Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 20:00 Wednesday - Sky Sports

I don't think you can. You're starting from an adversarial position. It's an immediate dunt of negativity that often snowballs, into 'I told you so'. Besides, there's a massive difference between wanting us to win and supporting the team. I wish people understood that better.
In over 5 decades of watching Rangers, disagreeing with the eleven picked by the manager is a perfectly natural thing for fans to feel before a game. It's based on individual opinions on what is best for the team we love, not about being adversarial towards anyone.

I would have played Matondo tonight instead of Silva. Saying that before kick off in here does nothing negative towards the team, and simply gives a personal opinion. Once the game starts, I'm wanting Silva to score a hat trick and look like a 35m player. I just don't get those who say disagreeing with a team selection makes you negative or less of a fan. It's as much part of the pre match as a pint!

In fact, I worry more about those who never disagree about it.

Not sure what people’s issue is with the team selection.

PC has very little options, loads of the team out sick / injured. The general squad quality and depth is very poor
Lots of issues with the team selection. Sterling should be in the middle, not on the left. Davies could be in there. Goldson should be out the team, even for King. McAusland should be starting as him and Tav work well on the right. Lawrence and Cantwell can't both play on the same team and the former is not a central midfielder. Silva should be rested/dropped.

The fact Roofe is still starting games for us is mind blowing.
I can see the logic. He will be desperate to get into the shop window and he is still probably the most talented striker in Scotland. If he can get a few goals and help us on the way to 56 he will be a legend. Sadly I worry for him on this pitch!

I want 3 points and a proper physical performance.
It’s time we put a team in its place and I’d like it to be tonight.

We have such an imbalance down the left hand side, having Ridvan injured has really affected the team. It's not Sterling's fault it's not his position and Borna is just awful and with Silva ahead of him it just doesn't work.

Dundee are parking the bus here imo. Trudged night on a tatty field with a low block incoming.

Will need patience and grit, let's see what they can do.
Definitely not. They've got a free hit tonight, riding the crest of the top six wave, wanting to put us in our place after the animosity the last few weeks, looking to take advantage of our fragility from the weekend. They'll probably go for us more than ever.

I would rather see Sterling beside Lundstram but here's hoping that he gets up and supports Silva to good effect.
Tav should stick to being cautious. Lawrence has been terrible last two games and isn't up to covering a lot of ground.
Roofe.

Thumbs are really important, I mean there's a whole evolutionary explanation as to why they're so important, that I could give, but it would be a waste of time.

If the doctors/surgeons have told him he can't play because it could impact him in the future, then it's not really our business to sit here and demand he should be playing.
No, you’re right, it’s absolute none of our business.

I can see the logic. He will be desperate to get into the shop window and he is still probably the most talented striker in Scotland. If he can get a few goals and help us on the way to 56 he will be a legend. Sadly I worry for him on this pitch!

Based on what, though? He doesn't play enough to justify such a remark.

It demonstrates how bad the squad is when people are reciting this.

Definitely not. They've got a free hit tonight, riding the crest of the top six wave, wanting to put us in our place after the animosity the last few weeks, looking to take advantage of our fragility from the weekend. They'll probably go for us more than ever.
To add to that ,a rancid bheast for a manager.

Any energy and athleticism we could have in midfield is tonight at LB cause Borna has the heart of a dead field mouse.

Deflated loyal
I can't see where Davies is. Has he downed tools? He goes into LB and Sterling then helps protect the midfielder and drive us on.

Also does Clement not trust youngsters or is it a sorry indicament of how poor our development was? The likes of Rice, Yfeko, King I could have seen helping us at this stage.

The hypocrisy of Borna being bombed out because he has no future yet Roofe (surely off in the summer) starts tonight just shows we are still being impacted by injuries/availability. Ridvan and Diomande are significant absences for us.

For what it’s worth I’m all for selecting the strongest 11 available, and I don’t see many better options at our disposal right now. Not that up for picking youngsters or those short of match practice at this point,

3-0 Rangers with 2 for Roofe is my shout.

Sterling always looks awkward at LB to me, so the fact he's been selected before Borna, may suggest the latter has kicked his last ball for Rangers.

Sad end to his Rangers career if so.

Bornas Rangers career went on 3 years to long imo.

He was great for 18 months a real positive asset to team he then went into safe mode for 3 years.

Sterling at LB doesn't work IMO. Makes the defense really unbalanced.
Would Davies at LD not be a better shout? If he's on the bench... he can play.

Could then have had Sterling start in midfield where, IMO, he is strongest.
It doesn't work with Borna. He doesn't tackle or cut out crosses. Deserved to be dropped but so do several others.

It really sums Barasic up that on a night where we desperately need Sterling in the middle of the park he's having to play left back because Borna is so pathetic.

Lots of issues with the team selection. Sterling should be in the middle, not on the left. Davies could be in there. Goldson should be out the team, even for King. McAusland should be starting as him and Tav work well on the right. Lawrence and Cantwell can't both play on the same team and the former is not a central midfielder. Silva should be rested/dropped.
/sent back

We need a reaction tonight from these players and I’ll think we’ll get it. They should be hurting and bursting to get on that pitch and write the wrongs of Sunday.
Rangers 3-1, Roofe, Sima & Cantwell

In over 5 decades of watching Rangers, disagreeing with the eleven picked by the manager is a perfectly natural thing for fans to feel before a game. It's based on individual opinions on what is best for the team we love, not about being adversarial towards anyone.

I would have played Matondo tonight instead of Silva. Saying that before kick off in here does nothing negative towards the team, and simply gives a personal opinion. Once the game starts, I'm wanting Silva to score a hat trick and look like a 35m player. I just don't get those who say disagreeing with a team selection makes you negative or less of a fan. It's as much part of the pre match as a pint!

In fact, I worry more about those who never disagree about it.
I'd have gone for Rabbi aswell. Agree with everything you've said.

The hypocrisy of Borna being bombed out because he has no future yet Roofe (surely off in the summer) starts tonight just shows we are still being impacted by injuries/availability. Ridvan and Diomande are significant absences for us.

For what it’s worth I’m all for selecting the strongest 11 available, and I don’t see many better options at our disposal right now. Not that up for picking youngsters or those short of match practice at this point,

3-0 Rangers with 2 for Roofe is my shout.

I think Borna's last few performances have shown the manager where his head is at. Roofe, at the very least, knows he needs to show something heading into next season, or he'll be without a club and a wage for potentially months. Borna has had the luxury of playing regularly these past few seasons and doesn't have Roofe's injury record.

Manager is at the 'throw it at the wall and hope it sticks' stage with some of that selection.

Not blaming him either but christ on a bike our squad is an unmitigated shambles right now. An utter mess all over the pitch bar goalkeeper.
I think Ridvan coming back will solve a couple of issues - but of course no one knows when that will be.

Manager is at the 'throw it at the wall and hope it sticks' stage with some of that selection.

Not blaming him either but christ on a bike our squad is an unmitigated shambles right now. An utter mess all over the pitch bar goalkeeper.

I think he should be showing a little more pragmatism, though. He's refusing to address the midfield. This is about hoping an individual comes up with a moment rather than a collective team effort to grind out a result.

Matondo and McCausland would have given us width with pace and both can track back.
Dont mind Roofe starting and hopefully he will show what he can do and that is score in the penalty area. Lawrance and Lundy will slow us down unless they have been told to start moving quickly and get the ball forward.

Zero balance in that team obviously down to injuries but every outfield player tonight is strongly right footed.
But we've better players than them and should win, but I said the same on Sunday.

Back