Dunk of Brighton quoted at 45 million

to replace Harry McGuire going to man u for 60 - 80 million

not sure he was that much better than goldson who they sold for 3.5 million

World has officially gone crazy
Just when you think the mental world of EPL can’t possibly go more apeshit it does,no wonder players and their agents want to go there.

I have to say that having seen these fees kick about for the best part of 10 years now I no longer consider them mental etc and don't find myself in a state of aghast shock on the daily basis the figures are quoted during transfer windows, I sort of got over it about 5 years ago.

Dunk is an excellent player - Leicester oft buy smart, very clever football club.

Unless a team are needing a player to fill their English quota i really don't understand why you would buy English talent when it's so over priced.

Last edited:
Reactions: cav
Dunk and Duffy are a great partnership for Brighton. Duffy's career will go down hill rapidly as he gets older and his boozing just gets heavier and heavier.

Many of my pals rated Goldson slightly higher than Duffy but Goldson never got a look in as they paid £4m for Duffy and Dunk was "one of their own" as well as hitting off a very very good partnership.

That one really did make me sit up and rub my eyes. A simply remarkable price. Where does all this end ?

It has to end with a cap.

Harry McGuire £80m.

Then look at the nonsense with Tierney, a player worth £5m at most, being touted (and I don't believe for one minute he goes for it) £25m all because Celtic know that amount is nothing to an EPL team.

I remember people saying the bubble will burst, when now we have average players going for £50m and earning £350k a week, with agents pocketing 10s of millions.

It has to be forced to stop at some point, and IMO it is only a matter of time before we see evidence of Money Laundering with some of these transfers.

I think Maguire being valued at £80m is much worse than the Dunk price

English + home grown for the EL/CL and played in the league = ££££. Don't even think he's that good a defender either, better than Smalling or Jones but that's not really hard

to replace Harry McGuire going to man u for 60 - 80 million

not sure he was that much better than goldson who they sold for 3.5 million

World has officially gone crazy

Sure its a lot of money, but hes proven at EPL level. That in itself results in a surcharge of £20+ million for a player.

Just when you think the mental world of EPL can’t possibly go more apeshit it does,no wonder players and their agents want to go there.
Someone will be along to justify it any moment.

The EPL leaves me cold. It's the most soulless league on planet earth.

When you think of the poverty in our country and the state of the NHS, the money in football is obscene.

Bit of a non-comparison though, it's not as if Leicester spending money on a centre back is taking money away from a poor family or reducing the number of resources available in hospitals.

It’s a business , and tbh these lads give up a big part of their child hood to be a pro , so the ones that get to the top , best of luck to them .

The ultra boring Gary Lineker gets £1.75 million a year for talking about it two hours a week. That disgusts me more personally.....

I agree his salary is obscene but he is the BBC's main sports anchor (not a typo) so it is a lot more than two hours a week.

Never heard of the guy to be honest. I only really see the epl on match of the day and not particularly interested in brighton. Roy Keane was bang on the money when he said it was the best marketed league in the world,not necessarily the best football league.

Hes a quality player.
For me he is not worth that money, even in todays market. But hey, Bournemouth got 20 mill for Mings who has only played about 10 PL games in four seasons, so I suppose it is about right in todays stupid market.

The enormously inflated English market can be massively exploited if we play our cards right.

I expect each season now we will have someone move on for £15-20m which we can reinvest

Back