Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 20:00 Wednesday - Sky Sports

Ok sack him, who you bringing in? He will be gone in 6 months to a year..

PC was winning plaudits with the fans and manager of the months not to long ago..

Now it’s ’its all his fault’

I guess we get what we deserve eh?

1. No one said sack him.

2. I don’t know, I’m not the director of football.

3. No one said it’s all his fault. I said he needs to take responsibility as the manager of Rangers Football Club, for which he is paid handsomely for the privelege, for his evident failings and his part in our capitulation.

The desire to completely absolve him of any blame is bizarre, as is his team selection, substitutions and style of play.

So it’s just a coincidence that the exact same thing has happened with the past two managers?

A few weeks ago we where saying how great we where playing, the manager was winning manger of the month awards..

Now it’s the managers fault that our ‘team’ have bottled it!

Maybe in a few years when a certain few players are long gone, some will realise that we relied on them to much, and they went missing far to often..
Theres a lack of off the ball movement, lack of creativity, and the static defending at times is shambolic. Anyway, this should be my last post for a while, because it's obvious that unless it's all on the players then there is no room for any criticism elsewhere. We have players who should have enough to win the last two games, and have dropped 5 points in the process; the manager has to have some responsibility for that.

1. No one said sack him.

3. No one said it’s all his fault. I said he needs to take responsibility as the manager of Rangers Football Club, for which he is paid handsomely for the privelege, for his evident failings and his part in our capitulation.

The desire to completely absolve him of any blame is bizarre, as is his team selection, substitutions and style of play.
Exactly.

A mate informed me tonight that the French media’s assessment of Clement’s time at Monaco was a team who started well, looked the part, then inexplicably fell away, lost their shape, and ultimately lost their way.

Now granted, that happened over a far greater period of time compared to how long he’s been here, but if that’s true … it’s concerning.

A mate informed me tonight that the French media’s assessment of Clement’s time at Monaco was a team who started well, looked the part, then inexplicably fell away, lost their shape, and ultimately lost their way.

Now granted, that happened over a far greater period of time compared to how long he’s been here, but if that’s true … it’s concerning.

Did he cc you in on the articles?

The team have been awful since the Motherwell defeat

We did great to get a draw being 0-2 at HT at Ibrox v the scum

Ross county we were shite

Dundee we created very little and overall tonight the team was shite

The manager must see there are too many underachievers and we need a clear out

Hopefully Koppen can do a good job and shift a lot of this squad and bring in new players and get rid of the shit

Too many passengers tonight

The team have been awful since the Motherwell defeat

We did great to get a draw being 0-2 at HT at Ibrox v the scum

Ross county we were shite

Dundee we created very little and overall tonight the team was shite

The manager must see there are too many underachievers and we need a clear out

Hopefully Koppen can do a good job and shift a lot of this squad and bring in new players and get rid of the shit

Too many passengers tonight
True. Haven’t played well since 5-0 Hearts. Two wins v Hibs were still concerning. Killie felt like a massive dug out win and we suddenly had bottle. But alas they returned to being shitebags.

From the euphoria I was feeling on the morning of 7 April, to the despair I feel on the evening of 17 April.
A short spell that has seen my dreams of #56 crash and burn. I’m absolutely scunnered.
We had a fantastic February and a very poor March. April has been horrendous so far, and is likely to get worse.

We have been dire since that defeat to Motherwell at Ibrox.. I’m beginning to think something happened before that game within the squad, before it we looked in good form

We’re dire a long time before that. We were rancid against st Johnstone away and followed it up with a shambolic 45 mins against killie the following week. So easy to set up against as we play with no width or pace

Middle to front was an absolute abomination, Sima, Silva, Roofe, Cantwell, Lawrence, Lundstram, absolute dugmeat every single one of them, then we have The Charge of the Shite Brigade Dessers, Matondo and Dowell, I thought I was tripping watching it at times.

We are a team of cereal losers. Sickening. I honestly think I’ll take a sicky tomorrow. Been lapping up their poor form and as per usual it’s come back to bite me on the arse.

