Rangers TV on Amazon Firestick

Yeah, works fine for the live action for me as well - but not the other stuff. Don't you have issues getting through the Login process? Its dreadful for me on Silk.

Make sure Save Passwords and Auto Sign-In are checked in Silk Browser settings. Go to Settings > Applications > Silk Browser > Passwords then turn on those 2 options.

It's a piece of cake logging in after that first time.

Thinking of getting a fire stick and not clued up on it, does it need a USB cable or hdmi to work ?

Make sure Save Passwords and Auto Sign-In are checked in Silk Browser settings. Go to Settings > Applications > Silk Browser > Passwords then turn on those 2 options.

It's a piece of cake logging in after that first time.
Didn’t know that mate, being a novice. Thank you, that’s good to know. Fresh login with Silk every time was driving me bonkers as it was so clunky. Dead easy on TV Bro and, seemingly, Firefox.

Still leaves us with the problem of getting videos, rather than live stream, to go full screen as per post #313 below. TV Bro, and maybe Firefox, is better for that.

Last edited:
Can’t believe i have sat watching the games on an ipad all season when I could have drop-kicked the kids off the TV and used the firestick

Actually, fed up referring folk to post #177 so here it is copied and pasted. However, I note from other posts that Firefox browser (available from Amazon store) might be a viable alternative to Silk as well.

SIDELOADING THE APP

Didn't work. I have a Fire TV Stick 2020. So I tried downloading the RangersTV App version 1.1 from APKPure using Downloader. The file downloaded fine. The file installed absolutely fine. However, when trying to Launch it, absolutely nothing happens. So, I guess the theory that it will work on Fire TV OS7 doesn't hold up. Albeit my error was not the parsing one referred to earlier. Now uninstalled.

USING SILK

Now, on my Fire TV Stick playing Live works well. I can go to the RangersTV website, login, click on the Watch Live next to the St Johnstone game and it plays tickety-boo and can be adjusted to full screen by using the Full Screen icon at the bottom. Main issue here is when trying to Login on Silk if I enter my email then click on Next then enter my Password and click on Next it doesn't like it. I found I had to enter my email, then hit the Back button on the remote and then do the same with the Password entry. Often, at that point I got thrown out. Perseverance saw me eventually get Logged In.

The problems come with playing videos on the website. There's a white bar across the bottom of the screen with Up Next on it that prevents you seeing the play button. You can use the remote and press centre+up concurrently and the screen moves up to reveal the Play button, and it will play, but when you then try to click on the Full Screen icon you get thrown out. There's also an issue of getting thrown out if you try to hit the Unmute button.

USING TV BRO

The answer to BOTH the logging in problem and the issue of playing videos in full screen is as mentioned earlier in the thread - TV Bro. Download and install a new browser called TV Bro. Works like a dream. You can use the Submit button after entering your email and it moves to Password. You can enter your password and click Submit and it takes you back to where you can press Login. Fantastic. Even better, once into RangersTV you can select a video and, whilst the white bar of death with Up Next on it will still be there, you can use the centre+up buttons to move the screen up, hit the Play button then immediately pause and scroll to the Full Screen icon and it will work for you. Hey Presto, videos playing in full screen with audio (no need to find and use Unmute button).

So, how do you get it and install it. The full process is detailed at the bottom of the link below. Make sure you scroll all the way down to the section about Fire TV Sticks.:

Once you've installed TV Bro you will be asked to confirm you want to use Google as your default search engine (or pick another one from the drop-down menu). That will then leave you at a sort of Home page with a list of various websites. Hit the Back button on the remote and you get to the navigation screen. Simply move the cursor to the entry bar where it says about:blank and type in the RangersTV website details:

https://www.Rangers.co.uk/tv#/

The RangersTV page will load. At this point I pressed Back on the remote again to get the menu back. I clicked on the Star symbol top-left and set the page as a Bookmark. Thereafter its just a case of Logging In and away you go. Its a much smoother experience than using Silk. Just use it as normal for Live matches. For videos where the white bar of death appears use the remote for the centre+up combo to get the screen to move up and reveal the Play button. Once you've done that hit the centre button on the remote to Pause and then move down to the Full Screen icon and select it. Video will play full screen, with sound, with no issue.

When you are finished playing a video simply Pause it. Scroll to the Full Screen icon and minimise to get to half-screen again. If you can see the big X in the top right corner to close the video then click on it. If you cannot then use the remote, but this time with the centre+down combo, to scroll the screen down to reveal the big X to close the video.

