Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 20:00 Wednesday - Sky Sports

We have a clinical, match-winning left winger for the first time in what feels like forever.

And we shunt him out on the right expecting the same output from him.

Play Sima in his position and fit everyone else around him. He is levels above his teammates.

Manager is at the 'throw it at the wall and hope it sticks' stage with some of that selection.

Not blaming him either but christ on a bike our squad is an unmitigated shambles right now. An utter mess all over the pitch bar goalkeeper.
Our squad management has been an absolute mess since we won 55, and that was nearly three years ago.

Wilson and Beale have a lot to answer for.

i would have prefered Sima through the middle,
just cant see Roofe offering much up front and womder how many mins he will actually last on that pitch

I'm not keen on that Lundstram and Lawrence midfield 2 combo.

Dundee look like they're going to play 5 across the midfield so real danger we get overrun. We were so easy to play through on Sunday and it can't happen again.

I worry that Lundstram will go and sit in line with the centre-halves while Cantwell and Lawrence get forward, with about 60 yards between the lines.

I really thought Raskin would come in tonight but Clement must just not fancy him.

Lots of issues with the team selection. Sterling should be in the middle, not on the left. Davies could be in there. Goldson should be out the team, even for King. McAusland should be starting as him and Tav work well on the right. Lawrence and Cantwell can't both play on the same team and the former is not a central midfielder. Silva should be rested/dropped.
Go on then pep, what would you have done.

Davies - Empty jersey
King - not good enough
Raskin - has been poor

There is no one on that bench better than what’s on the park.

McCausland has been unlucky and I would assume maybe still nursing a knock.

Team looks as strong as you could make it with who PC has available .

I would agree all day everyday with you that there is many in that starting 11 who are not good enough but I am struggling to see how else the manager could have played ahead of them

Has illness it’s not an injury
Davies or King should have come in to relieve Goldson and partner Souttar. We haven't really fixed much from the weekend. We just seem to have tossed a coin and it's landed on Lawrence this time and not Dowell. Silva....again ???

I think Borna's last few performances have shown the manager where his head is at. Roofe, at the very least, knows he needs to show something heading into next season, or he'll be without a club and a wage for potentially months. Borna has had the luxury of playing regularly these past few seasons and doesn't have Roofe's injury record.
I don’t disagree mate. It was probably more to the point that a fully fit and firing Ridvan and Danilo (for example) may have resulted in totally different selections.

Appreciate its a squad game but not having our strongest 11 or full squad available for consistent stretches of this season has been particularly brutal. And it continues tonight.

Despite his injuries I’m actually huge Roofe fan. He has a knack of stepping up when it really matters. So I’m hopeful of that trend continuing.

Normally I would say before any game I would accept a 1-0 win, but after the last month, it has to be a statement win. Not easy under the circumstances, but it needs to be drubbing tonight

Pitch doesn’t look too bad .
IMG-2003.jpg

Dundee look like they're going to play 5 across the midfield so real danger we get overrun. We were so easy to play through on Sunday and it can't happen again.
As long as Lundstram holds and Lawrence probes and it allowed to drift forward, it works. If they are both holding, I agree with you.

We’ve been getting overrun in midfield quite a lot recently. I don’t know why we have to constantly play 4-2-3-1.

I’ve thought the same at times but the majority of his passing and final ball has been honking
Not sure about his final ball but his first involvement v Celtic set the tone for 45 mins. His first pass v Ross County was a backward pass the width of the park that went straight out for a throw.

If we start off nervously, Dundee will smell blood, and it will be a long night.

Time to stand up and be counted for the team tonight. Get into them.

I think this could be a real problem for us, with neither Lawrence nor Lundstram known ball winners.

tbh I also wonder about all the talk about "Thank goodness Roofe is starting instead of Dessers" -- not wanting to be unduly harsh but I hardly noticed Roofe when he came on for us the other day.

And is BB the big problem with our back four ? Is he the weak link ? You'd certainly think so.
And yet if we had the chance to play Yilmaz on the left of that back four, do you think we'd NOT have the usual calamities from the rest of them ?

As another poster noted, by now, in this situation, we should be seeing at least one other youngster stepping up into that squad. Quite depressing that there's no sign of it.

Thought we were getting Robertson tonight but it now looks as if that wasn't even enough for the SFA.

It's Father Clancy!!!!

I think I'll just watch Man City tonight.

Back