So gutttes

Tav, goldon and souttar are hopeless

It's serial ffs
When was the last time we had winners in our team? We have always had someone who would die for the jersey, name one now?
John Brown, Ian Ferguson, Prso, Butcher, Hateley, Gough, Albertz, Barry Ferguson, Cooper, John Grieg even They never shat it when going got tough. I'm only mentioning a few of the above. There is noone in this team who will ever be a Ranger legend and most of them have been there long enough to establish themselves into that category but they will always be remembered as losers.

Too many injuries, and then some of the ones that aren't injured are complete shite.

Dessers upfront says it all, having to play Scott wright, putting Lawrence in that hasn't played a game in months.

Well if we didn't throw away the title on Sunday, we sure as hell did tonight

After years of being miles off winning it I'm absolutely gutted we've surrendered it with such a whimper when we finally made it to April still in contention.

I dont know what went wrong but self-belief has to be high up the list of reasons. You can see it in our players when the pressure is on. Its always the safe pass, always back to the defender. Even when they do try something positive it is so lacking in belief it is often over hit or misplaced.

Yes, injuries played a part, as did our former manager leaving us with a handfull of duds for the entire transfer kitty and nothing to spend in the January window

However, belief is at the core of our failure. When this core group of players gets close they choke. We saw it Seville and we've seen it again this week

I just hope we can find the funds this summer to build a new spine of the team made of winners
Way I feel 100% players don’t deserve the backing they get from support and tbf the club. I am sick of watching guys who can’t meet the basic requirements of being a Ranger degrade our great club. At the point of don’t want to watch Tav Goldson and Lundstrum any more I would describe them as cowards and must not represent us anymore thanks for your service but time is up.
Clement needs to underr re stand the demands the club brings and ensure that players we get in the summer are first and foremost mentally strong enough to perform week in week out under that pressure.

Cannot wait to get into my bed.

@falkirkbear got up on the bus home and started singing absent friends it was that bad
Slept all the way home, raging with that tonight, lying in bed now and put the post match press conference on, lasted as long as Dundee's first chance on goal tonight and switched it back off.

On nightshift mode too having just finished 5 on the bounce so still wide awake!

Slept all the way home, raging with that tonight, lying in bed now and put the post match press conference on, lasted as long as Dundee's first chance on goal tonight and switched it back off.

On nightshift mode too having just finished 5 on the bounce so still wide awake!
I’m not watching that until maybe tomorrow given the texts and how people on the bus reacted to it mate

I know it'll have been said, but I couldn't bring myself to come on here after spunking the league essentially. But at one point, when trying to break down a low block, and susceptible to counter attack, we had a midfield 3 of Lundstram, Dowell, and Lawrence. How can we expect to win anything with a midfield devoid of energy, legs, creativity, aggression, desire? Its heartbreaking watching these guys bumbling from one pass to the next. Under weighted, mis directed, bobbling, shitehawks of passes, every time one of our midfield touches the ball. I don't understand how guys who practice football every day, can be so utterly shite at football.

1. No one said sack him.

Clement....?

What ever is said and what ever people think, he will never turn this or any other Rangers team around.

People can mince around avoiding this issue but the facts are that he has been in charge and we have suffered A MONUMENTAL COLLAPSE and he is the guy responsible.

This is just business and nothing else.
In footballing terms, he has won a nothing trophy and lost the Crown Jewels.

Bottom line is that if you want to change things, make changes, consequently, he has got to go.

Until he does, expect more of the same.

The reality is that result didnt really surprise anyone, did it?
I said it on the pre match thread that I was very uneasy about this game and I was correct, I just can’t understand why we in 5 games or so we have imploded, every single thing is wrong with our players, we play walking football , we can't string 2 passes together and when we do pass to a team mate its waist high, when the opposition break we are all over the place, our strikers couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo, we can't defend set peices, I could go on and on.
I'm sick and tired of us bottling it (apart from 55) year after year since we came up , I'm growing weary of our club, I thought this would never happen to me, but I'm scunnered tae phuck of the tims laughter at us, I'm 71 now and have saw some very bad players playing for us but this lot are up there with the worse I've saw

End of the day league was chucked at home to the rattlers....that pen changed the game without it we were horsed.

