Official Season 2023/24 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Valley Bluenose

RTV? Completed it mate!
See post #2 for some Quick Tips covering the most frequently raised issues. It should be your first port of call if you’ve a problem. I will still be around to help when I can, but plan on being less active on this thread as more and more folk are now familiar with RangersTV and its ‘intricacies’. If you’ve some advice to share with other posters, jump in and help your fellow Bears.

Next Match

The Rangers v Kilmarnock match on Sunday (5 May 24, 1300hrs) will be available for purchase from RangersTV. The match will only be available to those overseas, or to those with a VPN to appear overseas. Cost will be £9.99. You may see the offer of a 2 or 3 Day Unlimited Package rather than the individual match. If so, that is fine, as it represents even better value, with access to all subscriber content for 72 hours. It is only offered on an occasional basis though. The match is available to Unlimited subscribers as part of their subscription package.

Do NOT Login before attempting to purchase the match. The purchase process will take you through Login. The first link below will take you to the purchase page. You need to be overseas or ‘overseas’ via a VPN to see the game offered for purchase.

NOTE: RangersTV purchases must be made via the website NOT the App.

Rangers FC Join the action (streamamg.com)

Clubs are permitted to screen just 5 Home league matches per season within the UK, provided they are not live on Sky. So far, we have had six (Motherwell, Hearts, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and now Ross County) this season. A separate agreement with Sky saw our figure increased to 7 for this season. However, with Sky showing both post-split fixtures live then there will be no 7th game live within the UK on RangersTV.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

If you are looking for the Season 2022/23 ‘bumper’ thread, here is the link:

Official - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice - Season 2022/23 | FollowFollow.com

Basics

New season, 2023/24, so here is a slight refresh of the OP from the above thread. All guidance below is for desktop/laptop. Whatever device you use for your viewing, I would recommend using the website rather than the (poor) App.

1. All domestic matches can be viewed on RangersTV provided you are overseas or have access to a VPN to make it appear they are overseas. Note: TNT/BTSport have exclusive coverage of European group stages (plus CL Play-Off Round) and beyond and these cannot be shown on RangersTV.

2. I recommend a good quality paid-for VPN. The Club have links with NordVPN. Any VPN will slow down your connection and can lead to buffering. A free/cheap VPN will generally slow it down more than a good quality one. A discount deal is normally available from the Rangers/NordVPN affiliate link below. See post #8 below for a tip to potentially save some more money, though I can’t personally verify it works.

World’s leading VPN provider | NordVPN

Buying the Match

3. If you do not have the Unlimited (overseas) subscription then you need to PPV. You can only purchase matches via the website and not via the App.

4. Switch on your VPN and set it to a location near to the UK. France, Belgium, The Netherlands are all favourites.

5. To check that its worked, if you want to, click on the following link. It should show you as located in the country of your choice, though not necessarily your precise location.

What Is My IP Address - See Your Public Address - IPv4 & IPv6

6. Go to the RangersTV Home page. Do NOT login. Click on any button that says Subscribe. Click to purchase the game and the purchase process will take you through Login as part of the payment process. Do not worry about any messages regarding an existing subscription just click through them. You do not need a UK address or UK bank details to purchase. Once your purchase is made you can relax and wait until about an hour before kick-off time.

Viewing the Match

7. If you have turned it off, go back and turn on your VPN and set it to your location of choice. Normally, around 1 hour before the match (though sometimes it is much less) the Watch Live button will appear on the RangersTV Home page.

RangersTV | Rangers Football Club

8. Go to the RangersTV Home page (with your VPN set to overseas) and Login. When the Watch Live button appears, click on it. If the stream is ‘live’ you will normally get the placeholder page from about 1 hour before kick-off. ‘Moving pictures’ generally appear about half an hour before kick-off. If you cannot find the game, scroll down to the section headed RangersTV Latest and the game should appear in there. If you are not seeing the Watch Live button - and are sure your VPN is working properly – Refresh a few times or maybe try logging out, clear cache/cookies the login and try again. In extremis, try rebooting your device.

9. To make sure you get sound, either roll your mouse over the top left-hand corner of the video window and click on Unmute when it appears – or simply go to the Enlarge icon in the bottom right and go Full Screen, which will unmute automatically.

Finally, just for clarity, please note I am nothing to do with RangersTV and never have been. Just a poster who has been using the service for a few years who has got his head around some of the more common problems and is happy to share any advice I can pass on.