Personally I found the experience of using TV Bro to view RangersTV much, much better than using Silk which, to be fair, works fine for everything else. Give it a go.

Last edited:
Can’t believe i have sat watching the games on an ipad all season when I could have drop-kicked the kids off the TV and used the firestick
It took me until about 3 games ago too mate. Raging with myself for not reading up on these threads and getting a bit wiser. I'm still not over it.

I appreciate this has been asked before but could someone please refer me to the post that details the work around when the white bar at the bottom that doesn't let you view videos is encountered.

I'm using the TV Bro Browser.

I appreciate this has been asked before but could someone please refer me to the post that details the work around when the white bar at the bottom that doesn't let you view videos is encountered.

I'm using the TV Bro Browser.
See the bottom half of post #310 above. Its all in there. Basically centre+up button at the same time.

Last edited:
Can you just type your details in the internet browser on a smart tv and watch it no problem
Hit or miss. Some tv browsers work well, some work poorly and some don't work at all.

Only way to find out is to try. If you are a VST viewer try logging in and scrolling to the bottom of the home page to the section headed Content for Season Ticket Holders and you should be able to play some of the videos. Navigating on a smart tv is a PITA though.

Make sure you logout when you are done and that you aren't logged in anywhere else, including the App, before you try.

I was logged in and had the holding page and looked all set when my Firestick decided to restart and just keep doing that. I wiggled about with it (I think that's the technical term) and it came back on properly after a few minutes. Signed in again and now watching the pre-match show. :D

Seems to be a lot of Fire TV Stick questions coming up on the thread about the new App.

The new App cannot be sideloaded to Fire TV Stick or NVidia Shield at present. Or, to be more precise, it can be sideloaded but doesn’t then launch.

See post #310 above for some ideas. If TV Bro browser doesn’t appeal then Firefox from Amazon Store seems easier to manage than Silk Browser for RangersTV.

Last edited:
I tried to watch the Antwerp highlights on TV Bro but got the white bar at the bottom of the screen that hid the play button. Tried playing around with it but I find TV Bro awkward to navigate.

Switched to Silk and it worked fine.

We'll see what tomorrow brings. :))

You can side load the RangersTV app onto a fire stick.

Step by step instructions previously listed by @Bishy Bear

Rangers TV App install on fire stick:
  1. Use the downloader app on your fire stick and type in the link below to download the Rangers tv app https://tinyurl.com/y6ejez8p
  2. When download is complete, install app open and check it launches ok then close app. The app will appear stretched as it’s not designed for fire stick however works perfectly fine (and will be full screen for games)
  3. Download and then Install the mouse toggle app using the below links in downloader as before, dependent on which Fire stick/tv device you have: Mouse Toggle 1.11 for Fire TV 1, Fire TV 2, Fire TV Stick 1, Fire TV Stick 2, Fire TV Cube: troypoint.com/mouse Mouse Toggle 1.06 for Fire TV 3, Fire TV Edition: troypoint.com/mouse106
  4. Launch mouse toggle and get familiar with it. (Instructional videos on YouTube)
  5. Open RTV app and login using top left then clicking login and logging in with your account details. You will need to use mouse toggle at all times to navigate the RTV app.
  6. Once logged in, click on fixtures at the top
  7. Then click on today’s game (not live yet), then click “video” when prompted.
  8. The game will launch however you will get an error. Simply click ok twice and the game will begin playing.
  9. Click full screen and the video will go full screen.

Wondered if anyone could help. Followed the above but application won't launch just does nothing. Any help be appreciated as thumbnail there but unsure what else to do

[url=https://postimg.cc/GHsTj9Md][/URL]

[url=https://postimg.cc/xJCcNdJr][/URL]

I tried the latest RTV app last night and it still doesn't work. Firefox loyal tomorrow.

I tried the latest RTV app last night and it still doesn't work. Firefox loyal tomorrow.
Do you mean the App itself doesn’t work for you or the App sideloaded on a Fire TV Stick doesn’t work?

The former can potentially be solved but, as of now, you are correct that the App on Firestick will not launch.

Last edited:
I tried to watch the Antwerp highlights on TV Bro but got the white bar at the bottom of the screen that hid the play button. Tried playing around with it but I find TV Bro awkward to navigate.

Switched to Silk and it worked fine.

