Press Conference Dundee v Rangers pre match press conference

Another reason why yilmaz can’t be the no1 left back next season, he’s just so unreliable with his fitness. Needs to be sterling at left back then with Goldson and souttar again. Ludnstram in the middle next to someone. Lawrence and dowell aren’t it, Christ I would play raskin there next to lundstram.
Just said the exact same to my mate. And I am as far as possible from a Raskin fan.

Yilmaz seems to be cut from the same cloth as Roofe - he was days away but that's 3 games he'll miss now

The guess is that the manager was keeping rogers guessing by saying he was available ?

Bit that gets me is a player missing a title race with a sore thumb. I broke mines clean in two before a wee cast on and normal service resumes

Do not agree with his assessment of Motherwell being a freak result and on another day finishes 6-1. Yes we had chances but so did they.

Motherwell had so many chances that day and got into so many good areas that a better team would've finished. Been worried since that day about how easy it was to play through us and counter on us.

You need to wonder why all these managers keep picking Tav. You know , Gerrard, GVB and now the current manager.

Honestly, what the %^*& do they know about football.
I assume Clement is picking him at the moment because he's the current captain and there's nobody else. It's certainly not based on form. Something that needs to change in the summer, along with the centre back position.

Is Davies fit and interested in playing?

If so, play him at LB to ensure we have Sterling in midfield to provide a bit of athleticism.

The injuries are beyond a farce.

I've seen him more on that advert for Whisky on RTV than anywhere near the pitch for games. I can accept we want rid, but he's still our player and the situation is all round weird.

Do not agree with his assessment of Motherwell being a freak result and on another day finishes 6-1. Yes we had chances but so did they.

Motherwell had so many chances that day and got into so many good areas that a better team would've finished. Been worried since that day about how easy it was to play through us and counter on us.
They had 15 attempts on goal, with 5 on target. That's way too many for us to concede to any Scottish team at Ibrox IMHO.

I assume Clement is picking him at the moment because he's the current captain and there's nobody else. It's certainly not based on form. Something that needs to change in the summer, along with the centre back position.
He is picking him because he is the best option in that position, in the league nevermind the club. He hasnt been as good in the last 4 league games and has still scored in all 4 of them. The manager clearly sees that despite him not playing his best, he never hides and is still actually helping the team. There are several others who should get dropped before him for this game.

Yeah the Motherwell game was a big red flag but there were signs even before this.

If you look at it in the context of the season we have a clear pattern of losing daft goals and struggling to score ourselves.

The very next home game we gifted Hibs a ridiculous goal and generally struggled to put the game to bed.

Next home game we gift the tims a ridiculous opener after 20 seconds and then when we get it back to 2-2 it only takes us a minute to gift another shambolic goal.

We all saw Ross County on Sunday.

If anything the Motherwell game was a hint at things to come.

Hearts at home we left it very late after conceding a daft goal from nothing. Aberdeen at Ibrox a big blind hoof up the park brought it back to 1-1 and again it was late on before Cantwell got the winner. In Europe against that mob from Cyprus and against Benfica we lost absolutely stupid goals when we were the ones attacking.

It's an ongoing pattern with this Rangers team. Dominate possession. Don't take our chances. Uh oh we've had a defensive calamity. Around one in every four games we have this same problem.

Yeah the Motherwell game was a big red flag but there were signs even before this.

If you look at it in the context of the season we have a clear pattern of losing daft goals and struggling to score ourselves.

The very next home game we gifted Hibs a ridiculous goal and generally struggled to put the game to bed.

Next home game we gift the tims a ridiculous opener after 20 seconds and then when we get it back to 2-2 it only takes us a minute to gift another shambolic goal.

We all saw Ross County on Sunday.

If anything the Motherwell game was a hint at things to come.

Hearts at home we left it very late after conceding a daft goal from nothing. Aberdeen at Ibrox a big blind hoof up the park brought it back to 1-1 and again it was late on before Cantwell got the winner. In Europe against that mob from Cyprus and against Benfica we lost absolutely stupid goals when we were the ones attacking.

It's an ongoing pattern with this Rangers team. Dominate possession. Don't take our chances. Uh oh we've had a defensive calamity. Around one in every four games we have this same problem.
Yeah, although Motherwell and Dingwall wasn't the defensive calamity, they were getting chance after chance.

SJB saying all the same things Tav gets slagged for.

Waste of time these media conferences (I know we have to do them). All we need is an injury update from the Manager, the rest is just template 'noise'.
If I had "learned" as much as our players have had to I'd have been the head boy at school...

Clements comment about making decisions about players at the end of the season and then being asked does that mean them being under the microscope tomorrow, saying not to take it literally then including in the response that of course there performance is being watched and decisions being made for next year was a good one. B-D

Diomande likely has stitches etc and our club Dr isnt happy with him risking them bursting open or getting infected. I would imagine the decision of when he can play lies with them more than it does with Dio.
Did Souter not get stiches on his head and he was out bandaged up heading the ball the next game

I'd like, just for once, someone, anyone to question Clement on our complete inability to score or create chances from a corner kick.
They more often end up a chance for the opposition to break and score from.

I'd like, just for once, someone, anyone to question Clement on our complete inability to score or create chances from a corner kick.
They more often end up a chance for the opposition to break and score from.

perhaps more suited to the CBs who seem unable to put a header either on target OR not into the goalies waiting hands

its not like chances aren't created

That neatly sums up our season where injuries are concerned:
"playin the morra wee man?"
"no"
"what's up - hammy? calf? groin? ankle? hip? metatarsal? head knock?"
"no - it's my thumb"
I remember in the 80's I was out on a Friday night in Hamilton at a disco and Fergie (Derek) and Durrantly were out. They were drinking a slab of Kestrel (of all things - cheap lager) in the Gents. They were playing the next day. I realise it might have been because it was lower alcohol. ;)

However I pushed the toilet door open and it damaged Durranty's hand "Ye've broke ma fingers" and it looked really bad. I didn't think he would play but he came out next day with gloves on and played a blinder.

So our left-back options are going to be the sad shell of Barisic or taking Sterling away from a midfield that has been overrun by the likes of Ross County and Motherwell. Fantastic.

Is nobody in the management team raging.

After the old firm first half and that shit show on Sunday I am still apoplectic.

I can't see a huge upturn in effort levels, so hopefully we will see a bit of quality and decent finishing, to get us over the line.

I'd rather play one of the B Team kids at LB than Barisic at the moment, his performances have been stinking this season.

You need to wonder why all these managers keep picking Tav. You know , Gerrard, GVB and now the current manager.

Honestly, what the %^*& do they know about football.
Sometimes very little to be honest by the way apart from Gerard did they not lose their jobs,go figure.

My worry as well pc stick with that back line and it will be ta ta next season,we have a terrible defence and no amount of sugar coating our ahem senior players is going to change that they are honking and will cost us the league at the scumdome ,they must be champing at the bit with the thought of our full backs facing the press from them,me I'm dreading it

Diomande likely has stitches etc and our club Dr isnt happy with him risking them bursting open or getting infected. I would imagine the decision of when he can play lies with them more than it does with Dio.

Finally, someone said it. It's very likely he's got stitches that they're waiting on healing up before chucking him back into the fray.

The amount of snide posts about Diomande's thumb in the past week have been mental. People just assuming they know what he's done to it. Fannies.

Back