Winning our last 6 games when we had only won 2 out of the previous 7.....the signs were there unfortunately.
I'd go a bit further back when we lost to Motherwell to be honest. I could see the usual all too familiar cracks appearing that day. The whole 'if we do this' and 'do that' against >insert name of team< we will put pressure on that lot, when it is quite clearly that it is us that can't handle the pressure.
I can't believe what I have watched since we steamrollered Hearts at Ibrox to be honest. We have retreated into our shell and an alarming rate.

I said it on the pre match thread that I was very uneasy about this game and I was correct, I just can’t understand why we in 5 games or so we have imploded, every single thing is wrong with our players, we play walking football , we can't string 2 passes together and when we do pass to a team mate its waist high, when the opposition break we are all over the place, our strikers couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo, we can't defend set peices, I could go on and on.
I'm sick and tired of us bottling it (apart from 55) year after year since we came up , I'm growing weary of our club, I thought this would never happen to me, but I'm scunnered tae phuck of the tims laughter at us, I'm 71 now and have saw some very bad players playing for us but this lot are up there with the worse I've saw
This is just about how I feel and I'm only 58 (although this lot have aged me that much, I look like 71)

Laughing all the way to the title, the Champions League and the bank.

We on the other hand will be scratching around for freebies, loans and resigning blown up players.

I agree, I'm sick of it and never thought I'd get to that point.

Tonight is fundamental in deciding whether the Ross County game was a blip or the first sign of a collapse. I fear the latter, but sincerely hope that I am wrong. The only precedent that gives me some comfort, was the season when Walter was handed the job for the last three games. We lost three nil to Motherwell away and thought that it was all over but the team managed to pull out of a magnificent performance against Aberdeen at Ibrox. So here’s hoping this team has the fight and the bottle of the team we had in 1990.
Unfortunately my first instinct was correct, Celtic haven’t had to win the league, just sat back and watched us lose it

Hate that point in the morning when just after you wake up and remember how shit Rangers are.
Having to listen to that lot in work sniggering, gloating and showing one another Whats Apps an shit is fkn infuriating...especially as it was us doing the same thing a few weeks ago :mad:

Ross co and Dundee, teams that would struggle in the epl div 1, never mind the championship, and we can’t beat them when chasing a title. Last night no one took responsibility, getting rid of the ball as soon as possible, set pieces were awful. Pace and aggression non existent. Once again handing a very average scum team a title and the CL place. Anyone playing us just need to show intensity and aggression and we just start passing it sideways and players don’t want to take any responsibility.

The reality is that result didnt really surprise anyone, did it?
You could tell after 5mins we weren't winning that game last night. Nowhere near enough intensity and all too passive. I know we got beat by Ross County but I thought last night was a worse performance as we barely created anything all night.

We've seen this story so many times now, it's baffling that it still gets to happen.

Those who should not start another game Lundstrum Lawrence Dowell

Those who should start After working out their best positions Cantwell Sima Matondo Diamonde McCausland Sterling Yilmaz. all giving us pace and a chance to score even with Dessers although Sima might be better as our main striker.

We can do nothing with the defence but if we know the league has gone then drop Tav and Goldson and bring in KIng or better switch Sterling to right back. I did like Souttar but he needs better around him.

If every other team we play have a higher intensity then PC is not doing his job and somebody wants to tell him or he will lose his job.
These players need to be told and those out of contract can sit on the bench other than Sima who hopefully we might be able to buy but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Our midfield is pedestrian and static
Sterling should have been in the midfield and Borna should have been trusted at LB
Our squad should still have been able to take 6 points from 6 in the last too games
Structural issues and attitude

Obviously the travelling back and forth to Dingwall and Dundee was sapping, dispiriting, and disruptive of planning and training. . Still, even so, we should have seen off these two teams.

I'm a few years older than you and I've seen some dross playing for us over the years, but what some players lacked in talent they often made up by putting in a shift. This lot don't even do that - when was playing walking football part of our strategy? Teams don't fear us, in fact we are one of their easiest fixtures. The sad truth is, we are a bang average SPFL side.

Back