We'll see what tomorrow brings. :))
I had another play around today after seeing your post. In TV Bro the centre+up combo is the way to reveal the Play icon from behind the white bar of death on videos. The following is only my experience, might be different for others.

Silk - still a huge pain in the arse getting logged in. Absolute nightmare. Once I managed (see post #310 for the workaround using the Back button that 'sometimes' works) I was unable to use the centre+up button combo to reveal the Play icon behind the white bar of death. It simply scrolled forever, even when I released the buttons, then binned me out. Used to work for me but didn't today, maybe a temporary glitch. If you can get logged in it will work fine for Live matches though, only videos are an issue. And Login process.

Firefox - downloaded this as others had recommended it. Login process works like a dream. No issues at all. I was unable to use the centre+up button combo to reveal the Play icon behind the white bar of death though. Just nothing happened. Again, it will play Live matches fine but videos are a problem due to the white bar of death.

TV Bro - Login process works like a dream. No issues. I was able to use the centre+up button combo to reveal the Play icon behind the white bar of death on videos and I was then able to click on the Full Screen icon to go full screen, which had proved a problem in Silk. I also noticed a change with TV Bro as well. You need to press the Back button to reveal its menu system. When doing that now, in addition to the menu bar at the top, a 'new' menu bar appears at the bottom with the Forwards, Backwards, Home etc buttons. A useful improvement.

In summary, if you are only using the Fire TV Stick to watch live matches then it will work fine using Silk provided you can get logged in. I just found that too frustrating. So if you are only watching live matches I would suggest Firefox (available from the Amazon Store) as a better option than Silk - primarily because the Login process is easier. If you use your Fire TV Stick for both live matches AND videos I remain of the view that TV Bro (which you need to sideload - see post #310 above) is easily the best option. Once you get used to using the Back button on it to reveal the menu its straightforward enough.

Whichever browser you use set a bookmark - and be sure to logout when you are done or you risk the 'too many connections Account Blocked' error when you login to the website or the App on another device.

As far as I know the App can still be sideloaded - but it will NOT launch. Not tried with yesterday's newly released App yet though.

Ha ha. Thought I will download the app on my firestick. Started doing it then remembered new App so thought id better skip a few pages here.

What I've been using to watch games is a HDMI to USB C cable and have my phone plugged into TV. Not perfect but does the job.

Does the app work for Virtual Season tickets? I've been using the link I was sent at beginning of season to watch live.rangers.co.uk

Ha ha. Thought I will download the app on my firestick. Started doing it then remembered new App so thought id better skip a few pages here.

What I've been using to watch games is a HDMI to USB C cable and have my phone plugged into TV. Not perfect but does the job.

Does the app work for Virtual Season tickets? I've been using the link I was sent at beginning of season to watch live.Rangers.co.uk
Yes, the VST viewing is now merged with the 'real' RangersTV website. Just login on either the App or the website and do your thing. Personally I prefer the website to the App but each to their own. If using the App you might need to logout and then login again to see content.

Yes, the VST viewing is now merged with the 'real' RangersTV website. Just login on either the App or the website and do your thing. Personally I prefer the website to the App but each to their own. If using the App you might need to logout and then login again to see content.

Cheers. Ha ha I was arguing with someone the other week when they were moaning about the app that it won't work anyway for VST. Oops

I had another play around today after seeing your post. In TV Bro the centre+up combo is the way to reveal the Play icon from behind the white bar of death on videos. The following is only my experience, might be different for others.

Silk - still a huge pain in the arse getting logged in. Absolute nightmare. Once I managed (see post #310 for the workaround using the Back button that 'sometimes' works) I was unable to use the centre+up button combo to reveal the Play icon behind the white bar of death. It simply scrolled forever, even when I released the buttons, then binned me out. Used to work for me but didn't today, maybe a temporary glitch. If you can get logged in it will work fine for Live matches though, only videos are an issue. And Login process.

Firefox - downloaded this as others had recommended it. Login process works like a dream. No issues at all. I was unable to use the centre+up button combo to reveal the Play icon behind the white bar of death though. Just nothing happened. Again, it will play Live matches fine but videos are a problem due to the white bar of death.