Last edited:
Some Quick Tips:

a. Please do not post expecting help for RangersTV issues if you are watching via IPTV. If you are watching RangersTV via IPTV and you have the commentary team from St Johnstone TV, or it’s showing the wrong match, that’s not a RangersTV issue, take it up elsewhere.

b. Do not leave yourself logged in on one device and try to login on another – or leave yourself logged in on the App and try to login on the website. There’s a chance your Account will be locked.

c. Do not use the App if at all avoidable. Use the website. Save it as a bookmark/favourite and it’s only an extra couple of clicks.

d. Sometimes the VPN location just doesn’t seem to register properly. I’ve set the VPN to Germany, for example, and a quick check shows my IP Address as being in Germany - but RangersTV still doesn’t let me play the stream because I’m not overseas. Usually, a quick change of location to somewhere else, say France, will resolve the issue.

e. When selecting a VPN location do NOT pick Australia! Pick a country close to the UK – France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany are all fine. Seemingly this reduces latency and improves the stream.

f. If you get the spinning blue dots when trying to get the stream then simply hit Refresh – and keep doing so until you eventually get in. If still struggling, logout and log back in again. Login as early as you can to avoid the late rush.

g. If you get buffering, and are convinced it’s not your wifi, or everybody else in the house using up your bandwidth, try going to the Settings cog in the bottom right of the RangersTV screen and changing from Auto to 1080p – or lower. I’ve been at 420p in the past, it’s not great but it’s just about watchable on a monitor though perhaps not a TV. Tell the kids to get off the Xbox and the Mrs to can Netflix as well.

h. If your wifi is weak, and you are using a VPN, then it will be weaker still. Use of a VPN slows down any streaming abilities. The better, paid for, VPNs slow you down less than the free/cheap VPNs.

i. The (awful) App cannot be sideloaded onto any Fire TV Sticks other than those with the MAX designation.

j. If you use a Fire TV Stick and Silk browser you may find you cannot scroll down enough to hit the play button on video content and various other issues. It may help to download and use TVBro browser. See instructions in post #310 in this thread:

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/rangers-tv-on-amazon-firestick.140309/page-7

k. If using a TV browser its very hit or miss. Some will work, most won’t due to the poor browsers in the TV sets (even if they do work with Netflix). That’s if you can even get a VPN on them.

l. There are still issues with casting for many users. No idea if they will be addressed or not. By far the best way to get RangersTV on a big screen is via a laptop connected to the TV via HDMI cable. It was reported during the Newcastle game that casting to a Chromecast device using the website was working alright. If you have problems then try casting a tab in Chrome, as that seems to bring more success.

m. We are seeing the error ‘No KS where KS is required’ or similar coming up more often. Very little on the internet about such error (which isn’t exclusive to RangersTV) and I can’t suggest a workaround. Any ‘fix’ will be at RangersTV end.

n. A common complaint from Android users is that when they rotate their screen on a video from Portrait to Landscape, they lose the video and the sound carries on. Seems fine on Apple devices, where if you rotate it goes back to the start of the video and both sound and pictures resume from there. Dunno if it works on Android if you start the video in Landscape mode. Maybe someone can advise?

o. If you do find you need to email RangersTV support – rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com – do not, under any circumstance, mention you are using a VPN. They will simply blank you/fob you off. Read any reply email carefully. They will often send a computer-generated email with some FAQ and say that if the FAQ don’t answer your question you need to reply to the email to get a ‘human’ response. If you don’t reply to that email, you’ll be left high and dry so you need to respond. They’re not great though.

p. I’ve a new recurring problem on iPad whereby the videos will not expand to Full Screen. No idea why. Very frustrating and no workaround that I can find. I’m in contact with StreamAMG about it but not really making much progress, they’ve ‘passed it to our Developers’ apparently. Issue is on multiple browsers so seems like an incompatibility issue with iOS/iPadOS.

q. The old standby to try with any issue, if you’re really stuck, is to logout, clear cache/cookies, close browser, open browser and try again. Be aware this may delete any stored login/password details.

Last edited:
Probably a stupid question but can I buy the Unlimited (overseas) subscription even if my home / billing address is in the UK? They won't question that, will they?

VB. A handy wee tip you could add for anyone buying the NordVPN..
When purchasing it and it asks for your country, say you are in Gibraltar.
That way you avoid the tax payment. I did it last year after you recommended Nord for a VPN. Think I saved £15/20 from memory.
Even though my home address and bank card were UK registered it didn’t mind me using Gibraltar. So they either think you are there on holiday, or quite happy to take your cash regardless.

VB. A handy wee tip you could add for anyone buying the NordVPN..
When purchasing it and it asks for your country, say you are in Gibraltar.
That way you avoid the tax payment. I did it last year after you recommended Nord for a VPN. Think I saved £15/20 from memory.
Even though my home address and bank card were UK registered it didn’t mind me using Gibraltar. So they either think you are there on holiday, or quite happy to take your cash regardless.
I’ve added it to para #2 in the OP. Good news if it saves any Bears some dosh.

I’m in Turkey just now trying to buy the game but I’m not getting an option to buy the match just for monthly or annual subscriptions any help will be useful cheers

I’m in Turkey just now trying to buy the game but I’m not getting an option to buy the match just for monthly or annual subscriptions any help will be useful cheers
Turn off mobile data and use WiFi to purchase.
As its a UK phone, it probably thinks you are in the UK

Got the ultimate package and live abroad. Not managed to get any game so far. When I log in as usual it just gives me a yellow play button and doesn't react to me tapping the screen. Pain in the arse.

