European football trips (Not Rangers)

Heading to Bologna next week to take in their game against Udinese - any tips on best part of the stadium to get tickets for would be much appreciated!
Try for either of the curve. Good views and the cheapest. Distinti has the best views but can be pricey.
Usual burger vans outside but there’s a shopping centre behind the distinti that has a good bar in it. Other than that you’ll need to walk a bit down the road back to town for bars - Not far though.

Can’t believe Dynamo flogged that at 2up. That match on Sunday will probably have Police overkill but what a big one it is even more now.
Just got back late last night from my trip. BFC were so far ahead in the game but last 15 minutes they let Erfurt in and the home crowd was not happy. Babelsberg were completely outplayed, Cottbus should go up I'd think now. Although I think they've still to play BFC. The atmosphere in Potsdam was cracking, like an old-school British game used to be, with both sets of fans giving it to each other.

I went to see Hertha Zehlendorf on the Saturday, they won 7-1, nice wee club. Good fans, and a good wee social club as well for a pint.

Just got back late last night from my trip. BFC were so far ahead in the game but last 15 minutes they let Erfurt in and the home crowd was not happy. Babelsberg were completely outplayed, Cottbus should go up I'd think now. Although I think they've still to play BFC. The atmosphere in Potsdam was cracking, like an old-school British game used to be, with both sets of fans giving it to each other.

I went to see Hertha Zehlendorf on the Saturday, they won 7-1, nice wee club. Good fans, and a good wee social club as well for a pint.
That sounds brilliant! Hopeful of going to some lower league German games at some point too. Do you have any pictures of the stadium etc that you took?

That sounds brilliant! Hopeful of going to some lower league German games at some point too. Do you have any pictures of the stadium etc that you took?
Loads on my Insta mate.

Would love to make it back for the last weekend of the season but can't do it, so it'll be next year for me. Regionalliga Nordost is just brilliant.

As I posted in the thread, last weekend I went to Dusseldorf v Furth. The attendance was around 36,000, including a decent away support. Dusseldorf won 1-0 but not without an overturned penalty for Furth which they find controversial. Enjoyed the stadium inside as it had good facilities but it isn't much to look at from the outside and there isn't that much in the area around. A pretty good atmosphere inside as Dusseldorf go for promotion.

Dusseldorf nightlife was also good. Spent a few hours in Uerige (recommended by Wazza) where they keep bringing you beer until you tell them to stop.

Loads on my Insta mate.

Would love to make it back for the last weekend of the season but can't do it, so it'll be next year for me. Regionalliga Nordost is just brilliant.

It’s a great league. Noticed Leipzig Derby tickets were on sale last week, was surprised you could get one in general sale easy enough. Always think it’s a very underrated Derby.

It’s a great league. Noticed Leipzig Derby tickets were on sale last week, was surprised you could get one in general sale easy enough. Always think it’s a very underrated Derby.
I'm quite lucky when it comes to Chemie tickets as my mate supports them. I've not been to one yet but I think I'll schedule a trip for next year around one. It's a proper derby match in my eyes. I'd rather do one at the Bruno though. As tidy as it is, the Sportpark is just too small for it.

I'm quite lucky when it comes to Chemie tickets as my mate supports them. I've not been to one yet but I think I'll schedule a trip for next year around one. It's a proper derby match in my eyes. I'd rather do one at the Bruno though. As tidy as it is, the Sportpark is just too small for it.

Been for a look around the Lok one, quite interesting getting tram back up to ZentralStadion when RB are at home and seeing the contrast in things. One of the most interesting Football cities in Europe.

Been for a look around the Lok one, quite interesting getting tram back up to ZentralStadion when RB are at home and seeing the contrast in things. One of the most interesting Football cities in Europe.
It really is. It's funny the Chemie fans believe they're the "people's" club of the city due to how much the fans basically built the club back up, and they actually did finance one of the stands. Like you, I've only had a look around the Lok stadium but there's something a bit special about old Eastern bloc football grounds. That's why I love the Sportforum in Berlin so much.

It really is. It's funny the Chemie fans believe they're the "people's" club of the city due to how much the fans basically built the club back up, and they actually did finance one of the stands. Like you, I've only had a look around the Lok stadium but there's something a bit special about old Eastern bloc football grounds. That's why I love the Sportforum in Berlin so much.

Bit like going back in time some of the places that way, Zwickau was an experience and Dynamo Dresden is an eye opener.

Did you take a wander around Zehlendorf? It has some of the maddest houses in Berlin — the "Bonzen" (or bigwigs), it's where the proper rich live.

Maybe going a bit off piste, but Onkle Toms Hutte nearby is one of the best/most underrated sights to see if you're in Berlin and enjoy your architecture. It's basically a housing estate imagined by the Bauhaus. Incredible to walk through in summer:

Did you take a wander around Zehlendorf? It has some of the maddest houses in Berlin — the "Bonzen" (or bigwigs), it's where the proper rich live.

