Estudiantes return to their stadium for the first time since 2005

Just for clarity - is this what the punters saw live in the stadium? Or was it something they added via CGI to some existing footage? If the former then it must have been incredible to see live.

The Fat Japanese will be counting the shekels to see if they can trade the disco lights in for a hologram of a toothless leprechaun staggering its way around the StyDome.

Just out of interest, if this is what the punters would of seen live as it is in the video, how does it work?

Is it done via some sort of projector?

No crowd noise, no camera flashes - added afterwards. Which makes the suggestion it’s a hologram fanciful.
Looks pretty smart, regardless.

If that has been added in after then it is pretty shit tbh. If it is what they seen live then it is incredible.

Shite.

Most smart phones have those AR filters as standard these days. I can make the Avengers run about my livingroom right now if I wanted to. Making a massive flaming lion isn't really any different.

Remember them playing Man Utd in the super cup in 1968. Think nobby Stiles got sent off. Similar type of game as I recall when the Scum played in it the previous year.

Imagine a good few pints and rushing into you seat and a feckin great lion jumps over the main stand...this Bear would have shit himself.

mentally challenged sat watching that - Our lights at Paradise are way betterer than that.

If that's what those in the stands seen, fantastic.

Almost 15 years playing away from their own stadium? Story with that?

Almost 15 years playing away from their own stadium? Story with that?

Their previous stadium was declared unsafe in 2005 as it had old wooden stands, the club wanted to redevelop the stands but they struggled to get enough funding for it and even when they did have enough, the mayor/council kept refusing permission to build, saying that it would negatively affect the environment. Also the mayor wanted them to use the council-owned stadium in the city (the one they ended up using for 15 years) instead of redeveloping their old home. They finally started work a few years ago and it’s just been finished.

Interestingly the stadium they played in for 15 years is in La Plata (where they’re from) and was built in 2003, mainly for concerts. It’s actually far bigger than their brand new stadium (it holds 53,000 while their new stadium only holds 30,000). It certainly looks more modern than their new stadium, so I didn’t quite understand why they were so keen to move back. Tradition (they had been in their old stadium since 1907) and a better atmosphere, was my guess. The other stadium they were in was owned by the local council, which I now presume was probably the main reason (I can’t imagine it was cheap to rent and the aforementioned disagreements with the council about their new stadium probably left a lot of bad feeling).

It’s basically like if Ibrox was declared unsafe and instead of letting us fix it Glasgow City Council and the SFA decided not to let us and forced us to use Hampden instead (you can actually see them doing something like that, to be honest). You can understand why they’re so keen to go back.

Last edited:
Their previous stadium was declared unsafe in 2005 as it had old wooden stands, the club wanted to redevelop the stands but they struggled to get enough funding for it and even when they did have enough, the mayor/council kept refusing permission to build, saying that it would negatively affect the environment. Also the mayor wanted them to use the council-owned stadium in the city (the one they ended up using for 15 years) instead of redeveloping their old home. They finally started work a few years ago and it’s just been finished.

Interestingly the stadium they played in for 15 years is in La Plata (where they’re from) and was built in 2003, mainly for concerts. It’s actually far bigger than their brand new stadium (it holds 53,000 while their new stadium only holds 30,000). It certainly looks more modern than their new stadium, so I didn’t quite understand why they were so keen to move back. Tradition (they had been in their old stadium since 1907) and a better atmosphere, was my guess. The other stadium they were in was owned by the local council, which I now presume was probably the main reason (I can’t imagine it was cheap to rent and the aforementioned disagreements with the council about their new stadium probably left a lot of bad feeling).

It’s basically like if Ibrox was declared unsafe and instead of letting us fix it Glasgow City Council and the SFA decided not to let us and forced us to use Hampden instead (you can actually see them doing something like that, to be honest). You can understand why they’re so keen to go back.

Cheers mate.

Get the Hampden link but 15 years:eek: even Spurs built their ground quicker

If that’s real it’s incredible . Imagine a big grizzly bear tearing around Ibrox before a european game . Technology amazes me .

Is that the ground Scotland played Argentina in 1977, when Willie Johnstone got sent off?

Recognise that side of the ground that looks like hospitality boxes.

Back