Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 20:00 Wednesday - Sky Sports

Our midfield has been poor. All 3 off the pace. Would be nice to bring Sterling in but not worth bringing on Borna
Certainly is worth it. Midfield been posted missing and been woeful. Our only player with drive and determination at the moment is Sterling and he's being wasted out left. We win this game from MF, not from LB

Continuing to play Dujon Sterling at left back will have me seriously doubting Mr Clement going forward.

Everything we need in midfield is being wasted covering at left back.

Completely agree. It’s absolutely killing us.

Sterling is doing ok but him being in there is affecting the balance of the team, and is resulting in us playing an immobile shambles of a midfield.

Take the hit and get a left footer at left back and play Sterling where he can impact the game best ffs.

If the gaffer doesn’t solve the hole in midfield this 2nd half then he is lost and part of the problem. What’s to lose, get Sterling moved to midfield FFS and get Sima over to the left.

What has happened to the manager being ruthless? I remember him taking Cantwell off after about 30 mins and we were all buzzing because here was someone who was taking no shit. Now players can stroll around giving minimum effort and stay on the park.

The jersey is too big for most of these players. They can't cope with the expectations of being at Rangers and we've seen this all before. A huge second half here but I can't say I'm confident. Prove me wrong Rangers!

We need to implement a policy where players who get injured and break down more than a set amount of times are moved on and replaced.

I said days ago that they asked the fans to get behind the team and the fans did it, these players had a good chance of winning the league and treble and were in the driving seat, they got what should be a wake-up call from Motherwell and got away with it. None of those things made any difference and got these players fired up, didn't even move the needle a little - there is absolutely nothing that can done or offered to the majority of these players, we get zero reaction from them time and time again. 7/8 games to go and they throw in the towel, I mean c'mon to %^*& - what kind of team and players do that?

Go in at halftime after that dross, what can Clement do - they don't do what he tells them. trying to push another manager out the door, maybe Clement has said some hurty words to them and they aren't trying again.
Yes I have to say the fans up in Dundee have given this team tremendous support.
Those UB boys get a great workout every game - exhausting for me.

Completely agree. It’s absolutely killing us.

Sterling is doing ok but him being in there is affecting the balance of the team, and is resulting in us playing an immobile shambles of a midfield.

Take the hit and get a left footer at left back and play Sterling where he can impact the game best ffs.
Barisic sitting on the bench and Sterling at left back is madness. Sure, Barisic has checked out, but we just need Sterling in that midfield.

First half it's like we are a mid table team nothing to lose and nothing to fight for! Wake up guys FFS!

He can only change things with the players we have. The players are to blame for this total collapse. And just at the point in the season where they need to show some steel
Not the managers fault that this lot don’t have one pair of cohones between them
Gutless
Beale inherited a pile of crap from Gio and had a better record in the league in his first season with same amount of games and actually with a good few of the players starting tonight. Fed up with the thou-shall-not criticise the manager narrative. He picks the team, the tactics and must motivate them to get results. 3-3 at home to the scum, beat of Ross County and they're playing the same tonight in must win matches

there’s little fight or movement what I see and our passing is rotten. Over hit, under hit, waist hieght, too far behind, too far in front, to the wrong area - passing is just not where it should be. Also anytime opposition get the ball they tend to have time for a touch or two get head up and see what’s next for them. It’s pathetic.

As OP said what’s happened? Is this the usual from the players get manager sacked, pick it up for a bit so looks like manager was issue, then just start trotting about and not caring again! It’s ridiculous! Tav and Goldson should realise they can either go down as legends or for most people they won’t get near anyone’s “dream team” or legends status, it’ll always be a yeah but couldn’t be counted on when it mattered.

We have no left back. We have a defence that has been undone up teen times with aimless punts up the park. We have one fit striker who needs seven or eight chances to score one goal. I think the fact we got back into it was a bit of good fortune. We had a decent run while that mob had a bad one. It’s now back to normal. Too many sub standard players all over the pitch. In the long run that shows eventually.

I am wondering if we should let him go and give Sterling RDM instead.

He has more bite and would provide cover and assist Tav more, give us more drive from DM and free up a wage.

Much to contemplate with these players.

Dundee would be best just getting their goal early in this half so we can all just %^*& off and do something else with our night.

Back