Euro 2020 tickets

sammy1872

I know many got the email a couple weeks ago with the new terms and conditions. Has anyone been able to understand them. I dunno whether to take the refund or not. Are they saying if the euros is moved to just one country let’s say Russia and you don’t take the refund now you won’t be able to take the refund later on if that happens . Have tickets for Glasgow but no intention of going elsewhere and don’t want to risk losing the money . Anyone else decided or figured if that’s what they are saying

I didn't read it that way. My take was they were just covering themselves.

That if the games were moved abroad for any reason - or if they were played behind closed doors - that you'd be entitled to a refund of your ticket money but nothing else. i understood that to mean that they didn't want anyone claiming for lost expenditure on flights/hotels should the games be moved.

I know many got the email a couple weeks ago with the new terms and conditions. Has anyone been able to understand them. I dunno whether to take the refund or not. Are they saying if the euros is moved to just one country let’s say Russia and you don’t take the refund now you won’t be able to take the refund later on if that happens . Have tickets for Glasgow but no intention of going elsewhere and don’t want to risk losing the money . Anyone else decided or figured if that’s what they are saying
I’d say your best with the refund mate not a chance crowds will be allowed and if they are it will be very limited numbers I’d imagine

I took it that if the games get played BCD or capacity reduced then you are entitled to a refund whenever that happens but if you keep hold of your tickets after the refund deadline and then the game gets moved to another country your tickets are still classed as valid and you are not entitled to a refund. I would be amazed if it is not moved to just 1 country or even postponed again

I didn't read it that way. My take was they were just covering themselves.

That if the games were moved abroad for any reason - or if they were played behind closed doors - that you'd be entitled to a refund of your ticket money but nothing else. i understood that to mean that they didn't want anyone claiming for lost expenditure on flights/hotels should the games be moved.
this was my understanding too. i'll be keeping my tickets just in case

That is the impression I had personally, this isn't official but I think this sums it up pretty well:

Ticket Returns and Refunds

Those who have already purchased tickets for Euro 2020 can now return them for a full refund until 26 January, 1pm GMT. Anyone who does not request a refund by this date will tacitly accept the new terms and conditions, which restrict the grounds for refunds in the future.

Ticket buyers will not be able to claim refunds for matches that are rescheduled even if they are unable to attend. cancelled, played behind closed doors or moved to a venue where there's a restricted capacity.

That is not the old policy, the updated terms are below

Stadium capacity restrictions and refunds

In the event UEFA has to cancel your ticket order(s) as a result of a stadium capacity reduction or as a result of the match having to be played ‘behind closed doors’, the refund policy now specifies that you will be entitled to receive a full refund of your ticket price.

The refund policy also now specifically refers to a ‘pandemic’ in the definition of force majeure.

That is the old policy, the updated terms are below

Stadium capacity restrictions and refunds

In the event UEFA has to cancel your ticket order(s) as a result of a stadium capacity reduction or as a result of the match having to be played ‘behind closed doors’, the refund policy now specifies that you will be entitled to receive a full refund of your ticket price.

The refund policy also now specifically refers to a ‘pandemic’ in the definition of force majeure.
See your point - deleted previous post as will confuse people, like the official website does.

Last edited:
I took the new terms to mean they could change the time or venue and if they decided it was reasonable I wouldn't be able to get a refund when these changes happened. I took a refund on my tickets just now.

I would love to have got to a euros game but to be honest i'd rather spend the money going to Rangers games when crowds are allowed back.

When I read this looks like Force Majure covers them:

Change of Venue For the purposes of this refund policy, a “change of venue” shall occur if the Match is, for any reason, re-scheduled by UEFA to an alternative stadium compared to the scheduled venue at the time of purchase of the Ticket (whether such alternative stadium is located within the same host country or a new host country). If UEFA notifies the Successful Applicant that their Ticket(s) is not valid for the re-scheduled venue for the Match (e.g., due to limitations of the replacement stadium), UEFA shall not have any liability to the Successful Applicant but shall issue the Successful Applicant with a refund of an amount equal to the face value of the Ticket(s). If UEFA notifies the Successful Applicant that their Ticket(s) is valid for the re-scheduled venue for the Match then where the change of venue was made for: (a) any reason of Force Majeure, no refunds shall be made; or (b) any reason other than Force Majeure, the Successful Applicant shall be entitled to cancel their Ticket(s) and request a refund equal to the amount of the face value of the Ticket(s) if the Successful Applicant is unable, or opts not, to attend the rearranged playing of the Match

I have returned mine, just as I can see it being hard work and definitely reduced capacity.

