Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 20:00 Wednesday - Sky Sports

Wheres the mentality gone in this squad? Totally different team the last 2 games, you’d think bringing it back to 3-3 the way we did vs them would have motivated them. What is Tav actually good for other than penalties??? Zero leadership from him and the rest of the senior players!!!

Think am going to stop watching Rangers until after the summer. Just better for the health because that was utterly pathetic. Absolutely piss poor. Everyone involved with the club should be absolutely ashamed of the last two performances.
I’m feeling the same. Won’t be back until next season, I’ve paid my money, but I’m not wasting my time.

This squad loves an excuse to hide behind - Sunday it was ‘training was interrupted’, tonight it will be ‘awful pitch’. What would motivate a team of men, is nothing more than a reason not to bother their arse for this lot.

Problem is that we lack the finances to rebuild the squad.

Don’t know how we can replace all of those who don’t deserve to be at Rangers
Lack of finance or selling Butland. Whilst those bastards trouser the loot. The gap widens and we are moaning the same way this time next Feb / Mar / Apr or whenever our players decide they’ve tried enough.

Has anyone ever really seen, 'A fart in a blizzard'? I just have, several of them, Dessers, Dowell, Silva, Roofe et al playing for us.

They should never pull on our famous kit again. This comes from a supporter since 1963-64 season and I thought that I had seen it all.

First 0-0 in 147 league games, they said on Sky.
First loss to Ross County at the weekend.

These players just keep breaking the worst records.

I just think no matter who manager is these players will eventually let you down, they are capable of good results here and there but we've seen year on year when it comes to the business end of the season. Beale then added added garbage in Dessers, injury merchants in roofe, Jack, Lawrence. What can you do
PC picks them JL is totally of form I am a bricklayer and I can see that but our top class manager can't alarm bells

His record is just as bad, players he brought in r shite and don’t want to play as he might hurt his sore finger, no balance in the team, no style a play, that’s his job and he’s failed miserably
The serial losers are to blame not the manager. He puts them on the field with instructions and trusts them to do a job and they don't give him the effort required and shite themselves when under pressure.

Raskin has been dire most of the season when not injured, Davies is just not good enough, Borna... just no...

our best LB is injured, out RB is untouchable but can't defend for toffee, Goldson just looks done, his partner at CH doesn't look good enough, our midfield is non existent when Lundstrum is in this form, our strikers are gen just not good enough, the rest are injured...

Go 3-5-2 then or try something different that fits the players we have. Instead it’s the same mind numbing tactics we have watched for years. Genuinely how many time have you actually been entertained watching rangers since gerrard left ?

The same players have done the same fucking about with GVB and to a lesser extent the Fraud.

They are a disgrace to the jersey and if the Manager doesn’t see this and sort it out it’s on him when they get him sacked as well.

These losers are giving two fingers to the support as well.

Celtic could (they won’t) collapse and we could (we definitely won’t) win this title and I still would not want many of these fuckers here next year.

They are not losers, bottlers or what ever. Maybe 5 are good enough. Two or three flatter to deceive, and several should be nowhere near Ibrox.

Soutar was good tonight, Butland could have brought a deck chair, the rest should practice 5 yard passes without taking three touches and having the receiver is in the wrong space.

Someone summed it up perfectly for me: "It's the hope that kills you" How many times the past few seasons do we as a support dread what team turns up. Have been a season ticket for over 45 years and will always love the club, but it's soul-destroying how we capitulate in a so-called title run-in. Where's the "fire in the belly" and desire to "win ugly"?

The serial losers are to blame not the manager. He puts them on the field with instructions and trusts them to do a job and they don't give him the effort required and shite themselves when under pressure.

Which is fine but he then plays them again the next day and expects something different to happen.

Warning signs were there after the Motherwell game last month, though I thought that that result was just a blip. How wrong was I? Only one win in 5 league games against a pish poor Hibs side. F*****g pathetic.

Difficult to find something positive to comment on but Butland and Souttar were passable and I would cut a bit of slack to Roofe who showed some decent control when the ball came to him - maybe he’ll be able to contribute more when he builds a bit of match fitness.

Why are we setting up and playing teams in the bottom half of this shit league like we are playing away in the later rounds of Europe.
Yes. we don’t have a good enough squad but this is totally embarrassing.
Thanks to this bunch once again summer looks shit.

