Euro 2024 Germany

Hotels going to be through the roof for it like. Düsseldorf and Frankfurt the cheapest from recent experience. You wouldn’t really want to stay in Dortmund or Gelsenkirchen but Essen or Bochum be alright. Draw will be a big part of it all at the end of the day.

Hotels going to be through the roof for it like. Düsseldorf and Frankfurt the cheapest from recent experience. You wouldn’t really want to stay in Dortmund or Gelsenkirchen but Essen or Bochum be alright. Draw will be a big part of it all at the end of the day.
when is it penciled in?

since the Qualifiers start this weekend anyone showing interest in them or the idea of heading to Germany in summer of 24
I will be doing the whole tournament (as far as England go) next year pending qualification. Can't wait. The Germans know how to do football. It's going to be a cracking tournament. Still deciding whether to do in and out trips for each game, the full month out there or something in between.

Is the UEFA ballot due soon?

Expect more info will come soon.

EURO 2024 will take place in Germany from June 14 to July 14, 2024. Now the start of the first sales phase has also been set.

Ticket sales for EURO 2024 will start on October 3rd.

Speaking on the sidelines of the UEFA Congress in Lisbon (Portugal), UEFA Tournament Director Martin Kallen confirmed that the first phase of ticket sales for EURO 2024 will start on 3 October. In the first phase of the tournament there should be tickets in all four prize categories. It was not announced when the further sales phases will take place.

UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin had previously said that he hoped EURO 2024 would play a pioneering role in terms of sustainability for future major sporting events: "It will be the greenest European Championship in history," said the Slovenian: "We will show that our planet can be protected needs."
To achieve this, Germany will be divided into three geographically separate regions during the group stage. The areas are North-East, Central-West and Central-South. It is planned that the EM participants assigned to the different areas will play all three preliminary round games in the respective region. This should ensure shorter travel distances during the group phase, so that they can also be made by train or bus.

Germany will play the opening game on June 14 at the Munich Arena. On June 19, the *** selection will play in Stuttgart, at the end of the group phase on June 23 in Frankfurt (Main). The other EM participants are currently being determined in the qualification, the draw for the group phase will take place on December 3rd in the Hamburg Elbphilarmonie.

Expect more info will come soon.

EURO 2024 will take place in Germany from June 14 to July 14, 2024. Now the start of the first sales phase has also been set.

Speaking on the sidelines of the UEFA Congress in Lisbon (Portugal), UEFA Tournament Director Martin Kallen confirmed that the first phase of ticket sales for EURO 2024 will start on 3 October. In the first phase of the tournament there should be tickets in all four prize categories. It was not announced when the further sales phases will take place.

UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin had previously said that he hoped EURO 2024 would play a pioneering role in terms of sustainability for future major sporting events: "It will be the greenest European Championship in history," said the Slovenian: "We will show that our planet can be protected needs."
To achieve this, Germany will be divided into three geographically separate regions during the group stage. The areas are North-East, Central-West and Central-South. It is planned that the EM participants assigned to the different areas will play all three preliminary round games in the respective region. This should ensure shorter travel distances during the group phase, so that they can also be made by train or bus.

Germany will play the opening game on June 14 at the Munich Arena. On June 19, the *** selection will play in Stuttgart, at the end of the group phase on June 23 in Frankfurt (Main). The other EM participants are currently being determined in the qualification, the draw for the group phase will take place on December 3rd in the Hamburg Elbphilarmonie.
So venues are likely to be changed?

It will be a good tournament, but I can see it kicking off alot off the pitch.

Me and my girlfriend decided last night we will go to this as the World Cup in 26 is now unlikely. Thinking Dusseldorf would be the best place to base ourselves.

It will be a good tournament, but I can see it kicking off alot off the pitch.
Aye Berlin and Leipzig the potential for most trouble. Frankfurt as well.

I think it’ll be quite dear to be honest, Hotels are mad in some German cities at the minute.

Aside from Germany presumably playing all games in Berlin, can we predict where any other countries might play?

Aside from Germany presumably playing all games in Berlin, can we predict where any other countries might play?
It’s already set where they will play mate in the groups, none are in Berlin. In fact if they reach the final as group winners only their last match will be in Berlin.

It’s already set where they will play mate in the groups, none are in Berlin. In fact if they reach the final as group winners only their last match will be in Berlin.
Wow okay fair enough

so anyone else we can try and plot where they’ll play?

Wow okay fair enough

so anyone else we can try and plot where they’ll play?
We’ll see post 69, that in there kind of makes me think they are going to change the venues for each group? As if you look at them now it seems to me you can play in three different cities but that seems to say they are going to changing the format.

Airbnb is the answer
I’ll just be going wherever England play mate, I’ve been to watch matches in over 50 German grounds this last 10 years so seen enough of it now. Best for the groups for me will be Duss and Cologne really. Can’t book anything till the draw basically.

Anyone know when flights for June 2024 will go on sale? Thinking of trying to get flights as early as possible to a base and then use public transport to go between cities as needed.

Potentially taking my two lads with me so trying to be organised as possible :))

Anyone know when flights for June 2024 will go on sale? Thinking of trying to get flights as early as possible to a base and then use public transport to go between cities as needed.

Potentially taking my two lads with me so trying to be organised as possible :))
Normally a year in advance

The new Deutschland ticket will come in really handy here - 49euros per month for travel all over germany (not the ICE though) - not sure if available for non residents though.

the 2006 world cup here was amazing - the Frankurt fanzone was along the river bank with a big screen set in the river.

Is Gelsenkirchen and Dortmund worth visiting? I thought they were just industrial cities with not much around.

Nah. Dortmund for the football, but it's pretty much hell on earth as soon as the final whistle goes. Pished BVB fans everywhere. The McDonald's at the Hauptbahnhof is not a pretty sight.

Gelsenkirchen is somehow worse. Possibly the worst place in Germany — an impressive feat given the stiff competition.

Most people stay in Cologne or Dusseldorf then go through for the game, but you could feasibly stay in Hamburg or Berlin (or anywhere else, really) so long as you don't mind paying for ICE.

Nah. Dortmund for the football, but it's pretty much hell on earth as soon as the final whistle goes. Pished BVB fans everywhere. The McDonald's at the Hauptbahnhof is not a pretty sight.

Gelsenkirchen is somehow worse. Possibly the worst place in Germany — an impressive feat given the stiff competition.

Most people stay in Cologne or Dusseldorf then go through for the game, but you could feasibly stay in Hamburg or Berlin (or anywhere else, really) so long as you don't mind paying for ICE.
We are thinking of Hamburg for a couple of days and then getting a train to Dusseldorf but no solid plans as it's so far away.

Hoping Scotland make it. Will be a fantastic tournament..

Suppose
We’ll see post 69, that in there kind of makes me think they are going to change the venues for each group? As if you look at them now it seems to me you can play in three different cities but that seems to say they are going to changing the format.
I got that impression

My brother lives in Munich and as a Northern Ireland fan I'll be rightly pissed off if we don't qualify!!! Just praying the return of Michael will see us through!

I don't think I will apply for specific tickets. Probably just go to the cities I fancy and hope for the best when it comes to tickets. Just hope England and Scotland aren't based where I am as I'd much rather be around different football cultures.

I don't think I will apply for specific tickets. Probably just go to the cities I fancy and hope for the best when it comes to tickets. Just hope England and Scotland aren't based where I am as I'd much rather be around different football cultures.
apply for England/Scotland one's if not using them give me first dibs

Back