Edmiston House - Events not selling out

Cars and bars don’t mix.
Really tell that to motorcyclists that go to Hillington end of the month at Harley showroom. Live band on / food. And lot bring their wife’s etc ON BACK of bikes. So they can maybe have a drink. It not the sons of anarchy

Ps You can serve non alcoholic drinks. From tea / coffee etc You not thinking outside the box.

I've got various emails recently from a discount ticket website (SFF) hawking tickets to events at NEH, latest is the event for the Final. Really disapointing this has to be done.

If any consolation (and if any lurkers) there's been more of the filths events on it.
Treating fans like scum by serving beer in a paper cup.
I can perhaps understand it on matchdays when kids are around but not evening events.

Its a nice building but I have never been convinced proper planning was done to make sure there was demand for such a venue at Ibrox. £15m would have been far better spent on stadium upgrades/increased capacity.
It was also built on the back of Covid when the construction market was overheated with rising inflation.

Ridiculously stupid timing for it.

Guarantee a couple of years of CL entry when it’s going free to the league winners and then progress EH should have been the strategy.

Good luck trying to give someone a pint that was pre-poured
This is why I head to Louden before games now, tried edmiston house a few times throughout the season only because I could get my boy in as he's only 17 up until a few weeks ago, but the novelty soon wore off, the wait to get to a beer was far too long, the beer was shite and it was served in a paper cup.
I'd much rather head to the Louden, even when it can be extremely busy it's easy enough to get served and get a couple of decent cold pints of staropramen served in a proper glass.

Trying to find the events in the website is like hunting for buried treasure. The place is under utilized and poorly advertised. I’m going to the Oasis and AC/DC nights later in the year but we are not exploiting this asset well at all

Tbh this is a good part of it

Unless it's something you really want to go the price of drink puts me off.

I went to fergie/mcleish night which was good but you end up Uncomfortable on the seats overpriced drink spending a fortune when there better alternatives.

I think sports bar when opened will do much better as long as it has better seating tables laid out.

As someone said I don't think they have really thought it out well it would have made much more money if they had made it to cater for people for more food tables on match days, the shop on one floor, even the cafe is poor its an add on
Any date for the sports bar

The bar service is a joke

£6 for a pint in a carboard cup.

The Louden have smashed it because you’re guaranteed fast service and a fresh cold pint.

Its not rocket science

One thing the WRC could learn aswell

Ive been in a couple times for a pre match pint a NEH, purely to support the place and the Club but doubt i’ll be back in

So we have a new sports bar soon to open, a new shop, finally got a club museum, a covered fan zone as well as it being able to be used for events outwith match days to help cover the running costs and more than likely be making a profit and it’s still not enough.

Genuinely have no idea what people expect from the club.

By the sounds of it the club are also looking to have the stadium up to 60k in 6 years on top of the enhanced accessibility platforms.

Yes things could always be better but there’s far too many that can’t see past that and acknowledge the good that we have.

They really must lead very miserable life’s. Probably the same ones that turn up at Ibrox (if they even do that) and moan and abuse the players for 75 minutes before heading to the pub for a pint in a glass to get their weekend treat.

The bar service is a joke

£6 for a pint in a carboard cup.

The Louden have smashed it because you’re guaranteed fast service and a fresh cold pint.

Its not rocket science

One thing the WRC could learn aswell

Ive been in a couple times for a pre match pint a NEH, purely to support the place and the Club but doubt i’ll be back in
This. £6 for a paper cup pint. Aimed towards football fans. Absolutely wild.

They could also put the louden out of business overnight by simply having tennents in a glass at reasonable prices and the queue would be insane for any Rangers/football related events.

I've got various emails recently from a discount ticket website (SFF) hawking tickets to events at NEH, latest is the event for the Final. Really disapointing this has to be done.

If any consolation (and if any lurkers) there's been more of the filths events on it.
My back ground is music events and so on.

I contacted Rangers in regards to NEH, and was told they had someone running. I then spoke to that person on LinkedIn, I explained ideas that would work due to my experience, and they said they didn’t need help. They then copied exact idea I tried showing but they then never worked on from it.

If that worker organising events for NEH is on here, you fecked up not replying. Embarrassing not listening to people when they have the experience.

They don't really advertise the events very well, I couldn't actually tell you what's been on in the place.
This. It’s only by reading this thread I realised it’s housed an Oasis tribute, an AC/DC tribute and Will Young. I’d have gone to the AC/DC one if I’d known it was on.

For me people have lost sight of why it was built.

It's a facility for the fans first and foremost, fan zone, shop, museum, etc.

Events ontop of that are just a bonus for making extra money from it.
As a pre & post match venue for a few beers and meeting your mates it is great; it also hold the museum and the club shop. All positive stuff and things that we had been seeking for years.. decades even.