Got the ultimate package and live abroad. Not managed to get any game so far. When I log in as usual it just gives me a yellow play button and doesn't react to me tapping the screen. Pain in the arse.
Unlimited package you mean. A YELLOW Play button? Its white isn't it? What device are you using and - please - tell me you aren't trying to use the App. Website every time. Only thing I can suggest is to hit the Refresh button and keep hitting it - especially if you've left it until near kick-off time before logging in.

Should have been asking the question when it wasn't an important game mate, not leaving it until now.

Unlimited package you mean. A YELLOW Play button? Its white isn't it? What device are you using and - please - tell me you aren't trying to use the App. Website every time. Only thing I can suggest is to hit the Refresh button and keep hitting it - especially if you've left it until near kick-off time before logging in.

Should have been asking the question when it wasn't an important game mate, not leaving it until now.
It's alright I've just put Sky on. No it's definitely yellow. And I'm using the website. I'll try the refresh thing.

Quick question about the monthly unlimited subscription, folks?

Does it run for one month from date of purchase (10th to the 9th for instance) or for 28 days etc?

Thanks in advance.

Hmm. Logged into RangersTV as usual (using VPN) and everything was still showing as locked. Tried a Refresh but no joy - still locked. Thought I might have to switch VPN location so I clicked on the 'wee man' icon to Logout and when I did so the three lines appeared behind it to signify I was logged in and everything was suddenly unlocked.

Another of those wee quirks that folk might want to remember if they encounter the same issue.

Can I cancel the monthly £24 unlimited package at anytime without notice? Or do I need to give a months notice? I can't find t & c for the various packages on the RTV web site.

Can I cancel the monthly £24 unlimited package at anytime without notice? Or do I need to give a months notice? I can't find t & c for the various packages on the RTV web site.
Depends when you cancel. To cancel just click on the Cancel link in your Account under the bit about when the next payment is due.

Your Account will stay 'live' up until the point that the month you've already paid for runs out. So, if you make your monthly payment on 1st of the month and you cancelled today then it would run until 31 Aug.

Hope that's clear.

I keep on getting “content not available in certain countries”. I’ve tried the usual ones US, Australi etc. Is anyone else having issues?

Depends when you cancel. To cancel just click on the Cancel link in your Account under the bit about when the next payment is due.

Your Account will stay 'live' up until the point that the month you've already paid for runs out. So, if you make your monthly payment on 1st of the month and you cancelled today then it would run until 31 Aug.

Hope that's clear.
Yup thanks.

I keep on getting “content not available in certain countries”. I’ve tried the usual ones US, Australi etc. Is anyone else having issues?
US and Australia? Nah mate, don't go there. If you're using a VPN you want the country nearest to the UK as it streams better due to lower latency. Always pick France, Belgium, Germany, The Netherlands etc.

Which will be outsourced and that company will have a one size fits all approach. iow months before a fix if its not already part of their backlog.

Is it a safari only problem on ios?
Its definitely iOS/iPadOS as I encountered the same problem on iPad and iPhone with both Safari and Chrome. Then again, I'm sure I saw someone say they had the same issue on a MacBook but I can't verify that.

Operating system rather than browser, for sure.

I've been having an issue recently with live streams not loading. Just stuck with black screen and spinning buffering symbol.

The problem appears to be my adblocker ultimate add-on on my Firefox browser. Disabling it (even just temporarily for the game) solves the issue.

I've been having an issue recently with live streams not loading. Just stuck with black screen and spinning buffering symbol.

The problem appears to be my adblocker ultimate add-on on my Firefox browser. Disabling it (even just temporarily for the game) solves the issue.
Usually you can get around the spinning dots thing simply by hitting the Refresh button. Sometimes takes a few goes but, for me, generally works after a single Refresh.

Had some problems getting into RangersTV this morning. Seems it wasn't happy with Nord set to The Netherlands but a move to Belgium or France and all was well.

No Watch Live button for me yet either, though when I clicked on the '4 videos' bit next to the match it loaded the live streaming page for me. Coverage starts 1210hrs.

I have to go out until just before kick-off, so hopefully this info helps anyone who encounters the same problems.

Anyone finding RTV on a PS4 web browser to be pretty unreliable?

Can watch back replays & some older videos. But when I try and watch latest interviews seems to just go blank.

Anyone finding RTV on a PS4 web browser to be pretty unreliable?

Can watch back replays & some older videos. But when I try and watch latest interviews seems to just go blank.
No experience of watching via PS4 but if the issue is only newer video footage could it be struggling with the better quality, higher resolution newer footage? How old is the old stuff?

Last edited:
I only recently found out Nord has a Chrome extension which means less messing about to turn it on.

People have mentioned it as an issue on iOS but I am still unable to go full screen on my MacBook on Safari. It’s really annoying. Will another browser do the trick?

People have mentioned it as an issue on iOS but I am still unable to go full screen on my MacBook on Safari. It’s really annoying. Will another browser do the trick?
Can’t help on MacBook but I switched to Chrome on iPad and still couldn’t go full screen. I think it’s an incompatibility with the full, various, Apple OS rather than Safari specific.

Back