anyhow dodgy, ask (early) Dundee Utd or St Johnstone to use their facilities.
Can't be Dundee Utd as they don't have VAR, and they seem to have ruled out playing it elsewhere (not sure why).

If it doesn't go ahead tonight it should be getting moved to McDiarmid Park, instead of chancing it that it can go ahead on that sham Dundee pitch. There's a good chance we'll need to go there again too!

Really want to just get this out the way with 3 points in the bag.

Back