Emotional

Jg1966

Is anyone else feeling a bit emotional tonight. We have all been through so much the last 9 years. Yes we have still won nothing but things are looking so good. Tonight was incredible. Some of the performances were amazing. Fairytale stuff for Patterson. The interviews from Kent and Barisic just show how together the squad and the staff are. Genuinely very emotional watching all this.

We really are the people.

I posted a thread pretty much saying the same thing which has either been chopped or quickly worked it’s way onto another page.

I was feeling the exact same. What a team and what a club

It’s insane how far we’ve come.

From being put out by Progres. To having to qualify unseeded from the earliest possible round for 2 years.

Now we are genuinely a good European team capable of playing one level higher yet.

Going to break my heart when this team gets broken up.

Is anyone else feeling a bit emotional tonight. We have all been through so much the last 9 years. Yes we have still won nothing but things are looking so good. Tonight was incredible. Some of the performances were amazing. Fairytale stuff for Patterson. The interviews from Kent and Barisic just show how together the squad and the staff are. Genuinely very emotional watching all this.

The only downside tonight according to the old yin was that fact the gaffer wasn’t clean shaven :cool::cool:

Emotional, that's what it is to follow this magnificent club. Highs, lows and lots in between but we are loyal no matter what. I have supported this club for over 50 years and have seen, what I thought was everything, this season is different and special in so many ways. Enjoy, but always remember where we have been and more importantly where we have come from. WATP.

Emotional, that's what it is to follow this magnificent club. Highs, lows and lots in between but we are loyal no matter what. I have supported this club for over 50 years and have seen, what I thought was everything, this season is different and special in so many ways. Enjoy, but always remember where we have been and more importantly where we have come from. WATP.

Great post Gee.

It's more than just football!!

If we had just been pish it maybe would be different but so much outside playing the actual game has been going on.

100% brother,sitting here, more swally !

Yes I was feeling a bit emotional during the interviews. We really are back.
The team spirit just dropping out the players is fantastic to see. By God, we have had some lows over the last ten years but this Season has been the stuff of dreams, and now Legends in the making.

Will be tears in the eyes when we get over the line.

I can hardly watch us now for the fear kicking in,I’ve watched us for more than 50 yrs but this year I can barely watch for the fear of losing,even changing seats in the house in case I jinx us,once we win the league I should go back to normal..

Yes.

My Father died in November 2019 just after the League Cup win over Hearts, my mother died in May 2020. In 2018, my brother very nearly died and was saved by a miracle. We had some great times watching Rangers together at Ibrox, the last time against Queen's Park and Clyde in 2013 in the fourth tier.

We were all waiting for this day, but the fact that only two of us will see it, and that one of those two nearly didn't live to see it, will make it very emotional.

And I know that many Rangers fans will be in the same situation. This will be the most emotional title in the club's history.

I actually avoid conversation with my auld man back on the football, 76 year old and took me since I was 18 month old. My own 15 year old is questioning just how up there with the best this will be given how long it has taken and journey from the bottom.......will talk about it later ))

Yes it’s emotional but there’s still also a sense of anger against all those who wanted us dead as well as those who sat back and supported them. We’ve done it against all the odds, against the football authorities, the media and the bitterness and hatred from other clubs
Mixed with all the emotion there’s one phrase that stands out. We’ve Been saying it since all this started, Never forgive, Never forget.

What a time to be alive.

My wife has never seen me cry that will change soon once we clinch 55, even the thought of that moment i can feel a lump in my throat.

I’m trying not to think about it, deep breath when I do and think about the next game. It’s going to be an outpouring of all sorts of emotion when we finally do it

I’m trying not to think about it, deep breath when I do and think about the next game. It’s going to be an outpouring of all sorts of emotion when we finally do it

It is getting so close now i can almost taste it.

10 years of hurt, pain frustration and anger will all be gone when that whistle goes and 55 is confirmed.

It is going to be emotional for sure. We have had a decade of watching some poor players poorly coached making hard work of beating other poor teams.

What we have now is amazing. A team as good as any I have seen in my 52 years. Will be emotional when that whistle goes. We have learned a lot in the last 19 years as well. We have the most loyal fans in the world. Paying to watch some of the shite we have seen is exemplary support.

Ibrox has rocked all the way through.

Yes it’s emotional but there’s still also a sense of anger against all those who wanted us dead as well as those who sat back and supported them. We’ve done it against all the odds, against the football authorities, the media and the bitterness and hatred from other clubs
Mixed with all the emotion there’s one phrase that stands out. We’ve Been saying it since all this started, Never forgive, Never forget.
Anger and resentment are heavy things to carry. 55 will be our revenge. They wanted us dead and we are back better than ever. We are the best team in Scotland by a country mile. They hate that and they now know they have made a way bigger arse out of their hand than we have.

Dave King should be remembered and honoured. Without him we might not have got this far. In our long and proud history he is what it means to be a Ranger. He was not found wanting.

I was in tears last night. Not ashamed to say it. What a journey we have been on. I’m 41 so have lived through 9iar as well as Manchester, numerous cups games and fantastic European nights but at the moment this is special for so many reasons. It was simply magical to listen to borna and Kent. A few tears last night but I think when we bring the league flag home there will be more.

Back