Dundee warn players they’ll suspend contracts unless they agree to wage cuts by midnight tonight

Bonnyloyal

DUNDEE have warned their players they’ll use controversial clause 12 to suspend contracts unless they agree to wage cuts by MIDNIGHT tonight.

The Dark Blues have sent the first-team members yet to take temporary drops in salary emails warning them of the consequences of holding out

It’s understood eight players have yet to accept Dundee’s proposals so are in the firing line.

And they have been warned they only have another six hours to agree or their wages will be stopped until the Championship resumes.

The email, which has been seen by SunSport, spells out the terms of clause 12 - which was used by Hearts chairman Ann Budge to force her contract rebels into cuts back in April - and recommends the players take legal advice.

Dundee have been hit by a £500,000 loss in income since Covid-19 struck in March

tenor.gif

We should go and offer them 50k for Finlay Robertson.

He looks a good prospect and they could do with the cash.

I work with a member of his immediate family (can send source if need be), he has great potential and is on a really low wage. He is a die hard dee and I don't see him leaving anytime soon, he has good agents and he is happy with first team football.

Last edited:
Their wage bill must be quite high.

Dorrans, Berra, Hemmings, Ness, McGhee, McGowan will be at the higher end of Championship wages.

The players should just hold out. If eight of their first team squad tell them to ram it and they need replaced, the board will soon shit the bed

What sort of wage cut are they being asked to take?

I can't say too much but it differs.

Higher paid players have bigger % cuts and they are the ones who are dragging their feet. The younger players are largely unaffected, but with reduced games some of the younger members will feel the pinch with the lack of game and win bonuses.

Not that good

No his wage is low in the sense of he is a 17 year old in a Championship club. He is on good money compared to many outside of football. He gets an extra £150 if he is in the squad a week for instance.

His agents are doing well for him, advising him to stay (when there was another club looking at him before he signed his first professional contract with Dundee.

He is getting game time at his boyhood club, something not many get to do and is improving his game.

I have a soft spot for Dundee as my mums side support them and I have known some players. Its a shambles its come to this and Nelms has a lot to answer for as he has never been seen as up to any task

I can't say too much but it differs.

Higher paid players have bigger % cuts and they are the ones who are dragging their feet. The younger players are largely unaffected, but with reduced games some of the younger members will feel the pinch with the lack of game and win bonuses.
About 30% tops? It's quite a hit.

Back