As a concert venue it was always going to have limited appeal due to size, location, and then you have the fact that it’s Rangers and in Glasgow that will cut your audience in half.
Folk on a thread on the Lounge yesterday refusing to go and see a band on a Celtic pub… how do you think the flip side of that works if a band is playing in the shadow of Ibrox?

I don’t know if they seek the business events market or not but I spent today at a presentation day for a software product and, on reflection, NEH would be the perfect venue for something like that for a few hundred people with breaks & lunch catered for.

There are people on here desperate for this to fail and others that still don't understand why the venue caters for the size it's been built for.
It's not a 'Rangers venue', it's NEH or the 'Clyde Rooms' and it needs to be for every artist or activity that want's to hire it and pay the fee.
IMHO it will make it's money back and more in the coming years with a combination of the store revenue, a gig venue and the Museum along with matchday events.

A more open minded, less blinkered view of things? This will never catch on.

I reckon that if anyone is actually happy to accept a pint in a plastic glass, they’d be quite happy accepting a pre poured pint. Please don’t go down that route Robert.

Get over yourself mate. It’s a paper cup you get. Have you even been in?

It’s a handy place to go after the games with kids for a ‘quick’ beer or two and a recap of the game. Hardly set up for a beer connoisseur like yourself.

The queues are huge after the match and it’s bound to be costing us money. It needs sorted.

My back ground is music events and so on.

I contacted Rangers in regards to NEH, and was told they had someone running. I then spoke to that person on LinkedIn, I explained ideas that would work due to my experience, and they said they didn’t need help. They then copied exact idea I tried showing but they then never worked on from it.

If that worker organising events for NEH is on here, you fecked up not replying. Embarrassing not listening to people when they have the experience.

Not doubting your experience or passion on wanting to help but if I had some random person contact me to advise on how I should be doing my job.....I'd be politely telling them to ram it.

So we have a new sports bar soon to open, a new shop, finally got a club museum, a covered fan zone as well as it being able to be used for events outwith match days to help cover the running costs and more than likely be making a profit and it’s still not enough.

Genuinely have no idea what people expect from the club.

By the sounds of it the club are also looking to have the stadium up to 60k in 6 years on top of the enhanced accessibility platforms.

Yes things could always be better but there’s far too many that can’t see past that and acknowledge the good that we have.

They really must lead very miserable life’s. Probably the same ones that turn up at Ibrox (if they even do that) and moan and abuse the players for 75 minutes before heading to the pub for a pint in a glass to get their weekend treat.
Define "soon"?

It’s a handy place to go after the games with kids for a ‘quick’ beer or two and a recap of the game. Hardly set up for a beer connoisseur like yourself.

The queues are huge after the match and it’s bound to be costing us money. It needs sorted.
Beer connoisseur like myself?

I don’t drink beer.

• Haha
Reactions: VGM
Not doubting your experience or passion on wanting to help but if I had some random person contact me to advise on how I should be doing my job.....I'd be politely telling them to ram it.
And I can appreciate that. But what it is is what it is.

I seem to have been correct though.

Hopefully though, all does work out well, because all I care about is Rangers.

Last edited:
I’ve been for last 2 old firms and been great both times minus the result, was sold out but queues were fine at the bar, this might change next year when 3,000 get to go to the piggery

Both H&H nights were mobbed and excellent as well, maybe more of those nights would be popular, Rangers review etc

It could be advertised better. For a while they weren’t even on Google when you searched Edmiston House which I didn’t even know was possible until it was pointed out to me
The H&H nights while excellent with the boys on stage were marred by the kunts talking to their mates throughout.

Events all over the UK are being cancelled at an unprecedented rate, it's nothing to do with NEH. People just aren't spending money going out as they were pre covid.

Haha I actually thought the Drag Queen thing was a joke

fe0b19b09dc62846247e22bc076c8ffcb977da4a.jpg

Wee resemblance of dinger :oops::D

Was at dirty Ac/dc last year thought it was perfect. Good sound beer was fine. If you go to a music festival beer is in a paper cup.

They need to advertise more get local bands in. Give the young musicians somewhere to play.

Or even have a motorcycle or car event plenty of space to park vehicles and open bars up.

They need to think out the box
I was there as well and will prob be going back, as you say pretty much any venue and you’re getting a plastic or paper cup defo not a glass.
As for parking there is loads of street parking round about for free and I’m pretty sure the stadium footprint is open so you could park there.

Events all over the UK are being cancelled at an unprecedented rate, it's nothing to do with NEH. People just aren't spending money going out as they were pre covid.
Why are hotels ~£300 throughout central Scotland 28th Jun?

People will pay to see a decent event (admittedly not to my taste), not tribute acts in a semi-large venue.

Crazy logic from the club to market an event to maximize sales. The tickets were always a fiver btw so your discount site isn’t up to much
Wasn't aware of that but do you think 100% of the sale on a third party website goes to the club? In any case I accept the main revenue from events like this isn't from ticket sales.

Other posted also mentioned it may be the performers renting the space but I think that is unlikely.

Back