Eagled eye Francis Connor back again

Angrybluebear

Official Ticketer
The corner that Celtic scored their opening goal from was either a free kick to Livingston for handball or a bye kick, not even debatable but the bold Francis a few yards away awards a corner.

How anyone could come up with that outcome certainly isn’t honest.

Surely this guy can't be the son of the ex celtic assistant manager of the same name as he died 3 days ago.

It's actually blatant now. Occasionally you can put these decisions down to "luck" or bad referring. Not anymore. It's scandalous.

They didn’t score from the penalty but it should not have been awarded in the first place. The FIFA laws clearly show that where a hand is on the ground for support and the ball hits the hand/arm a penalty should not be awarded. I have always thought highly of Nick Walsh but I suppose when it comes to the crunch ………..and Connor adds to the suspicion.

They didn’t score from the penalty but it should not have been awarded in the first place. The FIFA laws clearly show that where a hand is on the ground for support and the ball hits the hand/arm a penalty should not be awarded. I have always thought highly of Nick Walsh but I suppose when it comes to the crunch ………..and Connor adds to the suspicion.
They should never have got a corner for the first goal. Clear as day handball by rat boy ralston

Just listening to Martindale there.
Both the Linesman and the 4th official told the referee it was a goal kick in the lead up to Celtic's opener - referee overruled his assistants to award the corner.

Just listening to Martindale there.
Both the Linesman and the 4th official told the referee it was a goal kick in the lead up to Celtic's opener - referee overruled his assistants to award the corner.
Something extremely fishy if that’s the case. Its getting to the point we need rugby style mics to ask why he overruled people in a better position than him to make the decision.

The officials in this country are completely incompetent. This guy however is simply a cheat. I knew they would get some dodgy decisions today but I won't be holding my breath for the onslaught of abuse which would've happened had we benefitted from such a corrupt decision. Far too many of their supporters in positions that they can influence games.

The corner that Celtic scored their opening goal from was either a free kick to Livingston for handball or a bye kick, not even debatable but the bold Francis a few yards away awards a corner.

Martindale said the linesman and 4th official gave a goal kick, Walsh over ruled them both and gave a corner.

A complaint should be raised against the Rhat, he should not be allowed to officiate any matches that effect us or separate entity fc.

The decision to award that penalty and book the player was absolutely shocking.

Walsh was raging he had to award us a stonewall penalty against Hibs recently but still denied us another one, he took stick from the peados so there was no doubt they were getting one today to help them on their way.

“I think there's a refereeing decision that leads to the corner [for Celtic's opener], I think it's our by-kick."
"I spoke to the linesman and Bobby (Madden), Bobby was the fourth official and they both had told the referee it was a by-kick.
"But it's just disappointing when they decisions go against you and it leads to goals against.
"For me there was two big decisions that went against us and lead to goals."

David Martindale

“I think there's a refereeing decision that leads to the corner [for Celtic's opener], I think it's our by-kick."
"I spoke to the linesman and Bobby (Madden), Bobby was the fourth official and they both had told the referee it was a by-kick.
"But it's just disappointing when they decisions go against you and it leads to goals against.

David Martindale

What is the 4th official’s actual role? Is he watching it on a monitor and when did he tell the ref?

Also why should he be communicating with the manager about on-field decisions?

What is the 4th official’s actual role? Is he watching it on a monitor and when did he tell the ref?

Also why should he be communicating with the manager about on-field decisions?
That’s what he’s there to do. Keeping the dug outs in check involves speaking to them about decisions.

But he’s undermining the on-field official by going against him. It makes little sense.
It’s not uncommon for a fourth official to explain why a ref has made a decision. They are miked up. He will probably have said that the ref gave the decision and that he thought it had went out off the Celtic player but ultimately It’s the refs call.

David Martindale
So if I read this correctly the ref choose to ignore 2 colleagues? If so this is why VAR will fail- just ignore VAR

It's match fixing week in week out In other countries people get jail time for it

David Martindale
The truth is up until the opening goal, Livingston were causing real concerns from open play and set plays.

Getting the penalty , and corner provided the confidence they needed that by hook, crook, or extra time they weren’t going to miss out on plenty opportunity to win the match, regardless of performance.
That provides the environment for them to relax and play a stress free game. It’s why we must be as flawless as last season going forward to have any chance of winning the division.

Can’t remember a linesman having so much impact on where this Season’s Title is going to end up,there have been so many contentious decisions from Connor all having a negative impact for Rangers.He should be nowhere near our games or there’s for the remainder of this Season and that ain’t going to happen it’s cheating pure and simple.

Back