Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 20:00 Wednesday - Sky Sports

Bloody hell Phil have you been licking the Dundee pitch? Delusional stuff. Midfield absent, attack flaccid. Defence, desperate. Energy levels low. Must have been watching another game I think.

Gio, Beale and now PC

see a pattern here?

hint it's the players...

Sick of seeing this. The manager is hugely responsible for this capitulation, regardless of personnel available.

Fat Ange went in to Celtic and implemented his style of play before he even knew the players names. Put his stamp on the team instantly. He was playing dross like Ralston as an inverted full back.

Clement has been here 6 months and there are no patterns of play, no combinations, and nothing to suggest he is attempting to implement any style of play. Hoofball.

Exonerating him of any blame is ridiculous.

Bald Beale doesn't get a pass tonight either. That's him same points as Beale. Players downed tools like Beale, just with more sweat from pointless movement. Altogether a shocking gutless series of games. Sunday I'm supporting Rangers my team but most of these players aren't Rangers class

Manager trying to defend the players in public. I hope behind closed doors he will rip into them. The dressing room cabal has to change now. Time to show balls gaffer and drop the big three dressing room “ leaders”. If you don’t they will get you the sack like your last two predecessors.

Bloody hell Phil have you been licking the Dundee pitch? Delusional stuff. Midfield absent, attack flaccid. Defence, desperate. Energy levels low. Must have been watching another game I think.

We are all in with the players we've got. He can hardly throw them under the bus at this stage if he has any hopes of dragging something out of them.

Their keeper had one save, from Dessers which was a good effort but a comfortable save. I can get some deflection and self protection with a semifinal coming up but these players need a message. I hope it happens in private.

Well if we didn't throw away the title on Sunday, we sure as hell did tonight

After years of being miles off winning it I'm absolutely gutted we've surrendered it with such a whimper when we finally made it to April still in contention.

I dont know what went wrong but self-belief has to be high up the list of reasons. You can see it in our players when the pressure is on. Its always the safe pass, always back to the defender. Even when they do try something positive it is so lacking in belief it is often over hit or misplaced.

Yes, injuries played a part, as did our former manager leaving us with a handfull of duds for the entire transfer kitty and nothing to spend in the January window

However, belief is at the core of our failure. When this core group of players gets close they choke. We saw it Seville and we've seen it again this week

I just hope we can find the funds this summer to build a new spine of the team made of winners

Tav
Goldson
Soutter
Borna
Lundstrum
Lawrence
Dowell
Raskin
Dessers
Matondo
Silva

And probably more who are so shite I've forgotten about them. Get that lot so far to f*ck in the summer or we'll be stuck on this rut forever
Sima will be away as well. No chance we’ll be able to afford him.

Midfield has been shocking in last month or so. We been wide open and defence cannot cope. Sterling should be in midfield. I thought Soutar only decent player tonight.

Ok he can’t throw the players under the bus. Big game coming I get it but he needs to keep at least one foot in reality. Tonight wasn’t good enough, we were as far from unlucky as we are from Man City.

Had them on the ropes and when it came to the business end of the season. Capitulation!! :(

I had to suffer Radio Scotland as my link was down.

Thankfully (!) reconnected after 50 minutes.

%^*&'s sake! Goldson. Honestly, I see a lot of junior football these days and any centre - back at that level would be embarrassed at those attempts at a forward pass.

Clement saying it was just bad luck . He was happy with structure. FFS
If he did say that and is happy with how we played and structure id be worried, he wants to be careful how he speaks from now on in, the honeymoon period is well n truly over, I believe most bears have had their fill of the bollocks being spoken by Phil and his captain.

When the chips are down the so called leaders go missing. Not one player was angry tonight, no one pushing the team forward and the apathy they show is an insult to us fans!
Exactly this. Not a single sign of anger, hands on hips not giving a %^*&

The manager has no role play? Tonight there was no forward movement, and no real variation in our play that tested the limits of the Dundee defence, and absolutely no creativity. Silva, Cantwell, Roofe, Lawrence, and Soma, against Dundee, and the manager gets a free pass on a distinct lack of creativity with those players in the team? Cantwell is a 10, Sterling is not a left back, play Sterling in midfield alongside Lundstram, with the added benefit of allowing Lundstram to play like he does when Diomande or Jack are fit; even that would be better than this tonight. This manager has responsibility for these performances, it is not all on the players.
So it’s just a coincidence that the exact same thing has happened with the past two managers?

A few weeks ago we where saying how great we where playing, the manager was winning manger of the month awards..

Now it’s the managers fault that our ‘team’ have bottled it!

Maybe in a few years when a certain few players are long gone, some will realise that we relied on them to much, and they went missing far to often..

Pick a settled 11 and stop this rotation Bullshit.
He is as much to blame I mean playing Dowell last Sunday and not playing Davies tonight so our best player can play in midfield.
He has questions to answer.
OK mate but what are you suggesting horsing him out and getting another Beale in? Give him a chance to clear that squad of absolute dross first then judge him fully. Those players don't want it enough to win titles

Too early to judge with this crop of players but there are red flags there for me.
Yeah same here mate,I think it's just because we have seen this movie too may times before,my sons under 13 team showed more grit and determination tonight than well paid footballers who obviously have no stomach for a fight.
Utterly scunnered

You'd think they'd come out all guns blazing tonight after the weekend shit show.

They simply aren't capable of it.

We can't handle teams pressing us and we don't seem capable of pressing inferior teams.
That's about it Shengus.
It seems like the opposition have a given right to press us into submission and we do f.uck all about it.
I expect ( demand ) an honest Rangers team to be at it all over the park.....sickening.

Sick of seeing this. The manager is hugely responsible for this capitulation, regardless of personnel available.

Fat Ange went in to Celtic and implemented his style of play before he even knew the players names. Put his stamp on the team instantly. He was playing dross like Ralston as an inverted full back.

Clement has been here 6 months and there are no patterns of play, no combinations, and nothing to suggest he is attempting to implement any style of play. Hoofball.

Exonerating him of any blame is ridiculous.
Ok sack him, who you bringing in? He will be gone in 6 months to a year..

PC was winning plaudits with the fans and manager of the months not to long ago..

Now it’s ’its all his fault’

I guess we get what we deserve eh?

It is but he has a massive squad. You’re not telling me that raskin shouldn’t play instead of lundstram. And why not put Davies at left back to get Sterling in midfield. He is showing he doesn’t have a clue
There are for sure 'signs".
If Ridvan was fit and started...would we have seen Sterling in midfield?
If Balogun was fit, would we have seen him maybe come in to freshen things up?

I suspect not.
The team at the weekend is gonna tell us quite a lot.

When the chips are down the so called leaders go missing. Not one player was angry tonight, no one pushing the team forward and the apathy they show is an insult to us fans!
but but but , pppphhh angry? the captain leads by example, captain fantastic! digs us oota games! :rolleyes:

Managers interview was embarrassing. We are Rangers fans, we are not stupid, don’t treat us with so much disrespect Phil. One thing I thought about him was that he was straight, honest and had the balls to make tough decisions. I don’t expect him to throw them under the bus but he needs to be credible when addressing Rangers fans let down yet again by the same players.

One thing making tonight more difficult is seeing how many of this squad have absolutely no resale value. Tav will be 33 next season, Goldson 32, Lawrence 31 by January and persistently injured, Dowell injury prone. Davies only able to be sold for a loss, same with Lammers and Dessers. Wright, worthless. King, never matured, either loan or peanuts fee. This summer is going to be a challenge. Butland will have some value but then selling him could be a risk or a nightmare.

Back