I can't believe we've let them win this league. I can accept a lack of ability but that's not what the issue is here. These players are just an absolute shower of bottle merchants with no mettle whatsoever

Prepared to give the manager the benefit of the doubt here, but if we are lining up next season with Tavernier, Goldson, Lundstram, Lawrence, Dowell, Dessers, Matondo etc then he will also deserve the sack when the league looks gone in October/November

He'd be sending a big message on the final day of the season playing nothing but the B team as I suspect the league won't be going down to the last day
No - it’s everything to do with a lack of ability. No lack of effort tonight . They are just not very good
Team selection was poor but bringing on Dessers Matondo and Dowell actually made us worse
Even on our good run we were never really good just better than the shite we were up against week in week out. One result in Spain does not a good side make - just a fluke

Sterling was wank tonight. People won’t want a bad word said about him as he isn’t Lawrence or Lundstrum but he was shite

Well, not quite as fecking draining as the Ross Co game, but as others have said, if that's the outfield first team players reacting to that last defeat, they should all be considered expendable.

Although we had the usual moments of panic in defence, for a change that wasn't our worst area (although Dundee were quite dreadful tbh).

Our midfield and forwards never really looked as if they were going to score at all (Dessers's chance aside).

Even with three minutes on the clock, we were pi**ng about with the ball at the back.
No urgency, do drive, no grit, no guts.
In fact it's the same problem we saw against Ross Co -- NOBODY on the pitch who is pushing the team onwards.
That's the role of the Captain and it's not being done.
However, other experienced players could also be stepping up and raising their voices -- they're either not ar*ed to do it, or have been told not to do it. It's a strange one.

Playing Sterling at LB is an experiment that has backfired -- and that's on Clement.
"He has no choice" -- aye he does -- put Sterling into midfield or on the right and you're being proactive: you're giving Dundee a problem to think about.
Stick Sterling at LB and you're being reactive instead -- we're genuinely playing what most of us consider our first pick in midfield well out of position, because of Dundee. ffs.

The penny must finally drop that our 'leadership group' is devoid of leaders. That's 4 managers they've let down now. The squad needs gutted in summer. We cannot go into next season with the current captain and vice-captain still in place. And much of what's around them needs shifted too. Considering what was at stake, that was a fukn disgrace.

lets be honest here, another 5-10 minutes played tonight and it would be dundee scoring not us and that tells us a lot,same on Sunday scored on 88 mins had 7 mins added time and never looked likely

I’m sick of these players
The board better come up with the funds in the summer
Or it’ll just prove to me they are happy with being 2nd best

So there you have it.

With another draw, that’s Clements record at 26-6-4. Beale over the same number of games was 27-4-5. Funny, it seemed like it was progress. I guess we have a League Cup.

And he plays them again next time?
He needs some statement dropping of players. So we can at least hang on to the fact he's seeing what we're seeing. If he plays the untouchables, keeps the untouchables he'll be out of a job. Really as simple as that.

The senior players are serial runners up.

Middle to front we have no quality or style of play whatsoever.

Completely collapsed since losing Cortes & Diomonde.
and, most importantly, our only decent left back. The spectre of Borna hangs over us - too weak to even do his job when required.

Well, not quite as fecking draining as the Ross Co game, but as others have said, if that's the outfield first team players reacting to that last defeat, they should all be considered expendable.

Although we had the usual moments of panic in defence, for a change that wasn't our worst area (although Dundee were quite dreadful tbh).

Our midfield and forwards never really looked as if they were going to score at all (Dessers's chance aside).

Even with three minutes on the clock, we were pi**ng about with the ball at the back.
No urgency, do drive, no grit, no guts.
In fact it's the same problem we saw against Ross Co -- NOBODY on the pitch who is pushing the team onwards.
That's the role of the Captain and it's not being done.
However, other experienced players could also be stepping up and raising their voices -- they're either not ar*ed to do it, or have been told not to do it. It's a strange one.

Playing STreling at LB is an experiment that has backfired -- and that's on Clement.
"He has no choice" -- aye he does -- put Sterling into midfield or on the right and you're being proactive: you're giving Dundee a problem to think about.
Stick Sterling at LB and you're being reactive instead -- we're genuinely playing what most of us consider our first pick in midfield well out of position, because of Dundee. ffs.
I don’t know, that last ten minutes with the lack of urgency and the inability from anyone to make even a five yard pass has my blood pressure raised.

That was the most pathetic inept fucking shit I have seen from a team chasing a title. We looked we were playing a dead rubber.

This will not change until we either get extremely lucky with signings and injuries or find a load of money somewhere.

Back