Erik Ten Hag officially announced

He's going to flop hard. Nowhere near the great coach people make him out to be. Having Marc Overmars overseeing things above him was a massive help. He's not getting that at Man Utd.
Hopefully Rangnick won't be firing in to young female colleagues like Overmars :D

Ten Hag is a brilliant manager, he can clearly see Jack Simpson is the backbone of the united defence and 30 million is no problem for them to pay

He cant fail to improve them, can he? Perfect timing for a rebuild, they'll throw (lots of) money at it, and whatever he does surely cant be any worse than the current crop?!

Hopefully he has a better signing policy than “He’s expensive so he MUST be good!”

Man Utd are a squad of wannabe rappers masquerading as footballers.

Was just wondering how things would have been on social media when the experts were in line for fergie's departure.

Lot of new forum names and tails between legs.

As long as the owners think that increased turnover and profit is better than winning trophies, nothing will change, however, in their favour, they have spent an absolute fortune with no return

Big task for a good manager. Man Utd genuinely need
New gk
New rb New cb Varane Shaw
New dm New dm
New rw fernandes sancho
New striker

They’ve got a rebuild to do over the next two years. Players like fernandes, sancho and have all shown good levels of quality out with this season. But they need to support ten Haag with the correct recruitment team or it will end badly. De Gea isn’t good enough at playing it out from the back for a top level club looking to win the league now, look at ederson and Allison, both miles ahead of De Gea overall.

Big task for a good manager. Man Utd genuinely need
New gk
New rb New cb Varane Shaw
New dm New dm
New rw fernandes sancho
New striker

They’ve got a rebuild to do over the next two years. Players like fernandes, sancho and have all shown good levels of quality out with this season. But they need to support ten Haag with the correct recruitment team or it will end badly. De Gea isn’t good enough at playing it out from the back for a top level club looking to win the league now, look at ederson and Allison, both miles ahead of De Gea overall.

Assuming realistically they will only be able to bring in 4 proper top players (and then maybe some younger/squad guys) - it has to be 2 central midfielders, a striker and then either a right back or right winger.

I can't see them buying yet another centre back this season - unless they can get someone on a free (eg. Rudiger).

They won't be trying to win the league next year so the likes of De Gea and Henderson are as good if not better than what Arsenal and Tottenham have. They could also get away with Wan Bissaka/Dalot for another year if need be.

I honestly would love to see this exact Utd team just with 2 proper central midfielders just to see what it's like. Genuinely think it's one of their biggest issues and why teams cut them open so easily. Just look at how much better we look with an on form Lundstram and fit Ryan Jack.

Man U have far to much in common with Aberdeen play in red, good under fergusson, a joke when he left and living on former glory slipping down the league position year on year

Wonder if this is their Derek Mcinnes phase

Assuming realistically they will only be able to bring in 4 proper top players (and then maybe some younger/squad guys) - it has to be 2 central midfielders, a striker and then either a right back or right winger.

I can't see them buying yet another centre back this season - unless they can get someone on a free (eg. Rudiger).

They won't be trying to win the league next year so the likes of De Gea and Henderson are as good if not better than what Arsenal and Tottenham have. They could also get away with Wan Bissaka/Dalot for another year if need be.

I honestly would love to see this exact Utd team just with 2 proper central midfielders just to see what it's like. Genuinely think it's one of their biggest issues and why teams cut them open so easily. Just look at how much better we look with an on form Lundstram and fit Ryan Jack.
Ten Haag plays a high line, Harry maguire/lindelof in a high line is an accident waiting to happen. That’s why they need a proper cb brought in. AWB/Dalot are also both terrible, definitely need a rb brought in. De Gea in a ball playing system just isn’t very good, he’s not great with the ball at his feet which is important at the top level. Sorting out the defence should be no1 priority, it’s what most title defences are built upon. Fred starting as a dm next season is probably preferable in a ten Haag system over Harry maguire starting.

I would argue this is the first good manager they've appointment since Ferguson.

Moyes was never ready for it or had the experience, Van Gaal was very much a manager with his best years about 10 years in the past, Mourinho was done as a top manager and in his lets just fight with everyone phase, Ole obviously had no experience and Rangnick is a Sporting Director.

I would say this is their first appointment that makes since since they got Fergie.
When you break it down like that, it makes sense and you might be right.

But if next season they finish 5th or 6th, does nothing in Europe and doesn't win any cups, does he get more time? That's just an example, obviously they could do better or worse. But I just think a manager would need time, like Fergie got to turn it around, cause it's that much of a mess. But it's rare to see anyone get time in modern football. Gerrard at us was a rare exception

I still can't get my head around Harry Maguire being the Man Utd captain tbh.

Back