Maybe going a bit off piste, but Onkle Toms Hutte nearby is one of the best/most underrated sights to see if you're in Berlin and enjoy you're architecture. It's basically a housing estate imagined by the Bauhaus. Incredible to walk through in summer:

I did and the first thing that struck me was "this is money" :D

I was staying in and an around Charlottenburg so quite close by.

I did take my first stroll along Prenzlauer Berg as well. I did the Kulturbrauerei as they had a Heavy Metal in the DDR exhibit on.

I did and the first thing that struck me was "this is money" :D

I was staying in and an around Charlottenburg so quite close by.

I did take my first stroll along Prenzlauer Berg as well. I did the Kulturbrauerei as they had a Heavy Metal in the DDR exhibit on.

Haha, yeah, Prenzlauer Berg is... I still love it but it's now yuppie to the point it's almost a parody. You literally hear more American accents here than you would in Brooklyn. I moved from Neukolln about 5 years ago and while I'm glad to be away from the madness of there, you do miss the "proper" grungy Berlin side of it.

Class you went to the football, though. Tennis Borussia is the only one I've went to watch consistently... not sure they'd be FF's cup of tea, haha.

Haha, yeah, Prenzlauer Berg is... I still love it but it's now yuppie to the point it's almost a parody. You literally hear more American accents here than you would in Brooklyn. I moved from Neukolln about 5 years ago and while I'm glad to be away from the madness of there, you do miss the "proper" grungy Berlin side of it.

Class you went to the football, though. Tennis Borussia is the only one I've went to watch consistently... not sure they'd be FF's cup of tea, haha.
I went to the Mommsenstadion a couple of months ago and they let me in for a look around :D

That's what I love about certain parts of Berlin, the grimey grungey side to it. I see people from the UK going all the time and it's all expensive bars and hipster places, fuck that. I stumbled into a shithole pub in Lichtenberg called the Galaxy, that was right up my street.

Bit like going back in time some of the places that way, Zwickau was an experience and Dynamo Dresden is an eye opener.
Doesn't look as though they'll get promoted, but I'm hoping to get to a Dresden game next season.
Can you post some more info...I'm hoping it was an eye opener in a good way?

Doesn't look as though they'll get promoted, but I'm hoping to get to a Dresden game next season.
Can you post some more info...I'm hoping it was an eye opener in a good way?

Mainly referring to K Block there, which is their Ultras end. They basically run the end to a degree, you can see people being thrown out for not singing, told to cover up certain colours, arguments going on over not supporting enough. There is a bar in it which opens right out on to the terrace, bar is full of memorabilia - it’s excellent. Be wary if you go in as an outsider, you’ll be alright just don’t go bang in the middle of the terrace would be my advice if you go in K Block, don’t take photos and don’t go in a large group.

Mainly referring to K Block there, which is their Ultras end. They basically run the end to a degree, you can see people being thrown out for not singing, told to cover up certain colours, arguments going on over not supporting enough. There is a bar in it which opens right out on to the terrace, bar is full of memorabilia - it’s excellent. Be wary if you go in as an outsider, you’ll be alright just don’t go bang in the middle of the terrace would be my advice if you go in K Block, don’t take photos and don’t go in a large group.
Wow, sounds a bit intimidating, but good!! Cheers for the info

Went a few years ago after Rangers played Leipzig. Wasn't it in K-block but wandered around their ultras section pre match. Concourse etc was amazing. Think I've got pictures on another thread on here somewhere. One of my favourite German grounds. They create some atmosphere!

Had a ticket for ultras section at Magdeburg in Feb. Was taking a few pics in Concourse pre match and got told by some ultras that section wasn't for tourist. Just moved a few standing blocks along nearer corner flag and had no issues.

Went a few years ago after Rangers played Leipzig. Wasn't it in K-block but wandered around their ultras section pre match. Concourse etc was amazing. Think I've got pictures on another thread on here somewhere. One of my favourite German grounds. They create some atmosphere!

Had a ticket for ultras section at Magdeburg in Feb. Was taking a few pics in Concourse pre match and got told by some ultras that section wasn't for tourist. Just moved a few standing blocks along nearer corner flag and had no issues.

I always think Dresden K Block and Rostock Sud are the two everyone should experience once if in to FanCulture. I walked through the Magdeburg block last November (had been in away end) and had a similar vibe, it’s pretty evident the difference between west and east in Germany I find on that front.

On my bucket list to do that derby some day. Tickets easier than normal next week due to the league situation?

Posted this in the Bundesliga thread last night. Grim times for HSV

I was there last April for the derby and tickets were pretty easy, I think it was down to ticket prices more than anything.

Some parts of the stadium were over 100 euro per ticket, it's the same for next week too I believe. The Nord tribune had banners about the ticket prices a few weeks ago .

Outwith that, if you go over regularly you'll always end up with contacts that's good for tickets.

Back