EPL sack race - the contenders

im_a_good_bluenose

There's a few gaffers down there must be having sleepless nights. Bilic and koeman are obv favourites but the likes of Mark Hughes, Paul Clement and to an extent Eddie Howe, (even though his team won today) must be dreading the vote of confidence
Thoughts?

You know what I was going include conte, but then thought it sounded ludicrous. They are leaking goals all over the place and not flowing the way they were last season
They should have lost today. Watford were all over them and had the chances to win the game. Only woeful finishing and Chelsea scoring from a corner that never was, gave Chelsea the points. Sometimes it’s just your day.

Pulis? Spent a fair bit over the summer and no real success so far.

Bilic is the obvious one though.

Bilic will be first. I doubt come Monday evening that he will still be manager.

There's a few gaffers down there must be having sleepless nights. Bilic and koeman are obv favourites but the likes of Mark Hughes, Paul Clement and to an extent Eddie Howe, (even though his team won today) must be dreading the vote of confidence
Thoughts?
Eddie Howe has a huge amount of credit in the bank at Bournemouth, so I don't think he's in any danger at all. The others you mention, definitely are.

I would love to be an EPL manager facing the sack. Multi million pound contract paid up in full, a few months break in the sun and then some Luvly jubly media work and bang, another multi million pound contract from a chairman that thinks you are a saviour.

Davie Moyes has made a career out of this and before you know it will be the next SFA saviour.

Eddie Howe has a huge amount of credit in the bank at Bournemouth, so I don't think he's in any danger at all. The others you mention, definitely are.

Exactly. If you listen to a lot of Bournemouth fans, they're incredibly grateful for what he's done for them.

They should have lost today. Watford were all over them and had the chances to win the game. Only woeful finishing and Chelsea scoring from a corner that never was, gave Chelsea the points. Sometimes it’s just your day.

No doubt over the 90mins Watford probably didn't deserve to lose but the game is all about taking your chances and ultimately on the day Chelsea were better at that.

Yes the officials got the corner decision wrong but Watford still had the chance to defend it. Swings and roundabouts etc.

On the managers I think Koeman and Bilic could be gone in the next few days

Koeman and Bilic hanging by a thread one more defeat will probably do for them .Hughes getting into that area though he has a habit of getting the team through bad patches.Wenger should go but won't.Chelsea well nothing surprises you in the EPL.Outside bet Roy at Palace :rolleyes:

The worst miss they scored right after it.

They had ample opportunities to defend the corner but stupidly left Pedro free.

I think Koeman and Bilic are dead men walking. Then you’d probably have Hughes and Clement.

Your first two are certs if things don't improve very quickly.
Hughes rapidly joining them.
I hope Clement gets a bit more time though.
Also, somebody mentioning Howe.
This would be a disgrace, if you ask me.

Pulis? Spent a fair bit over the summer and no real success so far.

Bilic is the obvious one though.
Pulls is a.funny one. He made genuine progress at Stoke, with the team improving every season. Doesn't matter what he does at West Brom, nothing changes

Defeats in the next game or 2 for Bilic & Koeman & they will be gone.

If Chelsea are a fair few points behind City at Xmas Conte will be struggling as well.

Pulls is a.funny one. He made genuine progress at Stoke, with the team improving every season. Doesn't matter what he does at West Brom, nothing changes
I find Pulis teams tend to stay in the same position despite spending a lot of money.

At Stoke the highest he finished was 11th in his second season and the lowest was 14th in his second last season last season. The points tally was almost the same too ranging from 42 to 47 in the five seasons.

Hughes took them to a slightly higher level but it’s kind of stagnated there recently.

I see Moyes us being linked with both the Everton and West Ham jobs this morning. If it keeps him away from the Scotland job, I'm all for it.

Bilic and Koeman are just awful

There are managers who do things that make you think you just know nothing about football - Smith could do that

Bilic and Koeman between playing Hernandez wide and Evertons summer window make you wonder if they have a clue what they are doing

I was surprised West Ham didn't sack Bilic yesterday after their result Friday night.

