Europa League Squad Confirmed

I’ve taken the liberty of formatting it in a better way to show where players have fit in.

HGC (1/4)
McGregor

HGN (3/4)
Arfield
Jack
Stewart

Other (17/17)
McLaughin
Tavernier
Bassey
Helander
Goldson
Balogun
Barisic
Hagi
Davis
Kent
Zungu
Aribo
Kamara
Itten
Morelos
Barker
Roofe

Unregistered
Firth
Edmundson
Katic
Defoe
Jones

B list players include Patterson and Barjonas

Zungu’s squad number given as 15 as well

Defoe will hopefully still have a big part to play in the domestic games following these ties.

Hopefully its down to squad management., but its a sign of the strength of the squad.

Surprised Jones isnt in there.

This home grown rule is utter farcical.

An restricting it to a 'squad' is ridiculous.

Play the games and allow each club to select which players they want at the time of each game ffs.

Jones himself in a recent interview said he was moping around training feeling sorry for himself, it's clear barker must be doing and showing alot more at training.

It's good to see jones back recently but it's clear he must do alot more to warrant knocking someone out of the europa squad just yet.

Seems the guys left out are in good company. Arsenal have left out Ozil, Sokratis, Saliba & Martinelli.

Does anyone know why Roofe's EL squad number is 28?
I was wondering this myself. Took a look to see if Firth had maybe been on the bench as 25 but Roofe played the Red Imps game wearing 25 so that should’ve locked that squad number in for him.

Checked the rules and it specifies from the group stages that the numbers become locked so I now really don’t get why he’s listed as 28.

This home grown rule is utter farcical.

An restricting it to a 'squad' is ridiculous.

Play the games and allow each club to select which players they want at the time of each game ffs.
Disagree. Means clubs have to be a bit more savvy with their signings.

Surprised we don't have something similar domestically as well.

Looks like those that have been missing through injury pre the international break are ready to go

Defoe will hopefully still have a big part to play in the domestic games following these ties.

Hopefully its down to squad management., but its a sign of the strength of the squad.

Surprised Jones isnt in there.

The game’s played more outside of the box the higher level football goes.

Jermain’s talents these days are inside the box.

Im not surprised to be honest.

I’ve taken the liberty of formatting it in a better way to show where players have fit in.

HGC (1/4)
McGregor

HGN (3/4)
Arfield
Jack
Stewart

Other (17/17)
McLaughin
Tavernier
Bassey
Helander
Goldson
Balogun
Barisic
Hagi
Davis
Kent
Zungu
Aribo
Kamara
Itten
Morelos
Barker
Roofe

Unregistered
Firth
Edmundson
Katic
Defoe
Jones

B list players include Patterson and Barjonas

Zungu’s squad number given as 15 as well

Mate, I know I'm probably being completely thick here, but what do your 'HGC', 'HGN' and 'Other' headers stand for/represent?

Aren't we limited with the main squad number wise due the lack of Home grown players?

Maximum is 25?

Mate, I know I'm probably being completely thick here, but what do your 'HGC', 'HGN' and 'Other' headers stand for/represent?
Home Grown Club - someone who was at your club for 3 years between 15-21
Home Grown Nation - someone who was at another club in your country for 3 years between 15-21
Other - couldn’t think of a better title :)) That’s players registered to play who don’t fit in the above two categories

It’s slightly more convoluted for HGC/HGN qualification but that’s basically it.

Reactions: lwl
I was wondering this myself. Took a look to see if Firth had maybe been on the bench as 25 but Roofe played the Red Imps game wearing 25 so that should’ve locked that squad number in for him.

Checked the rules and it specifies from the group stages that the numbers become locked so I now really don’t get why he’s listed as 28.
I imagine it's an error on the site.

As you say, he's been the only player who has used 25 in the qualifiers this year, so it's not as if someone else has used the number.

Kent was 26 in Europe in his first season and Lafferty was number 38 due to Kent changing to 14 and Windass using 11 in the qualifiers.

Back