English Championship

If we had made the right decision in 2012 I reckon that’s the league we would now be in . One can but dream .
Right decision in terms of holding the English Football authorities hostage in a dungeon until they signed on the dotted line for Rangers to be admitted into the league? It was never an option.

Enjoy watching the English Championship, a real competitive league.

Teams and players aren't as good as the English make them out to be but it's still a good watch and this season there are so many in the mix.

Channel 5 used to have the championship MOTD equivalent and I loved it , decent amount of Scottish boys playing and some good exciting football.

It’s a good league because the majority of the sides are much of a muchness. The standard of football isn’t great, it’s more a physical endurance test of a league filled with 6ft plus players making up the majority of the league.

Id like to see Millwall go up as the EPL snobs wouldn’t like it very much.

Channel 5 used to have the championship MOTD equivalent and I loved it , decent amount of Scottish boys playing and some good exciting football.
It's on the Freeview channel quest, I can't remember the channel number.

Scrolling further down, I see you have been informed.

I love the Championship. If we were in it I wouldn't bet money on us getting out of it the first time of asking.

I think there’s very little likelihood of that happening, especially as things currently stand.

Scots complain about the dismissive arrogance of the English towards the game north of the border, but we’re often just as guilty in terms of believing we’d romp a division like The Championship (the words of someone on here the other day).

I don’t think we would and for the simple reason that it would take us time to adjust to having to play so many teams of a level above anything we face in Scotland bar the Beasts and doing so twice a week every week throughout the season.

Yes, we’ve more than held our own against clubs of the calibre of Villarreal, Porto, Feyenoord and Braga in Europe these past two years, but I’d argue knockout competitions like that, albeit ones incorporating little mini leagues, are a different kettle of fish, especially when watching us struggle to sustain an actual title challenge in Scotland, unable to beat dross like Hamilton, St. Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Hearts, sides who’d probably be League Two level down south.

It's competitive with a handful of good sides at the top of the division. Other than that it's all a bit meh.

I would argue that it is overhyped.

Very competitive yes but the quality is very mixed - the lower half of the table is filled with utter dross.

It's competitive but it's filled with rubbish tbh. Rangers would walk that division as would Celtic. Some of the clubs who have won it in recent years have been dreadful as shown the following season.

It's competitive but it's filled with rubbish tbh. Rangers would walk that division as would Celtic. Some of the clubs who have won it in recent years have been dreadful as shown the following season.

Rangers wouldn't walk that division with the current squad, we struggle to beat the diddy teams in our own pathetic league, the bheasts would have more chance of winning it though sadly, they wouldn't walk it either... some deluded views on these boards, all about opinions though off course :)

Wasn’t there a whiff of corruption about Monk before he got the Wednesday job? Allegedly of course.

Yeah there was something dodgy but not sure how it ended up. He was close to getting Leeds into the play offs about three years ago but they bottled it towards the end (maybe more of a Leeds thing than Monk) Seems a very one dimensional manager.

Rangers wouldn't walk that division with the current squad, we struggle to beat the diddy teams in our own pathetic league, the bheasts would have more chance of winning it though sadly, they wouldn't walk it either... some deluded views on these boards, all about opinions though off course :)

We have also competed very well in Europe which is a far higher level of football than the English Championship. We would certainly finish in the play off places at worse imo.

How would west brom and Leeds get on against Feyenoord and Porto away from home mate? Brentford are third FFS. We'd wipe the floor with them.

Every team drops points to some of the dross in their league but our maximum level is miles higher than theirs.

It's like saying that Real Madrid wouldn't win it because they dropped points to Racing Santander or something.

How would west brom and Leeds get on against Feyenoord and Porto away from home mate? Brentford are third FFS. We'd wipe the floor with them.

Every team drops points to some of the dross in their league but our maximum level is miles higher than theirs.

It's like saying that Real Madrid wouldn't win it because they dropped points to Racing Santander or something.

Yeah but we don't reach our "maximum level" as often as we should hence why we bottled the league, it's no good doing it now and again in a few showpony european games, we need to be committed and focused 100% every game, we should be going out to batter these diddy teams every game, sorry mate I just think a few aside our squad is still nowhere near capable at the moment...

Hopefully that shall change..

Yeah but we don't reach our "maximum level" as often as we should hence why we bottled the league, it's no good doing it now and again in a few showpony european games, we need to be committed and focused 100% every game, we should be going out to batter these diddy teams every game, sorry mate I just think a few aside our squad is still nowhere near capable at the moment...

Hopefully that shall change..

I honestly can't take it seriously that people don't think we'd be above Brentford for example in the league and then I look at guys like Barton and Pukki who tore that league apart yet were dross up here. I know that works both ways btw but it's not a great level at all. It's competitive but it is filed with dross.

Put us and Celtic in that league, even with our current squads, and we'd be top two and up automatically with minimal fuss tbh.

Every game I see from it is a poor standard.

It is about opinions but we have a better level than a lot of people realise.

I honestly can't take it seriously that people don't think we'd be above Brentford for example in the league and then I look at guys like Barton and Pukki who tore that league apart yet were dross up here. I know that works both ways btw but it's not a great level at all. It's competitive but it is filed with dross.

Put us and Celtic in that league, even with our current squads, and we'd be top two and up automatically with minimal fuss tbh.

Every game I see from it is a poor standard.

It is about opinions but we have a better level than a lot of people realise.
To be honest buddy, it would be great if we could just move to that league and give it a shot.... can dream i suppose

To be honest buddy, it would be great if we could just move to that league and give it a shot.... can dream i suppose

This is very true mate.

I do think it's the most competitive league about and the stat in the OP is crazy. Just think we'd get through it without much fuss.

Back