Official Euro 2024 thread

Sonsofwilliam1989

Official Ticketer
German squad out

Goalkeepers: Oliver Baumann (Hoffenheim), Alex Nubel (Stuttgart), Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Barcelona)

Defenders: Waldemar Anton (Stuttgart), Benjamin Henrichs (RB Leipzig), Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich), Robin Koch (Eintracht Frankfurt), Maximilian Mittelstadt (Stuttgart), David Raum (RB Leipzig), Antonio Rudiger (Real Madrid), Nico Schlotterbeck (Borussia Dortmund), Jonathan Tah (Bayer Leverkusen)

Midfielders: Robert Andrich (Bayer Leverkusen), Chris Fuhrich (Stuttgart), Pascal Gross (Brighton and Hove Albion), Ilkay Gundogan (Barcelona), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Jamal Musiala (Bayern Munich), Aleksandar Pavlovic (Bayern Munich), Leroy Sane (Bayern Munich), Florian Wirtz (Bayer Leverkusen)

Forwards: Maximilian Beier (Hoffenheim), Niclas Fullkrug (Borussia Dortmund), Kai Havertz (Arsenal), Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich), Deniz Undav (Stuttgart)

If a thread like this can go this far without someone saying something like “England win nothing with that dullard Southgate” then anything is possible!

If a thread like this can go this far without someone saying something like “England win nothing with that dullard Southgate” then anything is possible!

I think it’s sort of true though. I think he’s too pragmatic as a coach, especially for the squad England have.

I think it’s sort of true though. I think he’s too pragmatic as a coach, especially for the squad England have.

Bored of it pal, heard it for 6 years now. Really not arsed with all the good times I’ve had following them since he took over. What happens happens.

Group Winners....
Germany (r/up Switzerland)
Spain (Croatia)
Denmark (England)
France (Netherlands)
Belgium (Ukraine)
Portugal (Czech Republic)

Isn’t it great to have a proper tournament at a great footballing venue?

My support for Scotland has withered over the years but it is fantastic to be involved.

Euro's have better group games than the World Cup. Some of the teams from Africa, Asia and Central America wouldn't get out of a Euro Qualifying group.
This is harder to win imo.

It isn’t really, the betting reflects that as well. Both England and France are much shorter then they were for the World Cup.

German squad out

Goalkeepers: Oliver Baumann (Hoffenheim), Alex Nubel (Stuttgart), Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Barcelona)

Defenders: Waldemar Anton (Stuttgart), Benjamin Henrichs (RB Leipzig), Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich), Robin Koch (Eintracht Frankfurt), Maximilian Mittelstadt (Stuttgart), David Raum (RB Leipzig), Antonio Rudiger (Real Madrid), Nico Schlotterbeck (Borussia Dortmund), Jonathan Tah (Bayer Leverkusen)

Midfielders: Robert Andrich (Bayer Leverkusen), Chris Fuhrich (Stuttgart), Pascal Gross (Brighton and Hove Albion), Ilkay Gundogan (Barcelona), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Jamal Musiala (Bayern Munich), Aleksandar Pavlovic (Bayern Munich), Leroy Sane (Bayern Munich), Florian Wirtz (Bayer Leverkusen)

Forwards: Maximilian Beier (Hoffenheim), Niclas Fullkrug (Borussia Dortmund), Kai Havertz (Arsenal), Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich), Deniz Undav (Stuttgart)
What happened to good old German names like Fritz, Wolfgang, Karl-Heinz, Franz and Klaus?

60 odd caps for one of the best national teams in the world.

In team of the tournament at a Euros.

Hardly put a foot wrong all season.

Liability apparently.
Absolutely. Always an error in him. Rio Ferdinand was the same.

Will take Rudiger and Schlotterebeck over him and that's the only squad I've seen so far. Imagine majority of England and Man Utd fans would say the same.

Will take Rudiger and Schlotterebeck over him and that's the only squad I've seen so far. Imagine majority of England and Man Utd fans would say the same.
Rio Ferdinand was absolutely top drawer.

Rio Ferdinand was absolutely top drawer.
Made many a mistake through lack of concentration. Both CB's you have MaGuire starting before are currently playing at a higher standard and are Champions League Finalists. MaGuire part of Man Utd squad with worst defensive record for about 20+ years.

Can’t have the Dortmund lad myself, the number they have conceded in a league like that is incredible. Saturday was terrible from him.

Can’t have the Dortmund lad myself, the number they have conceded in a league like that is incredible. Saturday was terrible from him.
Must be doing something right. Dont get to CL Final with a shit defence. Still would have him ahead of Maguire any day of the week. That was the opinion I was giving.

Must be doing something right. Dont get to CL Final with a shit defence. Still would have him ahead of Maguire any day of the week. That was the opinion I was giving.

He must be do but I also wonder why nobody has came in for him. How they never conceded against PSG is something I’ll never know, only two clean sheets they’ve had in 10 I think and Atletico made a right balls up of things despite scoring 4 against them, one of Simeones worst results as a Manager.

Back