East Fife statement

Interesting bit on their insurance claim, wonder what that's about

That's what I was wondering. Why would the SPFL's lawyers need to be involved with their business interuption insurance? Unless they need some sort of official statement that their business is indeed interupted? If that's the case, I wouldn't put it past Celti...sorry, The SPFL lawyers, to hold it to ransom for a change of vote. Even though, I know it would be kind of useless, as the rest of L1&2 gave the SPFL the majority they needed from those tiers.

A pathetic response with most clubs willing to stab partick thistle and Stranraer in the eye because they were frightened to even challenge the cabal .

To me it speaks volumes of how desperate these clubs were for money they were bullied into submission, for example Airdrie and Montrose had a chance of the Championship play offs and they vetoed that for the cash that’s goldmine stuff to a club like Montrose to reach the championship

The most interesting bit for me was this line

"I would like to confirm the situation from our club’s perspective on the SPFL’s resolution that was voted on by all member clubs at the end of last week"

Why would they say ALL clubs voted when the SPFL claim they are still waiting for one vote?

Ok, so with their players now on Furlough for 3 months, they cannot train or play within that time.
So if at any point Football was to resume within the next 3 months, they couldn’t play could they?
15th of June would be the earliest they could train.

"Before being placed on furlough, the first-team players intimated that they would like to check-in on some of our more vulnerable supporters, spending one Saturday afternoon phoning all of our Over 80s season ticket holders. The feedback we have received has been amazing and I am extremely proud of the players for volunteering to do this."

Looks like they have a strong team spirit. Good on them.

That's what I was wondering. Why would the SPFL's lawyers need to be involved with their business interuption insurance? Unless they need some sort of official statement that their business is indeed interupted? If that's the case, I wouldn't put it past Celti...sorry, The SPFL lawyers, to hold it to ransom for a change of vote. Even though, I know it would be kind of useless, as the rest of L1&2 gave the SPFL the majority they needed from those tiers.

I guess that East Fife will have their cover through the SPFL recommended insurer.

The SPFL recommended an insurance firm to cover clubs for events including interruption of or interference with the business.
In a section relating to denial of access to premises, clubs who have this particular policy are covered to a limit of £500,000 “excluding any consequence of labour disputes or infectious or contagious diseases”.
One chief executive of a Championship club who has a policy with the firm in question said he would not be surprised if most clubs were in the same position.
Indeed, The Scotsman understands only six clubs in the top four divisions are covered for the current extremely unlikely set of circumstances.

However, in order for the policy to pay out there would need to be a decision to either end the season now or continue to play behind closed doors.

To me it speaks volumes of how desperate these clubs were for money they were bullied into submission, for example Airdrie and Montrose had a chance of the Championship play offs and they vetoed that for the cash that’s goldmine stuff to a club like Montrose to reach the championship

yip absolutely disgusted my club has voted for this although they have still to confirm this apparently we're onto 87.5k so obviously the money is more important than integrity

I guess that East Fife will have their cover through the SPFL recommended insurer.

The SPFL recommended an insurance firm to cover clubs for events including interruption of or interference with the business.
In a section relating to denial of access to premises, clubs who have this particular policy are covered to a limit of £500,000 “excluding any consequence of labour disputes or infectious or contagious diseases”.
One chief executive of a Championship club who has a policy with the firm in question said he would not be surprised if most clubs were in the same position.
Indeed, The Scotsman understands only six clubs in the top four divisions are covered for the current extremely unlikely set of circumstances.

However, in order for the policy to pay out there would need to be a decision to either end the season now or continue to play behind closed doors.

Cheers for the info, wasn't aware it was SPFL "organised"

Reactions: jtc
I have a soft spot for East Fife and down through the years have seen them play on several occasions. I am genuinely pleased to learn that the men from Methil took a stand that was based on footballing principle. Well done the Fifers.

It would be tremendous if another 5 or 6 League 1 and 2 clubs came out with similar statements all claiming to be one of the three who voted against the proposal :))

Interesting bit on their insurance claim, wonder what that's about
Amateur teams have to register with sfa and buy insurance through them mate so it sounds like a similar scheme under the spfl league body meaning they have to take there cover , or at least Can do .

My pals team were highly unimpressed with the sfa offer especially that it was mandated .

A version of racketeering I would call it

Isn't it interesting they grouped league 1 and 2 together for the vote. Almost like they had insider info prior to this about 3 clubs in one of the league's voting it down.

this is excellent:

Before being placed on furlough, the first-team players intimated that they would like to check-in on some of our more vulnerable supporters, spending one Saturday afternoon phoning all of our Over 80s season ticket holders. The feedback we have received has been amazing and I am extremely proud of the players for volunteering to do this

Back