I’ve decided to cancel my last 16 tickets since I don’t even know who’s playing . I’ll keep the Scotland Croatia tickets and take that chance. I’ve cut my losses at the least . The Scotland tickets are viagogo that I bought after the playoff so they are looking like a waste of money atm

I’ve decided to cancel my last 16 tickets since I don’t even know who’s playing . I’ll keep the Scotland Croatia tickets and take that chance. I’ve cut my losses at the least . The Scotland tickets are viagogo that I bought after the playoff so they are looking like a waste of money atm
Exactly that same as me, I’m willing to gamble as regards the Scotland game but just going to take a refund for my other tickets.

I was thinking on doing this, keeping a hold of the Scotland v Croatia ones and returning the ones for the R16.

Exactly that same as me, I’m willing to gamble as regards the Scotland game but just going to take a refund for my other tickets.
I don’t feel I have a choice for the Scotland game. I bought them at inflated prices on viagogo. F%ck knows what happens if it’s reduced capacity or moved to Russia when it’s resale tickets . I’m just currently writing them off and if I get something or the game goes ahead in Glasgow then great

I've only got last 16. Worked it out its winner of Spain group vs 3rd of A/B/C/D bought them via UEFA. At present im thinking that it won't go ahead here or with fans. However if there is change of events to allow fans in next 6 months then it be a bonus. If not refund it is

Will Scotland get a 50/50 split of Wembley in terms of supporters allocation seeing as its effectively classed as a neutral venue for the euros?

Basing the above on fans being allowed access which at present would appear unlikely.

I believe UEFA have said they will announce by early March.
UEFA have asked the host cities for an answer by 5th March on whether crowds will be permitted by local authorities. All hosts have said no chance of an answer by that deadline, they are asking UEFA to wait until mid April for the answer.

I have Portugal v France in Budapest on 23rd June who knows but not booking anything until at least Easter once our own country gets moving and see the risks at that point. Think I heard UEFA were making a decision in March over whether it would still be in multiple cities.

I have Portugal v France in Budapest on 23rd June who knows but not booking anything until at least Easter once our own country gets moving and see the risks at that point. Think I heard UEFA were making a decision in March over whether it would still be in multiple cities.
Decent price of 40 quid odd return now from Edinburgh with Ryanair for that, can't see it going ahead but worse gambles - would expect it to shoot up if somehow we have normality by then.

We’ve got hospitality at Wembley and the girl from yoofa advised us 5 th March was when they were meeting to decide.
5th March is the date UEFA want to decide but host cities are hitting back saying there is no chance they will be able to give UEFA a solid answer by then.

5th March is the date UEFA want to decide but host cities are hitting back saying there is no chance they will be able to give UEFA a solid answer by then.
If they’re going to re-arrange it for June in , say Russia as has been rumoured, they will require plent notice to rearrange. If there’s no fans , they still won’t want teams travelling all over Europe, better to contain it in one place.

Olympics about to be cancelled too. It’s done, certainly won’t be any fans if it were to go ahead.

If they’re going to re-arrange it for June in , say Russia as has been rumoured, they will require plent notice to rearrange. If there’s no fans , they still won’t want teams travelling all over Europe, better to contain it in one place.
I work at Wembley, at this stage there is no talk of moving the tournament to Russia but we'll see what happens when this March deadline comes.

I took the refund for my 2nd tickets at Hampden last night. I just can’t see this part of the world being opened up for mass gatherings by June.

I'm holding mine. Vaccines and better weather gives me some hope for June.

My money is gone and no chance of getting tickets if I return these. So happy to wait and see in case I get some. I will end up with tickets or my money back in the end.

I won't be going to Russia but expect a UK tournament with some crowds. 22K going to the Superbowl next month.

I'm holding mine. Vaccines and better weather gives me some hope for June.

My money is gone and no chance of getting tickets if I return these. So happy to wait and see in case I get some. I will end up with tickets or my money back in the end.

I won't be going to Russia but expect a UK tournament with some crowds. 22K going to the Superbowl next month.
Im holding on to mine as well end of the day we either get to go or get money back just that the money is tied up till summer

I’ve got tickets for the knockout at Hampden but have passed them on to family as I’ll be abroad on holiday. They are happy to wait it out and we’ll take the refund if it doesn’t go ahead.

Personally I can see the tournament being centralised. Falling that if it’s in its planned format, there is no chance of the Scottish Government allowing 50k inside Hampden. More chance I’ll get abroad on holiday than them getting to the match IMO.

As above I’m holding onto the tickets for family. I believe it to be risk free, as the money is refunded if you don’t get in. Where do you think the risk is?
Guess it depends on your circumstances, they might not say you can't get in till a few weeks before - bit crap if you have trains/hotels/time off work booked. Not keen on going Football when it is limited capacity myself - can see why some people would but not for me. Still finding it hard to accept to be honest - was really looking forward to it all, tickets for London. Dublin and Rome - already done £100 on flights for last Summer!

Back