Your first two are certs if things don't improve very quickly.
Hughes rapidly joining them.
I hope Clement gets a bit more time though.
Also, somebody mentioning Howe.
This would be a disgrace, if you ask me.
I agree with you on Howe it would be shocking. But it's the epl. Chairmen panic when teams are near the bottom. Look at ranieri as an example. But as above he does have a lot in his favour so he may well be safe. For now.

Bilic and Koeman are just awful

There are managers who do things that make you think you just know nothing about football - Smith could do that

Bilic and Koeman between playing Hernandez wide and Evertons summer window make you wonder if they have a clue what they are doing

Yet many people were saying his summer signings were excellent and Sigurdsson was a snip at £45 million ...

Personally I don't think Koeman is a bad manager but I do believe that Everton simply isn't going to work out for him. Worth remembering that if Barkley had departed as planned he would have spent under £10 million in the summer.

I agree with you on Howe it would be shocking. But it's the epl. Chairmen panic when teams are near the bottom. Look at ranieri as an example. But as above he does have a lot in his favour so he may well be safe. For now.

I reckon there will be a bigger job than Bournemouth for Howe.

If they hadn't had a game within 3 days I think koeman would have been sacked on Thursday night. Think he'll be gone this week.

The worst miss they scored right after it.

They had ample opportunities to defend the corner but stupidly left Pedro free.

Watford will be kicking themselves with the chances they had.

They shot themsleves in the foot by leaving Pedro free certainly but you are never going to be happy when your opponents score from an incorrect refereeing decision.

No doubt over the 90mins Watford probably didn't deserve to lose but the game is all about taking your chances and ultimately on the day Chelsea were better at that.

Yes the officials got the corner decision wrong but Watford still had the chance to defend it. Swings and roundabouts etc.

On the managers I think Koeman and Bilic could be gone in the next few days

Watford definitely didn’t deserve to lose it but they had the chances and their finishing at times was criminal. Chelsea were just more fortunate on the day. When the ball came off the defender for Azpilicueta’s goal, it could have deflected anywhere. In the end the deflection could have barely been more fortunate for Chelsea but you do have to give Azpilicueta credit for getting into the position.

I reckon there will be a bigger job than Bournemouth for Howe.

I'm not sure.

Howe seems to get a free pass. There is no denying he has done a great job in getting them to where they are but he's spent an incredible amount of money on absolute shit since they got to the EPL in all honesty.

The same could be said when Adkins was at Southampton. Two promotions and then sacked for Pochettino to much outrage. Safe to say Southampton made the right choice.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea are looking for a new manager soon.

I was talking to a Man U fan on Friday and said to him that, in my opinion, there was no way Conte would be manager at the start of next season. Abramovic has history. 2 years seems to be what you get from him, max.

This season, Bilic or Koeman already look haunted. They know :D

Moyes being linked to jobs stuns me. Everton and West Ham would be off their heads to look at him.

Watching MotD last night and I was reminded how good a job Benitez does. His teams are awful to watch but he’s taken a squad which on paper is rotten and made them look like a pretty comfortable mid-table bet.

Yet many people were saying his summer signings were excellent and Sigurdsson was a snip at £45 million ...

Personally I don't think Koeman is a bad manager but I do believe that Everton simply isn't going to work out for him. Worth remembering that if Barkley had departed as planned he would have spent under £10 million in the summer.

Just because Man U gave Everton loads of money doesn't mean Koeman didn't spend a fortune

Net spend goes out the window when you get 70 odd million for one player..

Good finish, but what on Earth were Mertesaker and co doing just allowing how to casually take his time to have the shot?

Seen a few papers linking Moyes with a return, that would be a massive backwards step! Great for Moyes though! Koeman looks finished for sure

Seen a few papers linking Moyes with a return, that would be a massive backwards step! Great for Moyes though! Koeman looks finished for sure

That'd be a mental move. Moyes is finished in top level management or it's going to take a long time for him to be able manage again there. The Man Utd and Sunderland jobs just drained him.

Moyes has flopped badly at 3 clubs on the spin now.

Its inconceivable to think Everton would regard him as the best man for the job when they sack Koeman in the next day or 2

Moyes has flopped badly at 3 clubs on the spin now.

Its inconceivable to think Everton would regard him as the best man for the job when they sack Koeman in the next day or 2
Would certainly be a crazy appointment, up there with Palace going for Roy! More than likely just paper talk

Back