TV Bro - Login process works like a dream. No issues. I was able to use the centre+up button combo to reveal the Play icon behind the white bar of death on videos and I was then able to click on the Full Screen icon to go full screen, which had proved a problem in Silk. I also noticed a change with TV Bro as well. You need to press the Back button to reveal its menu system. When doing that now, in addition to the menu bar at the top, a 'new' menu bar appears at the bottom with the Forwards, Backwards, Home etc buttons. A useful improvement.

In summary, if you are only using the Fire TV Stick to watch live matches then it will work fine using Silk provided you can get logged in. I just found that too frustrating. So if you are only watching live matches I would suggest Firefox (available from the Amazon Store) as a better option than Silk - primarily because the Login process is easier. If you use your Fire TV Stick for both live matches AND videos I remain of the view that TV Bro (which you need to sideload - see post #310 above) is easily the best option. Once you get used to using the Back button on it to reveal the menu its straightforward enough.

Whichever browser you use set a bookmark - and be sure to logout when you are done or you risk the 'too many connections Account Blocked' error when you login to the website or the App on another device.

As far as I know the App can still be sideloaded - but it will NOT launch. Not tried with yesterday's newly released App yet though.

Thanks for the detailed post VB. RTV really do need to get you on board, even as freelance. :D

I signed in fine this morning on Silk, went straight to the game and had the Erskine holding page and countdown.

Bizarrely though, my Firestick restarted itself a couple of times, exactly as it did before last week's game. Quick play around with it and it stayed on. Very strange as the only times that has happened is before Rangers games.

When it came back on, I went straight to Silk and was still logged in so it was just a case a loading the holding page again.

Thanks for the detailed post VB. RTV really do need to get you on board, even as freelance. :D

I signed in fine this morning on Silk, went straight to the game and had the Erskine holding page and countdown.

Bizarrely though, my Firestick restarted itself a couple of times, exactly as it did before last week's game. Quick play around with it and it stayed on. Very strange as the only times that has happened is before Rangers games.

When it came back on, I went straight to Silk and was still logged in so it was just a case a loading the holding page again.
Can't fathom why you have no issues logging in on Silk. Do you leave yourself logged in permanently? I get the dialogue box to enter email and hit Next or whatever it is and get thrown out. Same when I enter my Password. That means using the Back button instead of Next after entering my email. I then have to do the same after entering my Password to get back to the Login button. Mostly it will then work but far too often it then starts a bizarre scroll and then I get a Reload screen. Drives me nuts.

I've been using Firestick all season and using Silk. Up until St Johnstone game it had been fine. Been rank since.

Used Firefox last week and was fine, however today I've just gone with HDMI from laptop to TV. Perfect.

RTV working perfectly on Firestick for me, however I have no VPN on will it cut off at 3pm

I

once again, VB.
My pic doesn’t centre automatically, had to use the FS cursor to move up and there’s ‘Unmute’.
Why is that the default?
I'm inclined to think the picture placement must be a Fire TV Stick setting mate. I've never, ever had to adjust it since the day I setup the Fire TV Stick. I do recall getting walked though a screen setup process when I first fired it up. Late in the day now but maybe, post match, try a reset on the Firestick?

No idea why 'muted' is the default as I just go straight to Full Screen as soon as I load, on any device.

I've been using Firestick all season and using Silk. Up until St Johnstone game it had been fine. Been rank since.

Used Firefox last week and was fine, however today I've just gone with HDMI from laptop to TV. Perfect.
Always the optimum option if you can be bothered with the 'mess'.

I'm inclined to think the picture placement must be a Fire TV Stick setting mate. I've never, ever had to adjust it since the day I setup the Fire TV Stick. I do recall getting walked though a screen setup process when I first fired it up. Late in the day now but maybe, post match, try a reset on the Firestick?

No idea why 'muted' is the default as I just go straight to Full Screen as soon as I load, on any device.
I’ve gone through the picture set up thing, I think. With the four arrowheads?

Can't fathom why you have no issues logging in on Silk. Do you leave yourself logged in permanently? I get the dialogue box to enter email and hit Next or whatever it is and get thrown out. Same when I enter my Password. That means using the Back button instead of Next after entering my email. I then have to do the same after entering my Password to get back to the Login button. Mostly it will then work but far too often it then starts a bizarre scroll and then I get a Reload screen. Drives me nuts.

I always log out to avoid falling foul of the too many logins rule (if that's still a thing since the "upgrade").

I click on the icon near the top right, go to login and it brings up the login page. I have to scroll right to the bottom of that page to get the actual login part, but I put my username and password in and I'm good to go.

Back