European squad updated - no Helander

“No place for Itten”

This bodes well. Clearly Gio and his staff have identified Itten’s utter uselessness in the last few games and he’ll be bombed out entirely.

I would only resort to Itten in the last 15-20 minutes of the game when we need a goal as an additional body in the box. Even then I’d genuinely be tempted to put someone like Balogun up front before him.

Few points:

How f*cking infuriating that our return dates for injury are always wrong.
Why is Simpson still here.
Why the f*ck has Gio started Itten in vital games only to not have him in the Euro squad (He should be in neither btw).
Some injuries have predictable timelines for healing, individuals don't always follow those timelines.

Nobody wants Simpson.

Itten should have been left on loan and Defoe should have been kept.

No, please tell me where you got that from my message mate - I'm just saying this place is full of shitebags after a bad result.

ok ill simplify it for you, you said this place is full of shitebags after A bad result (singular)

we are on a run of bad results, including just getting over the line v Livi at home.

Some injuries have predictable timelines for healing, individuals don't always follow those timelines.

Nobody wants Simpson.

Itten should have been left on loan and Defoe should have been kept.
Why do ours never follow the timelines.

Why were clubs interested in that dud yet he is still here.

Agreed. Another terrible set of transfer decisions.

ok ill simplify it for you, you said this place is full of shitebags after A bad result (singular)

we are on a run of bad results, including just getting over the line v Livi at home.
Don't be condescending, no need to simplify it - I don't know how you can take what I have said that way, I said this place is full of shitebags after a bad result, that means every one of them.

You are genuinely telling me you don't come on here after a bad result and think some of the reaction is over the top?

Why do ours never follow the timelines.

Why were clubs interested in that dud yet he is still here.

Agreed. Another terrible set of transfer decisions.
I hope it's nothing to do with the physio team, but you couldn't say it wasn't for sure.

Were clubs really interested, the fact he is still here tells me no.

Defoe would have been there for both Lowry crosses in that Livi game.

Don't be condescending, no need to simplify it - I don't know how you can take what I have said that way, I said this place is full of shitebags after a bad result, that means every one of them.

You are genuinely telling me you don't come on here after a bad result and think some of the reaction is over the top?

i do, absolutely it is over the top

but don't you find it a little ironic calling another poster condescending when its yourself calling others shitebags?

i do, absolutely it is over the top

but don't you find it a little ironic calling another poster condescending when its yourself calling others shitebags?
I'm not being condescending by calling a shitebag a shitebag, that's a opinion - I'm not on a forum feeling as though I have to simplify stuff for other folk either.

Do you understand my original point now though?

I'm not being condescending by calling a shitebag a shitebag, that's a opinion - I'm not on a forum feeling as though I have to simplify stuff for other folk either.

Do you understand my original point now though?

i understand that FF is a haven of overreactions, you will find it in every matchday thread win or lose, we are famous for it, myself included

what i don't understand is you saying that these reactions are down to one game, its a culmination of very poor results since Aberdeen that has seen us blow a 6pt lead, this isn't a overreaction, its watching us blow leads at Aberdeen and Ross County and finishing with that abomination last night

We’ll get scudded anyway so he’s probably just being saved for the more important league games.
Nothing like a bit of optimism. I am sure your a realist but your a depressing supporter. Probably one who gets upset when we win.

i understand that FF is a haven of overreactions, you will find it in every matchday thread win or lose, we are famous for it, myself included

what i don't understand is you saying that these reactions are down to one game, its a culmination of very poor results since Aberdeen that has seen us blow a 6pt lead, this isn't a overreaction, its watching us blow leads at Aberdeen and Ross County and finishing with that abomination last night
That's the thing though, I never said it's down to one game, I said that folk are shitebags after a bad result - you took that as meaning only the one game, I meant nothing more than folk have shitebag reactions after all bad results.

It's aimed at folk calling for GvB to be removed and those who have already conceded the League with 14 games left.

Nothing like a bit of optimism. I am sure your a realist but your a depressing supporter. Probably one who gets upset when we win.
I just don’t get the point of pretending I think otherwise though. You might as well pretend Santa’s really going to come down your chimney this year. Or that you’ll eventually get a ride aff Scarlett Johansson.

Reminder, a defence that’s just shipped 6 goals in 2 games, one game being against Ross County, will be going up against the greatest centre forward in the world.

Helander is a superb player but we should be looking to offload with his injury record. Just the way it is.

Few points:

How f*cking infuriating that our return dates for injury are always wrong.
Why is Simpson still here.
Why the f*ck has Gio started Itten in vital games only to not have him in the Euro squad (He should be in neither btw).
To be fair we couldn’t find a buyer for Simpson or he would be gone. He has long enough on his contract that we didn’t buy him out (rightly so!).

Itten started so many games because we didn’t have Alfie or Roofe, and he was seen as a better option than 40 year old Defoe or not playing a striker. It was the right thing to do, we paid good money for him and it was only right to give him a chance under a new manager.

Sadly predicting returns from injuries is not an absolute science, and players can have relapses or new injuries. That said I’m amazed so many players seemingly made from glass pass out medicals!

As much as people berate us for signing injury prone players, many of them are just unlucky. Yes Ramsey is a risk, as is Souttar. But Helander, Jack, Hagi, Roofe etc were never injury prone before us yet have been hugely unlucky. Whilst Rossiter played about 5 games in four years and after he left I don’t think he’s been injured since!

Stop signing injury prone players.

Balogun, Helander, Roofe to name a few in recent years. Over £6m in transfer fees and high wages.

We’ve just added Souttar and Ramsey - another two players with an injury list the length of the PRW.
To an extent I agree, but whilst Rangers can attract quality players we generally need there to be something that bothers richer clubs about them whether it's injury concerns or age or inexperience.

Stop signing injury prone players.

Balogun, Helander, Roofe to name a few in recent years. Over £6m in transfer fees and high wages.

We’ve just added Souttar and Ramsey - another two players with an injury list the length of the PRW.

i take your point but any signing is a gamble due to the freak nature of injuries

IIRC Rozenthal & Kuznetsov were not injury prone yet crocked just after arrival
the flipside is Goldson - out for a while with the heart issue and yet comes here and barely misses a game in his years here

Don’t want to piss on anyone’s parade that thinks we will just bounce right back after that humiliating defeat.
But…where is the evidence right now, that this will happen, after the way we have been playing?

We are still, and will continue to play Gio’s way.
Which obviously isn’t sitting well with many of the players, and supporters,
The Jambo’s are playing pretty well, and better and more solid defence than we do.Right now!
We have so many players, either off form, who it seems are not getting that ‘arm around the shoulder’ anymore.When things don’t go well,
Our defence is shipping goals like crazy!
6 in two games,
It may take weeks for Ramsey to get up to speed,
Diablo the same,
And we are so desperate in bringing Jack back, that he may not be fully ready, and sadly could break down again,

Just calling it as I see it right now.
And I sincerely, sincerely, wish I didn’t!

Funnily enough, a decent result in Europe, may be more the catalyst to changing things.

Anyway.Roll on Sunday.

Back